Jaffar79

Do you like this game?

22 posts in this topic

I state that i m a big racing games fan... I started this game because i was searching a relaxing racing game not too hard and I thinking Dirt 5 was a sequel of Dirt 4: i know that Dirt franchise (excpet for Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0) is not a simulator, but Dirt 5 seems a mix between Onrush and Wreckfest... it s quite enjoyable, but it s not even a rally game...

What do you think?

Why would it be a rally game? It's called dirt 5, not dirt rally. It's clearly an arcade racer, and very fun and relaxing. It does get repetitive though.

Probably my fav game of 2020/2021, wacky, fun, entertaining campaign, and playgrounds are a great addition.
Also the year 1 pass was probably the most bang for your buck season pass I ever got

On 27/9/2021 at 5:23 AM, Dreadnought190 said:

Onrush + Wreckfest is pretty accurate. It’s a really fun arcade racer that’s a little simulation. The gameplay is great and a nice variety of events. There’s not necessarily a career mode or anything like that it’s just ‘pick an event and win’ kinda game until you finish all the events (I’d say 120+). If you can find it for $15 to $20 I’d say pick it up. 1f44d-1f3fb.png Will it blow your mind and revolutionize the gaming genre? Nope but that’s ok. Trophy wise really not hard except the 30,000 points gymkhana trophy if that one method has been fixed. Just in case you may wanna get a physical copy, play offline and use the method to do it with ease. Someone is free to correct me. I can’t speak for the dlc but if it’s on sale I’d say its worth a pickup. Hope this helps! 

i'm agree with you mate :-) i got the game with ea access at €3,99 ;-) a reasonable price i suppose :-) 

It's okay - a perfectly solid racing game that does really well in a couple of areas but doesn't particularly include anything special that will keep you coming back time after time

38 minutes ago, mareepx said:

It's okay - a perfectly solid racing game that does really well in a couple of areas but doesn't particularly include anything special that will keep you coming back time after time

i plat the game and i enjoyed it... but yes nothing special to remember ;-) i deleted it after the plat....

i liked all the dirt (non rally) games quiet alot. but yea it for sure is not a rally simulator but a arcade racer with rally theme

The game excels at both being very fun and very frustrating (and not in the fun way), and because the fun tracks are usually over after one try, you keep replaying the most frustrating parts of the game over.

Main game had this much less, but it seems they doubled down on this in the DLC. so it went from a 7 to a 5,5.

Edited by TheNarrator-23

21 hours ago, bannius213 said:

Fuck no! 

Boring, repetitive, buggy, and the IA sucks. 

Think we get it. Why do you keep playing it? Delete it and move on.

Judging by a few threads over on Reddit, yes, A LOT of people like it.

I believe Evolution Studios' trademark colourful tracks and vehicles and the overall festival vibe work in favor of the game.

But I can also understand where people who dislike it are coming from.

I personally prefer simcade racing games and expect a challenge, like Driveclub or Motorstorm offered. And that's how Codemasters games used to be.

I don’t remember ever feeling excited while playing Dirt 5 because of how simplistic everything felt.

I think this game is tailored to more casual gamers, or at least people who don’t play racing games often.

In the end it's a well made game. You'll enjoy it or not depending on what you expect from a racing game.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, Hvalpen said:

Why would it be a rally game? It's called dirt 5, not dirt rally. It's clearly an arcade racer, and very fun and relaxing. It does get repetitive though.

Because the older DiRT games featured Rally events before they split it off and made the separate Rally game series. 

With that said, the older DiRT games were much more enjoyable. DiRT 5 isn't bad but it's also the weakest in the series of games where each passing sequel gets less and less enjoyable and more and more repetitive and boring. DiRT 2 was the best one IMO. 

Edited by mega-tallica

I think it's ok as a racing game, easy, relaxing, but a weak entry for the Dirt franchise, called Rally or not. At first the landscapes felt really weird in color but i got used to it after a while.

Definitely hoping for another Dirt Rally game instead of a follow up in the likes of Dirt 5.

Game is ok, I like it. It's not something I could play for hours, but for doing a few races here and there it is a good game. 

Edited by Afura_33

It was a decent game. My only gripe with it was the rubber banding and the tracks.  You play the same track over and over just with different cars. The rubber banding forces you to drive flawlessly because if you make a mistake the no2 car is never more the  2-3 seconds behind no matter how well you are driving. 

Rubber banding is the lamest form of difficulty. I even tried a couple of races on easy and the no2 car were always up my ass. 

Works the other way too with the rubberbanding.

Let my 3yo drive a few races and he has difficulty after 1 lap. Was able to catchup and finish 1st or 2nd in them afterwards. 

50 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

It was a decent game. My only gripe with it was the rubber banding and the tracks.  You play the same track over and over just with different cars. The rubber banding forces you to drive flawlessly because if you make a mistake the no2 car is never more the  2-3 seconds behind no matter how well you are driving. 

Rubber banding is the lamest form of difficulty. I even tried a couple of races on easy and the no2 car were always up my ass. 

Agree 100% with all of this.

I also hate dynamic difficulty as well like in RE4. It makes the game unrewarding when you can just play poorly and the AI will adjust.

45 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

Works the other way too with the rubberbanding.

Let my 3yo drive a few races and he has difficulty after 1 lap. Was able to catchup and finish 1st or 2nd in them afterwards. 

Well, that's why people have a problem with it. It punishes those that try to race well while rewarding those that don't. It should be the opposite. 

It's also cheap. You can be flawless the whole race but make one tiny mistake at the end and the AI will immediately pass you and you lose, do it over again and be even more flawless. The better you are the more it punishes you. I'd rather just have normal difficulty selection like most other games. You want a more aggressive/faster AI? Pick hard difficulty. Want an easy time and win everything easily then pick easy. This rubberbanding mechanic in racing games is just a cheap, lazy way to artificially make racing games more unnecessarily difficult. 

DiRT 5 originally didn't have rubber-banding and they added it in for the last DLC patch. The game was much better prior to the rubber-banding patch. Don't know why they felt the need to change it. 

It's one of the weakest dirt games in the whole franchise, however it is still a fun mindless game, albeit a fairly easy and repetitive.

The rubber banding is definitely an issue, on normal difficulties I had many events spending first most of the time only to lose at the finishing line, I don't want to imagine how is it on harder difficulties.

You drive 125 tracks ...that's it. The only reason anyone would like this 'game' is because you can set it to 'very easy' and coast to a platinum. You can use the default car and not bother upgrading. The career mode isn't really a career but just playing all the tracks. There's nothing shiny about it. I turned the volume off and watched movies. You can start late behind the other cars, turn away to watch a scene on the tv, go to the bathroom & still win the race.

It's nice to play a throw-away in between playing actual games. 

God no, its dull and boring, the cars handle like shit and the AI is awful