Master Difficulty = Huge spike

poisonblood

12 minutes ago, Tox said:

Sorry y'all, been at work but here's the steps I did

1. Finished boss and saved at the meditation spot

2. Instead of pressing continue I made a master save and played until I encountered Toshi (but I don't think that part matters but might as well mention it)

3. I then loaded my old save and skipped credits and *then* pressed continue and it loaded up in the same spot which went against my plan (was hoping to spawn in before final boss). 

4. Skipped the cutscene and credits and it popped the trophy to my surprise

Edit: Worth mentioning that a certain guide maker tested this on PS4 and couldn't replicate it but I'm on PS5, dunno what the case is with that

Just tried and didn't worked =(. What u did when u meet Toshi? I mean, did you waited the cutscene end, or skipped and loaded The save? 

37 minutes ago, Tox said:

Sorry y'all, been at work but here's the steps I did

1. Finished boss and saved at the meditation spot

2. Instead of pressing continue I made a master save and played until I encountered Toshi (but I don't think that part matters but might as well mention it)

3. I then loaded my old save and skipped credits and *then* pressed continue and it loaded up in the same spot which went against my plan (was hoping to spawn in before final boss). 

4. Skipped the cutscene and credits and it popped the trophy to my surprise

Edit: Worth mentioning that a certain guide maker tested this on PS4 and couldn't replicate it but I'm on PS5, dunno what the case is with that

I'm playing on PS4 and I started on Expert to get some feeling of Master. I guess no Kena plat for me, as I don't see myself struggle through Master. I was right when I said to my friend that Expert gives me Dark Souls difficulty vibe, but with bad hit boxes and attacks that actually track you mid air... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MGWhiteboy95 said:

I'm playing on PS4 and I started on Expert to get some feeling of Master. I guess no Kena plat for me, as I don't see myself struggle through Master. I was right when I said to my friend that Expert gives me Dark Souls difficulty vibe, but with bad hit boxes and attacks that actually track you mid air... 

Other than that the lag/drop of frames on PS4 is an additional hurdle.

I needed to decrease the difficulty to make a chest challenge, because I was doing the commands but they got lost amidst the drop frame on ps4 base.

Whoever completes the last boss with that absurd amount of AOE in the master is a hero, unless he has some trick that went unnoticed, it's really an insane fight.

Edited by WerneyPark
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, WerneyPark said:

I needed to decrease the difficulty to make a chest challenge, because I was doing the commands but they got lost amidst the drop frame on ps4 base.

Whoever completes the last boss with that absurd amount of AOE in the master is a hero, unless he has some trick that went unnoticed, it's really an insane fight.

I think every game should have the option to cap or uncap the framerate. AFAIK ps4 and ps4 pro versions are capped to 30 fps so even if you play it via bc it only runs on 30 fps. PS5 version has a performance mode which runs in 60 fps at around 1800p so imo there should be an option to play the ps4 pro version (1440p) in 60 fps as well. On ps4 pro there should be an option for 1080/60 instead of 1440/30.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WerneyPark said:

Oh yes, I'm almost at the end of story and I'm experiencing those drops in fights, where earlier they were exclusive to Village plus maybe two spots elsewhere. Never until now in battle (except for that 30 monsters chest I think you have in mind). We'll see in couple hours, I'm going to try and make this exploit work on ps4, I'll update y'all here when I get some results. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, matt_allen said:

I can't get my game to update to 1.04 and this exploit isn't working for me on 1.03

It should be available. I updated a few hours ago.

13 minutes ago, DanTheMan1999 said:

Maybe it's a region thing? I only have 1.03 for the PS5 version in the UK

That may be the case. Others are stuck on 1.03 as well on Reddit. Patch was first reported to be available yesterday: https://updatecrazy.com/kena-bridge-of-spirits-update-1-04-patch-notes-1-004-sep-21-2021/

1.04 Patch Notes:

• Added various gameplay optimizations.
  • Addressed game freezing issues.
  • Addressed some audio issues.
  • Fixed various game crashing issues.
  • Added general stability fixes.
  • Performance improvements added.
  • Other minor bug fixes.
Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2