Trophy list revealed: thoughts?

Ghost

I immediately put this game onΒ my "wishlist" as soon as I saw the first footage from the PS5 Reveal event due to the art and animation. Reminds me a lot of Pixar mixed with a bit of Ghibli fantasy. Can't wait to get my hands on this game! Though, it is worrying that the review embargo has not lifted yet.

Trophy-wise, seems like a classic action/adventure-type of list. I wonder how difficulty is Master difficulty.

Β 

• Like 1

Β 

According to @PowerPyxΒ it's very short tho he can't comment on Master difficulty just yet. He also says there are about 200 Collectibles and you need to find all of them. Some enemy types seem to be missable too (mages) since they won't spawn outside the Story (?) Which could make a few combat Trophies also missable.

Β 

I'm personally excited for this game since it was announced tho i rather wait with purchasing it. I wanna see how people like it and if it's really that short.

Β 

Edited by Pendaemonium
I forget the @ for power pyx :)
  • Like 1

IGN gave it a 8: https://www.ign.com/articles/kena-bridge-of-spirits-review-ps5-pc

Β 

Β 

Mitchell Saltzman - "It makes sense that Ember Lab, the developer of Kena: Bridge of Spirits, started out as an animation studio. Just looking at this gorgeous world and Pixar-esque character designs tells you that this is a team that has a ton of experience in making incredible digital works, including their Majora’s Mask fan film, Terrible Fate. While Bridge of Spirits' gameplay doesn’t quite match the extraordinarily high bar set by its visuals for a number of reasons, including some bland storytelling and shallow progression, this 3D open-world action-adventure is still nonetheless an impressive achievement thanks to its exciting and deceptively simple combat and an excellent balance of action, puzzle solving, and platforming."

Β 

GameInformer 9/10 - One Of The Best Adventures Of The Year

Β 

Β 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

I really wish they hadn't gone with the black background for the trophy banner. Just using the cover art would have been an improvement to say the least.

a bit off topic, Tales of Arise ps5 game icon was the cover. Then ps5 had that update and now its just a black box that says Tales of Arise.Β 

Β 

I wish they used the banner too.

Im glad to see Kena getting good reviews. 9hr for a first game is a fair length. 18+ if people do 2 playthroughs for the Master difficulty trophy or whatever.Β 

Β 

will impatiently wait for November for physical.... 2 more weeks till game release overload happensΒ 

Digital Trends gave it a 9/10: https://www.digitaltrends.com/game-reviews/kena-bridge-of-spirits-review/
Β 

Is there a better alternative?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the adventure game to beat, but Kena is the best option for PS5 owners at the moment.

How long will it last?

The story takes around 10 hours to complete with some healthy collection. Finding everything will extend the playtime further, as will the Master difficulty mode that’s unlocked upon completion.

Should you buy it?

Yes. Forget Deathloop and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart: this is the defining console exclusive of the PS5’s debut year.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

Those tiles are fantastic, shame the banner isn't more detailed or in keeping with them.

Β 

List looks great too. Will definitely be picking this one up as I added it to the old wishlist not long after seeing it showcased.Β 

Β 

Nice to hear those reviewing it are on board and enjoying it too.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 5:59 AM, SLennox said:

Β 

Great to hearΒ  - Nine missable trophies

Β 

Regarding the game length, here's what the article from PushSquare says:

"Will vary from player to player. It will depend on which difficulty level you choose, how many collectibles you want to find, and whether you skip all the cutscenes. However, as a rough estimate, we'd say the game will take you between 8 to 12 hours to reach the end.

If you want to invest a bit more time in order to find all the collectibles and explore the world as much as possible, you could add on a few more hours to that figure. One of the game's Trophies requires you to play through the game a second time on the hardest difficulty, so if you want to get
all the Trophies and the Platinum, you'll be playing through it at least twice."

Edited by Ghost
update