Online pass delisted (Solution has been found)

thMeme

That's a bummer, it probably wasn't worth reupping the licensing on it considering it's nine years old and probably sold <500 passes a year but it still makes ya wish they implemented a solution for late arrivals.

The VIP pass came with new copies of the game, and it says it had an expiry date of March of 2016,but some things do go beyond their normally listed expiry date so if someone were crazy enough they could test it. I ain't doin' it though, do not recommend it, and take no responsibility for anyone who tries it.

CONFIRMED NOT TO WORK.

Alternatively, from what I can tell, the game only has one regional trophy list, so it may be worth taking a glance at the other stores to finish your list (I'm at work and they took down the web store for PS3 so fuck me lol). Again, expensive solution but if you can get the pass the main game is pretty cheap on ebay.

Edited by SeedersPhD
  • Like 1

I'm that crazy person that tried it. I bought a brand new copy of F1 2012 (not knowing when the pass expired) in the hopes that the pass would work. Well, it didn't. I ended up having to buy the online pass anyway so if anyone is thinking of buying a new copy I'd say it's not worth it. Did you try buying it through the extras tab on the in game menu? That worked fine for me, but that was the US store and 6 months ago or so.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ness1216 said:

I think you are misunderstanding me, I've said I have tried finding it through the store as well as in-game. That's what I have been meaning by I tried 4 days ago.

Sorry to hear that, I'd definitely try an NA copy. It was months ago that I was able to get my pass but there weren't any issues what so ever getting it through the game with my NA copy.  

On 9/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, Nodnarb95SE said:

I'm that crazy person that tried it. I bought a brand new copy of F1 2012 (not knowing when the pass expired) in the hopes that the pass would work. Well, it didn't. I ended up having to buy the online pass anyway so if anyone is thinking of buying a new copy I'd say it's not worth it. Did you try buying it through the extras tab on the in game menu? That worked fine for me, but that was the US store and 6 months ago or so.   

I will DM you .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 25/10/2021 at 7:34 PM, thMeme said:

Update: I bought a NA copy of the game and can confirm that you can still buy a VIP pass, (which you can get by booting up the game and buying a VIP pass) which means the platinum is still obtainable if you have a NA copy of the game.

Could you confirm if the online pass is still available in the NA stores?

Which country in specific? 

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/02/2022 at 7:11 PM, charlijaen said:

Could you confirm if the online pass is still available in the NA stores?

Which country in specific? 

Thanks.

Hi there, I can confirm that you can still buy the vip pass on the NA store, you will need to have a NA (USA or Canada) PSN account and an NA copy of F1 2012 in order to get it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2022 at 10:59 PM, thMeme said:

Hi there, I can confirm that you can still buy the vip pass on the NA store, you will need to have a NA (USA or Canada) PSN account and an NA copy of F1 2012 in order to get it.

And with a NA copy of the game + a NA account where you buy the vip pass, you can then play the game on your EU PS3 and EU account ? ^^'

@thMeme ??

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

On 26. 04. 2022. at 8:15 PM, seblegamer said:

And with a NA copy of the game + a NA account where you buy the vip pass, you can then play the game on your EU PS3 and EU account ? ^^'

I would also like to know that. Got today by accident new copy of the game but the code unfortunately expired

On 3/5/2022 at 10:18 PM, OverHypedG said:

I would also like to know that. Got today by accident new copy of the game but the code unfortunately expired

I got a NA copy which came with an unused code but it is expired. After I put it in the PS Store, it shows me the VIP Pass ready to redeem but then it gives the invalid code error.

I also tried to buy it ingame with a NA copy on US and CA accounts. Nothing shows up there. @thMeme please check if you can but I'm not able to purchase it. Maybe it was delisted by EA when they acquired Codemasters.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...