Does the Master Difficulty glitch still work on patch 1.05?

Stargazer14096

21 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Is there anyway to stop online updates, or will it boot you out of the game until it works? Won't be able to start this until the weekend at the earliest. 

In Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Automatic Updates

Turn off Auto-Download and Auto-Install in Rest Mode.

I believe that works

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

The question I'd have is does it work below 1.03? 

Because I want to wait for the physical version and I assume they will patch it out by the time that comes out. But of course you can just not update it at all with the physical, but if the glitch doesn't work before 1.03/4/5 then you'd be out of luck right? 

1.03/04 was pretty much launch day patch. the disc since its coming in november is likely to come with at the least that day 1 patch if not the newest one so far.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

In Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Automatic Updates

Turn off Auto-Download and Auto-Install in Rest Mode.

I believe that works

This did not work for me.  Initially it downloaded but didn't install but next time I turned on the PS5, it installed it anyways. I'd turn your network off if you are worried. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

This did not work for me.  Initially it downloaded but didn't install but next time I turned on the PS5, it installed it anyways. I'd turn your network off if you are worried. 

Same here. This didn't work for me either. It installed the moment I got back from a short break. I turned my network off for now, just in case they patch it.

• Like 1

I've purchased on V1.05 and have turned off auto-update...as I'm primarily Xbox (which basically forces you to be online, can't earn achievements offline - or they at least don't pop until you sign back on) can you play offline until you're ready to do the exploit, and still earn trophies/just do it that way? I know it won't sync your list until you go back online, but I'm not sure if you can see if you're unlocking stuff or not. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

26 minutes ago, KPWCORE said:

I've turned off auto-updates on games for now...I've heard that Master is absolutely nails. Should finish it today so will get the Master trophy with glitch and then finish up everything else.

19 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I've purchased on V1.05 and have turned off auto-update...as I'm primarily Xbox (which basically forces you to be online, can't earn achievements offline - or they at least don't pop until you sign back on) can you play offline until you're ready to do the exploit, and still earn trophies/just do it that way? I know it won't sync your list until you go back online, but I'm not sure if you can see if you're unlocking stuff or not. 

Turning off auto-update and install did not stop my PS5 from installing the 1.0005 patch, so I'd recommend turning the network off until you use this. 

Someone else posted they used this while offline and it still popped. It is in the other thread but you can find it in there. 

Edited by damcrac5

18 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

Turning off auto-update and install did not stop my PS5 from installing the 1.0005 patch, so I'd recommend turning the network off until you use this. 

Someone else posted they used this while offline and it still popped. It is in the other thread but you can find it in there. 

I will do that, I didn't know if you could earn trophies offline (under my rock) as I'm 70/30 Xbox and more familiar with their system (love PS too though). That's great news, because I won't be pressured to complete it super fast either and can actually enjoy the game. Many thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damcrac5 said:

Just out of curiosity, how did this happen? In rest mode with internet connection enabled or while playing?

And you're sure you turned the options off for the games, not the system software...?

Edited by that_dude_cam_ps

3 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

The purpose of the setting doesn't really make sense then. Turning it off should disable the download as when it's turned on it 'Will regularly check for the latest updates and download update files when they're available'.

1 hour ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

Just out of curiosity, how did this happen? In rest mode with internet connection enabled or while playing?

And you're sure you turned the options off for the games, not the system software...?

I was in the games portion and not the system settings tab. There are two options that I had deselect prior to putting into rest mode. I got the notification coming out of rest mode. See below for a more thorough explanation of events. 

5 minutes ago, KPWCORE said:

The purpose of the setting doesn't really make sense then. Turning it off should disable the download as when it's turned on it 'Will regularly check for the latest updates and download update files when they're available'.

Not sure what was happening. Turned them off, put it into rest mode after playing. Turned it back on later to a few load notification, which I paused and deleted.  Next time I Turned it on it was downloading.  Started the game to prevent installation, which worked. However the subsequent start-up it installed it before I could get fully signed in and thus I'm on 1.0005 now.  No biggie as the work-around is still good, but just means I won't have access to online play for the next week or so.

Edited by damcrac5

1 hour ago, damcrac5 said:

I was in the games portion and not the system settings tab. There are two options that I had deselect prior to putting into rest mode. I got the notification coming out of rest mode. See below for a more thorough explanation of events. 

Not sure what was happening. Turned them off, put it into rest mode after playing. Turned it back on later to a few load notification, which I paused and deleted.  Next time I Turned it on it was downloading.  Started the game to prevent installation, which worked. However the subsequent start-up it installed it before I could get fully signed in and thus I'm on 1.0005 now.  No biggie as the work-around is still good, but just means I won't have access to online play for the next week or so.

Welp, I better hurry and get it finished then!
Thanks for the heads up. I'll disconnect for now.