MilesR2114's Backlog of Bullshit

MilesR2114

11 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

That’s a very pretty pile of bullshit you got there. Lots of great games to look forward to. As for me, I look forward to coming in here and deeply inhaling a good whiff every so often. Good luck sir.

Thank you! I've never really used the Forum feature before so i'm glad someone replied! I cannot believe how many games you've completed dear god, how long have you been trophy hunting? Also I see you played Yoku's Island Express recently, what do you think of it? I really wanted to get it soon but I didn't know if i'd enjoy it or not. 

Platinum #32

Narita-Boy-Free-Download-Torrent-Repack-Games.jpg

6 / 10

My 32nd platinum trophy! Narita Boy was quite the experience, it was short and sweet and confusing. The art and character design in this is absolutely amazing, there are so many beautiful pixel art areas to see on your journey to the core of the digital world with multiple traversal sections. Whether it be on your digital robohorse, a floppy disc surfboard, or piloting a giant mech the movement in this game feels very fluid and fun. My biggest issues with this game was the combat; it was too simple and got quite boring during the longer fighting sections and wish there was more to it. Maybe a parrying system or something to make it more engaging?
     The story is mostly told through flasback style memories but there's more than enough dialog and set pieces and form a fully realized and believable digital world. I was more than not confused about what was going on, however I will admit that's my fault and not the game's for not trying to engage with it enough and i'm sure many people would be sucked into it if they gave it a try but it honestly wasn't the story for me.
     All in all I would reccomend you play this! Its less than 8 hours long but with enough varied gameplay and impressive visuals to keep you engaged and having fun and to me that's all that matters.

Edited by MilesR2114

Trying to stay within your list as shown I do highly recommend 

The last of us- I thought it was a masterpiece and quite the emotional roller coaster. 

Hellblade- I did enjoy it quite a bit although it is a short game, enjoyed it enough to do both stacks

L.A Noire- is an enjoyable little title, although it feels weird upholding the law instead of running round with a rocket launcher obliterating everything in sight like GTA

Can I also recommend 

What remains of Edith finch- an under appreciated masterpiece

Mafia series- I had a great feeling of nostalgia playing the first after many many years

The division 1- I will say 2 is good but nowhere near as good as the original

Sniper elite series- cause let's he honest, who doesn't enjoy blowing some random nazis nuts off

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimNGary4Jay said:

Trying to stay within your list as shown I do highly recommend 

The last of us- I thought it was a masterpiece and quite the emotional roller coaster. 

Hellblade- I did enjoy it quite a bit although it is a short game, enjoyed it enough to do both stacks

L.A Noire- is an enjoyable little title, although it feels weird upholding the law instead of running round with a rocket launcher obliterating everything in sight like GTA

Can I also recommend 

What remains of Edith finch- an under appreciated masterpiece

Mafia series- I had a great feeling of nostalgia playing the first after many many years

The division 1- I will say 2 is good but nowhere near as good as the original

Sniper elite series- cause let's he honest, who doesn't enjoy blowing some random nazis nuts off

Hello and thank you for the reply! I've been putting of The Last of Us because the multiplayer trophies look like a pain in the ass but I do really wanna play it. Also my brother owns The Division so I could play it but I tried it the first week and came out and honestly found it really boring and the enemies very spongey and dropped it. Has it changed at all, improved? 

On 9/23/2021 at 3:42 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Holy cow - your backlog list is a Murderers Row of powerhouse games!

I see you have Outer Wilds currently on the go - man, that game had an effect on me few games do - loved every second of it!

Good luck with the list!

Thank you for the reply! I'm not too far into Outer Wilds but it's my focus atm. I want to finish it before the dlc comes out in a few days! Honestly so far my biggest issue is the flying, I've crashed more than I care to admit due to careless acceleration.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:16 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Nice list!

Celeste is a fantastic game, hope you enjoy it. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on hellblade too. Been meaning to buy that for a while now. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I'm hoping to get around to Celeste soon, i'll probably start it after Outer Wilds. I'll let you know what I think of Hellblade when I play it, i'll post a very tiny unproffesional review of it in the comments like I did for Narita Boy above!

