Do the DLC cheats unlock trophies? Is there even a trophy for unlocking Tofu Mode, etc?

YonahFuriae

Just some unrelated first impressions, you can jump to the TL;DR for the actual question.

The remake is amazing, played on an event in 2018 on Barcelona and have both 2 and 3 since they released, but wanted to replay every game again, including the PS1 classics. Just dissapointed that you can't chose to use ink ribbons on other difficulties than Hardcore. The more tension you build because of limited ammo, heal and saves, is what makes you fear death, and thus make you feel tension, get scared, etc. Or at least it was the most part of it on the original, but the athmosphere and encounters, sound and how well managed everything is on this one, it still manages to be super scary even on normal. My first attempt was on hardcore because of the ink saving system basically, but after encountering the first zombie in the gas station and seeing you need to use almost every bullet using headshots to defeat him, I imagined this difficulty was thought for NG+, it must be a nightmare to attempt the first time you play and who knows how many ammunition bosses would need, don't think anyone would enjoy the experience starting on this, so they should really just make an option to chose ink system or not regardless of difficulty instead of tie it to this NG+ mode.

My main concertn though, is about the DLC that unlocks tofu mode, unlimited ammo and such. Trophies would feel really cheap and less rewarding if your trophy list don't reflect how you unlocked the stuff.

TLDR: So my first question is if there's trophies related to unlocking tofu mode and the guns you can automatically unlock by purchasing the DLC. And second if purchasing the DLC as soon as you start the game unlocks the trophies in case there's any, meaning the account would reflect if you used paid cheats or played legit, as these should unlock when you finish the game and fulfill the requeriments.

There aren't any trophies related to the special weapons or unlocking Tofu Mode. The only bonus mode that has a trophy related to it is the 4th Survivor Mode which I'm pretty sure you unlock after getting the final ending but I'm not sure if the DLC unlocks that. If it does then you could beat that mode before beating the campaign but even then you have to do that one legit because the loadout is already selected for you and so you can't just go through it with the infinite rocket launcher or the other special weapons.

If you buy the unlock dlc. You just have the option to use what would be unlocked. There is no trophies tied to it.

At best it will speed you up in getting the plat. As if you unlocked the rocket launcher with unlimited ammo. Then the hardest mode is a cake walk and should be able to get the speed run/ beat hard mode at the same time.

1 hour ago, YonahFuriae said:
So my first question is if there's trophies related to unlocking tofu mode and the guns you can automatically unlock by purchasing the DLC. And second if purchasing the DLC as soon as you start the game unlocks the trophies in case there's any, meaning the account would reflect if you used paid cheats or played legit, as these should unlock when you finish the game and fulfill the requeriments.

1. Purchasing the DLC won't unlock any trophies for you, just make trophies process easier. 

2. This DLC will unlock everything, which included 4th survivor and all 5 tofu survivors.

So if you complete the 4th Survivor before you earn the Broken Umbrella trophy, it may reflect that you used the DLC. (The 4th Survior only unlock after unlock the true ending in normal play)

Edited by J4MES_T1GER

Thanks for the answers! I'm not super paranoid about it but was mostly curious, and hoped Tofu and these unlockable things had trophies attached to reflect on the challenge, or even a trophy for beating hardcore on a fresh start without DLCs maybe. It's just an opinion and of course I don't mind what others do, but I care what my trophies reflect, I hated what they did with the FF remakes, they're so scared of scaring new players and it's not like they're even hard or have bosses like Persona that can last over an hour. My OCD was so high everytime I pressed R3 or L3 by mistake I reloaded my game as I felt that save would be stained otherwise, haha. Well FF7 killed my bad habit of pressing the R3/L3, the feeling is satisfying.

• 9 months later...
On 29.6.2022 at 2:42 PM, peostojic said:

Hi , I buy dlc for bonus weapon and when I start game RE2 I can not find where I can actived that ? Can somebody help me ?

The dlc is automatically activated at all times. You will find the bonus weapons in the item storage containers ingame (the ones you'll find in each saferoom). You'll get to the first one in about 5 minutes into the campaign mode.