Was PS5 kind of a disappointment to anyone else?

arcanehornet_

PS5 = 4K constant resolution + stable 60 FPS + fast load time + graphics config medium-high + antisocial interface/features.

PS4 Pro = 4K variable resolution + variable 30 to 60 FPS + slow load time + graphics config medium + great social features.

PS4 Slim = Full HD resolution + 30 FPS + slow load time + graphics config low + great social features.

Same experience, same games, same physics, same IA, same details, same graphics, just a hardware upgrade like a PC but they removed a lot of features in PS5, thats all.

Edited by DarkBlood-ARG

1 hour ago, iamthedotcom said:

Eh, kind of? There is a feature called gamelists. You can have like 10 or 15 of them, label them, etc. Each list can store 100 games. You can rename the gamelist and do some sorting with it. But it could use an update to be honest. 

To try this feature go to Games Library -> Your Collection -> Create Gamelist. 

Does that fit what you are looking for?

Oh that's actually pretty cool and it works kinda like the same thing, I usually have 40 games installed, I like to finish one and have the other already installed, back when the PS4 didn't have this option I had games plastered across the dashboard ugh... planning on getting a PS5 by December but gotta say the lack of PS5 only games is bumming me, my PS4 works wonders so I'll still play PS4 games on PS4 and only use the PS5 for their native versions, but now with talk of a PS5 slim I don't anymore...I went on rambling about something completely unrelated sorry lol, thanks for the answer, Kingdom Hearts 4 will probably be the game to make me jump gens :eyebrow:

Edited by Sunnyburrito

Well, the Dual Sense is amazing in Astro's Playroom, too bad all the other games don't even scratch the surface in terms of what the dual sense can do. 

The console looks cool, but is a bitch to clean and if you pick it up, it feels like a cheap toy. Not as cheap as PS3 super slim, but give it time, there's a PS5 slim on the horizon... 

The controllers, I have two of them - the buttons feel so different that I thought one of them was just a knock off. 

I can tell whether my PS5 is playing a PS5 or PS4 game by the sound of coil whine alone if I take my headphones off, or there's loading screen or a quieter moment with them on. 

And the obvious, games and all. It's 2023 and we still didn't transition to the "new" gen. 

I wouldn't go back to 30fps, but overall it's more like a PS4 pro 2, with better framerates and loading speeds. 

Edited by the1andonly654
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Would you prefer it if they followed Microsoft's "genius" naming convention instead and called The PS5 something like PS One Super Series P? 

I literally just watched  the episode that Sheldon was telling Amy about Microsoft naming weirdness in Big Bang Theory lol

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Would you prefer it if they followed Microsoft's "genius" naming convention instead and called The PS5 something like PS One Super Series P? 

Obviously, you missed my point entirely. PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5, PS6, PS7... Blah Blah Blah... Yadda Yadda Yadda...

Oooh, I see a pattern forming here. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. And FYI - Microsoft are NBABODH

4 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

- Hi! I want a Xbox for my son, please.

- Great, which one? Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One S.

- I prefer the Playstation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

- Great, which one? Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One S.

I'd be surprised if any major stores were still carrying Xbox One consoles. Outside of GameStop or other video game focused shops obviously.

11 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Yes, in year 2040 with more Xbox consoles nobody could order them chronological, it will be impossible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 3:18 PM, Deadvember said:

I have already got my moneys worth out of my ps5 during the last year, if they come out with a pro that'll be an instant buy as well.
Also SUPER excited for psvr2, which will be an instant buy

Damn, wish I had your money! I struggle to eat each month! Share the wealth brotha man! ?  ?

• Like 1

I've been perfectly happy with mine. Let's me play both PS4 and PS5 games, graphics are better, load times are better, makes less noise, controller is nicer, and as time goes by there will be more PS5-only games now that the supply shortage has gone away. No reason not to buy one.

• Like 4

I am happy with both of my "Playstation 4" and 5.

And i have enough games for both.

Online and physical.

So I am very happy with both of the gaming consoles.

You all see; I am just a gamer like everybody else here in this board; who enjoy gaming.

• Like 1

The boost in performance to PS4 games is undeniably pleasant but there's been little to no great PS5-exclusive content. Also, the novelty of the triggers wears off fast with certain games and is uncomfortable rather than immersive. Overall, a little underwhelmed but excited to see what the coming years bring.

• Like 3

yes.

the user interface is terrible and non-sensical. i mean, press PS button for one menu, press and hold PS menu for another? 

they should make it more simpler and effortless.

most of the games i've played on ps5 are ps4 games remastered or remade. too many remakes and no original memorable OP on this generation. and theres even talk of ps6 coming in only a few years! i feel the ps5 generation is being wasted. graphics isnt everything.

i also think the ps4 has a good few years left on it.

i think consoles should have a minimum life span of 10 years before the next one comes out.

with ps5 this advanced its surprising theres no emulating software to play ps3 games from disc.

and the controller battery charge is frustrating! i have to charge mine by usbc from the mains as charging from the console is useless.

Edited by rockstarjazz
  • Like 3

On 3/13/2023 at 5:20 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

Oh that's actually pretty cool and it works kinda like the same thing, I usually have 40 games installed, I like to finish one and have the other already installed, back when the PS4 didn't have this option I had games plastered across the dashboard ugh... planning on getting a PS5 by December but gotta say the lack of PS5 only games is bumming me, my PS4 works wonders so I'll still play PS4 games on PS4 and only use the PS5 for their native versions, but now with talk of a PS5 slim I don't anymore...I went on rambling about something completely unrelated sorry lol, thanks for the answer, Kingdom Hearts 4 will probably be the game to make me jump gens :eyebrow:

The ps4 has a feature like that. You can sort all your installed games in folders. Unless I'm not understanding right what you are looking for. 

Here's a short video on how to:

• Like 2

Yes and no. I'm happy with the hardware improvements like the addition of an SSD and more powerful hardware that improves gaming performance. I'm disappointed with the PS5 exclusive games. The ones i have played have been great, but IMO there are not enough exclusive games that set the PS5 apart from other consoles. Some PS5 'exclusive' games were then also ported to the PS4 (like God of War Ragnarok) . Also i miss features from the PS4 like themes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Playstation 5 right now is the one console that has caused me more problems in 1 month than my ps4 in his 7 years. A unfinished piece of garbage calling itself "Next Gen" is beyond infuriating. I get connecting issues, after doing literally everything in my damn mind to get the problem solved but no, appearently the console is just this bad..... Ports open, lan cable changed, my damn router changed, nothing is solving it. Even rebulding the database does not solve it.

I know one thing for sure this time. I will never touch a beta console like this ever again and i will wait for the slim/pro version of that console.

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutcastGuy50 said:

Not sure why the PS5 has so many console system errors and have 50 game freezing including trals of reverie PS5 freezing.Should I buy the PS4 again just in case or buy a new PS5 model in 2023 model or wait for PS5 slim.

I would wait to be honest. Something i should have done aswell. It is clear that even after this many years this console still has its issues. Not surprising really, i mean the vanilla ps4 had many issues aswell, which got fixed with time and well newer versions of the console....... Once i am done with my remaining game i will give the ps5 back aswell.