To be fair the multiplayer is quite straight forward, it may take a few games to get used to it but using a cheese method as outlined in the trophy guide it takes no time at all. Just follow the guide and you can't go wrong

Personally I enjoyed the division from the initial load up. But if you didn't put much time into I'd highly recommend giving it another go. Once you have access to all the map and dlc modes it can be quite fun. Survival is amazing, underground is better with friends and last stand is the thing nightmares are made out of

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #33

maxresdefault.jpg

7.5 / 10

Blasphemous was my 33rd completed game and god damn was it hard! I don't play many difficult games so many others may think this game wasn't very challenging or even maybe easy, but I certainly had a time with it. The combat in this game is fun and has a very classic metroidvania feel to it, it's not too slow but just slow enough to make you think about what attacks and abilities you use at the right time or else you will suffer major damage. The boss design I found to be overall really good with ONE standout that made me think I wouldn't even be able to finish this game - Our Lady of the Charred Visage.
     While the combat was very challenging to me personally, the real difficulty in this game came from the platforming. The god damned platforming. The spikes are one shot kills, you're constantly being thrown around, ledges seem to be made out of the slippiest butter substance imaginable. It really needed a big overhaul.
     However the obvious draw to Blasphemous is the standout art direction that this game takes with its gothic horror motifs and stunning pixel art, it honestly might be my favorite art in almost any video game that i've played. All the environments manage to be colorful yet full of that dark, grim atmosphere you'd expect from the gothic horror genre. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I really recommend you try it if you have any interest in metroidvanias or gothic horror in general as there is 100% something here for you! 

Edited by MilesR2114
  • Like 1

UPDATE!!!!

I recently bought some new games! I've decided whenever I get new games i'll add an update with each purchase. This thread is more for myself since I know a lot of people aren't very interested and there's a lot of other threads that look better and are more interesting created by people with more free time and more creativity so I know mine won't ever pop off. Anyways for the 1 person who cares or decides to check in there was a new sale on playstation! Whenever there's a sale I gotta get something. I don't usually have much money to spend on games so sales are honestly what fuel my passion. I also decided to get a subscription to ps now for a year! I know it's not a very popular application and I understand that but please don't hate me for getting a subscription for a year. I split the price with my brother who will also use it and I think it will work out well seeing as I don't come into a lot of money and the downloadables on there are honestly packed at the moment with stuff I want to play like God of War, Bioshock, Borderlands, etc. So anyways onto what I decided to buy - 

Ashen

L7ea98a.png

I've had my eyes on this one for a while. I also decided to get the dlc, Nightstorm Isle. I haven't played many Souls-type games and honestly I don't consider myself a very skilled gamer so those kinds of games kinda intimidate me. I have started and finished 1 playthrough of Sekiro but it ended up going into the backlog as my save became corrupted and I haven't felt like restarting, but that's off topic! Ashen, from what i've heard and seen from the gameplay, looks like a very watered down and simpler Dark Souls style game so i'm hoping it'll be a fun introduction into more of that style and help me for when I do get around to the Dark Souls games. The art style also looks extremely apealing to me with the very simple almost clay look to it yet still manages to have a very horror-esque vibe to it. 

Yoku's Island Express

Ldaa92c.png

I've played video games for most of my life. I'm only 19 years old and my first ever gaming experience was with the ps2 playing Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat, and Crash Bandicoot. Now i've never really considered myself a "gamer" until very recently. I only every played games that came to me, I never kept up with news or sought out new and interesting experiences and most importantly I never valued completing games or trophy hunting. I mostly would play Call of Duty or GTA Online and never had an intention of completing anything until recently and it has really changed my perspective on a lot of things. I never really understood how many genres of games there were, how many unique experiences and creative ideas there could be and Yoku's Island Express looks like one of those to me. I also value games that don't have combat and try something different because I feel nearly every game has some sort of violence and games like Yoku's Island Express truly looks different and exciting. I also never knew of the metroidvania genre until recently when I played Blasphemous, Guacamelee, and some others on my pc and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I'm truly happy this went on sale and i'll be playing it very soon.

Transistor & Bastion

L8b4842.pngL5e5946.png

I got these games for the same reasons; they were both under $5, they're very well acclaimed, and the reputation of the developer Supergiant Games. I'm a big fan of rougelikes and wanna give Hades a shot as it looks amazing but it hasn't gone on sale yet but trust me, the moment it does i'm claiming that shit. For the time being though these are 2 of their games that have massive reputations and I see come up a lot in conversations around Hades. I know neither of these are rougelikes but the art and gameplay of both look unique and interesting to me. I honestly don't know what to expect from either of them as I mostly try to go into games as blind as possible about stories and gameplay mechanics as discovery is the most fulfilling experience of playing games to me. So yeah, no much more to say about these ones.

My Name is Mayo 2

L1c4c24.png

I have pretty much nothing to say about this, I got it for the same reason I got the first My Name is Mayo which is that I had a certain amount of money to spend and it padded the final price out to the last cent. So yeah that's it lmao.

A Way Out

L97d1b2.png

My brother and I often play coop games together and seeing as we only have 1 console couch coop games are invaluable to me. It seems like less and less games are being designed with couch coop and that really makes me sad as it can be such a great experience and more rewarding than online coop at times. Now that's not to say we're great at completing coop games, he's not much of a completionist so it can lead to not wanting to do all of the objectives together which I completely understand or I will lost interest about halfway through and stop. However this one doesn't seem to have too many trophies or that long of a completion time so i'm sure we can finish it! 

Ender Lillies: Quietus of the Knights

L47bb55.png

Now this one wasn't on sale and was the most expensive game that I got but I've been eyeing this one for a while for a lot of the same reasons I listed up above at Yoku's Island Express. The combat looks super fun with the almost Jojo stand summoning combat and the metroidvania elements make me super excited to play this! Not much to say about it besides that but i'll be sure to leave a review of what I thought of this and all games I complete from now on in this thread so stay tuned and check back in if you're even slightly interested!

So yeah that's it! I got all these games for $69.98 and i'm very happy with that. I don't usually have money to spend on games so I really value when I can get a good haul of fantastic games like this. Also Ps Now!!!!! God of War will be the first one played on there and then I plan to speed through The Last of Us Remastered's story as i'm not super interested in completing that atm but I am interested in completing The Last of Us 2. I think i'll get a lot of value from the ps plus downloadables. The ps3 games on there, I wish i could play but the streaming really sucks for me and besides I own a ps3 and most games are cheap on ebay so if i really want to play a ps3 title, like InFamous, I'll usually just grab it from there. So if you're anyone who read through this whole thing or skimmed it, thank you so much! Gaming has recently become one of my biggest passions and i'd realy appreciate if you'd follow this thread of leave a comment! Ask me anything or recommend me a game or just point out a spelling error! I want to interact with the trophy hunting community more so anything is appreciated!

Edited by MilesR2114
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MilesR2114 said:

Ender Lillies: Quites of the Knights

L47bb55.png

Now this one wasn't on sale and was the most expensive game that I got but I've been eyeing this one for a while for a lot of the same reasons I listen up above at Yoku's Island Express. The combat looks super fun with the almost Jojo stand summoning combat and the metroidvania elements make me super excited to play this! Not much to say about it besides that but i'll be sure to leave a review of what I thought of this and all games I complete from now on in this thread so stay tuned and check back in if you're even slightly interested!

I am super interested in this one, especially because of the Salt& Sanctuary vibe and the soundtrack. That Jojo mechanic I saw it works very well too!

Curious how you'll like it :D I didn't see too many people playing this one, waiting for a discount myself.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I am super interested in this one, especially because of the Salt& Sanctuary vibe and the soundtrack. That Jojo mechanic I saw it works very well too!

Curious how you'll like it :D I didn't see too many people playing this one, waiting for a discount myself.

Thank you for the reply! I'll let you know what I thought about it when I finish it.

13 hours ago, MilesR2114 said:

Transistor & Bastion

L8b4842.pngL5e5946.png

I got these games for the same reasons; they were both under $5, they're very well acclaimed, and the reputation of the developer Supergiant Games. I'm a big fan of rougelikes and wanna give Hades a shot as it looks amazing but it hasn't gone on sale yet but trust me, the moment it does i'm claiming that shit. For the time being though these are 2 of their games that have massive reputations and I see come up a lot in conversations around Hades. I know neither of these are rougelikes but the art and gameplay of both look unique and interesting to me. I honestly don't know what to expect from either of them as I mostly try to go into games as blind as possible about stories and gameplay mechanics as discovery is the most fulfilling experience of playing games to me. So yeah, no much more to say about these ones.

If I may, I can tell you exactly what to expect from both these titles… A shit-load of Awesome! ?

Both games are fantastic- Transistor especially is one of my all time favourites! (Current No.13 on my All time Rankings, so, y’know, fully endorsed by science ??) 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

Platinum #34 & #35

Outer-wilds-review-1024x576.jpg 68ad556cc90537647be274beb327eab9894c80f2.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&s=4a5279cc4e4280db914969f3b659d5c6

9 / 10                                                                                5 / 10

I'm lumping these two together because I completed them on the same day so I might as well post my thoughts about them in the same post. 

The Outer Wilds was just. so. good. I'm hesitant to say much about it in this post because if I can convince even one person to try this game I don't want to spoil a singular thing about it. It's just an instant classic, I heard so much about it before finally starting it and picking it up and I could not be happier with my experience. It challenged me in a way not many other games can and makes you feel like you are making meaningful discoveries the entire way through. Honestly that's all I really want to say about it, please try it if you value discovery in games even a tiny bit as there is so much meat to bite into with this game. I'm happy I picked it up with the dlc being out now and the next time I get some money to put into games it will be one of the first things I play.

A Way Out was fun for a night and I cannot have seen myself playing this for more than that. I finished it in about five hours in one session with my brother and it was really good! However who would pay full price for this? I got this on sale for a few dollars and I enjoyed my time with it but thirty dollars??? Really??? I would've been extremely disappointed with it if I paid that much for such a short, barebones experience. I've seen a lot of hate on the game and I think that's where most of the dislike comes from, expecting a thirty dollar experience from a fifteen dollar at most game. But besides that, I don't see a lot of strictly co op experiences out there and I really value when one comes along. I love co-op games and think you can get some of the best experiences from a game out of one and making memories with a friend and A Way Out will give you that for a day if you're willing to be a little patient with it. Don't expect anything amazing from it but if you want a good night with a friend pick it up on a sale!

Edited by MilesR2114
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

If I may, I can tell you exactly what to expect from both these titles… A shit-load of Awesome! 1f604.png

Both games are fantastic- Transistor especially is one of my all time favourites! (Current No.13 on my All time Rankings, so, y’know, fully endorsed by science 1f913.png1f61c.png

Thank you for the reply and I'm super honored to see you took a look at my list! Your list is incredible and you rank games very well so now I know im going to LOVE these games. I plan on playing Transistor after I finish Yoku's Island Express. Thank you for taking an interest in my list!

• Like 1

No Platinum Game #4

infamous_2_festival_of_blood_by_metallicwolf-d4cu71c.jpg

6 / 10

Now I still own my ps3 and I've bought physical games for it. I have The Metal Gear Hd Collection, Army of Two, Metal Gear Revengeance, and best of all InFamous 1 & 2. These are both some of my favorite games ever released on playstation consoles. Second Son was a mixed bag but I don't wanna get into that. My point is since it was October I wanted to play something halloween-y so I picked this seeing as I have never played it before being such a big InFamous fan. Now here's where I made my mistake - I own a ps3, I should've just paid the five dollars and got it on there, but seeing as I just got a ps now subscription for all the downloadables I figured I'd try out the streaming experience and see if maybe I could ditch the ps3. I can not. Ps now streaming for me was just horrible but I pushed through it so I could complete this. I can't say too much to the game's overall quality unfortunately as the resolution was ultra fucking compressed and disconnects were frequent which caused me to get quite fed up. I wish I had just bought it on there. It honestly makes me sad because I do not have bad internet and if ps now ran the way it is intended to ps now would be such a godly deal to me as it has pretty much every ps3 game I want to play on there but sadly it barely works and I'm just disappointed. I've read lots and lots of complaints about ps now before I got it so I knew not to get my hopes up for the streaming aspect but I had hoped maybe just maybe for me it would work. I'm still happy with ps now since I can play GoW, Nioh, Fallout 4, Until Dawn, etc. but still, it does sadden mean a major feature barely works.

As to the game, it plays just the same as InFamous 2 and the rare times it did work as intended I had a lot of fun draining street paraders blood and stabbing baddies in the street. I should've just played it on ps3, it's my mistake I didn't have as good of a time with this as I could've but for now i'm going to give it a six. If you have a ps3 and a spare five dollars you should play this, it's just a fun and goofy adventure for any InFamous fan out there.

Edited by MilesR2114
  • Like 1