Does the Master Difficulty glitch still work on patch 1.05?

Stargazer14096

1 hour ago, damcrac5 said:

Not sure what was happening. Turned them off, put it into rest mode after playing. Turned it back on later to a few load notification, which I paused and deleted.  Next time I Turned it on it was downloading.  Started the game to prevent installation, which worked. However the subsequent start-up it installed it before I could get fully signed in and thus I'm on 1.0005 now.  No biggie as the work-around is still good, but just means I won't have access to online play for the next week or so.

You're not the only person to report this, PowerPyx comments say a similar thing, so the feature is pretty broken right now I think. I didn't realise PS allowed you to earn trophies offline (Xbox you can't earn achievements offline), so this is the obvious solution rather than rushing through a well-reviewed game hoping it doesn't get patched. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

You're not the only person to report this, PowerPyx comments say a similar thing, so the feature is pretty broken right now I think. I didn't realise PS allowed you to earn trophies offline (Xbox you can't earn achievements offline), so this is the obvious solution rather than rushing through a well-reviewed game hoping it doesn't get patched. 

Yea im playing offline until i get the platinum lol

On 9/23/2021 at 8:56 AM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

In Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Automatic Updates

Turn off Auto-Download and Auto-Install in Rest Mode.

I believe that works

I got the platinum but had to disconnect completely. The steps you mentioned I tried about 3 days ago and it didn't work.. which isn't cool at all. Not sure how to stop updates on the PS5

32 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

there's a 1.06 patch out now on PS5

someone will have to confirm if the glitch still works

The patch notes at least don't mention anything about fixing the glitch so there's hope it still works:

Kena Bridge of Spirits 1.06 Patch Notes – Sep 25, 2021

• Added ability to remap movement keys (PC only).
  • Implemented fix for lost Karma. Save files missing Karma will be corrected after downloading the patch.
  • Fixed progression blocker in Storehouse. This update also fixes previous saves.
  • Fixed progression blocker when entering the Ancient Well. This update also fixes previous saves.
  • Fixed previous saves with Forge progression blocker
  • Fixed issue with Cursed Chest being locked when dying at the same time as enemies are defeated. This update also fixes previous saves.
  • Fixed EOS SDK error preventing some players from launching the game (PC only).
  • The Parry Counter attack is now easier to perform.
  • Fixed soft-lock in the Ancient Well.
  • Crash fixes.
  • Minor audio, visual, and collision bugs.
  • Addressed issues with photo mode.
  • Addressed some progression bugs.
  • Fixed progression blocker on Warrior Path.
  • Fixed minor visual bugs
  • Addressed audio bugs.
  • Added stability fixes.
  • Added gameplay performance improvements.

I'm still going to pick up this game but I had hoped it would've been a fun and relaxing game to platinum instead of having to worry about hard difficulty or missable combat related trophies etc.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

The Parry Counter attack is now easier to perform.

Maybe the difficulty will be brought down slightly for those going legit.

14 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

Fuck, I turned on my PS5 but didn't notice the popup that Kena was being updated. 

Now I have version 1.06 and I'm probably screwed. Damn it. 1f62b.png

Im sorry to hear that. My ps5 ignored my settings to not download/install. Network off for nnow.  Please let us know if you are able to have any success with it.

1 hour ago, Lilseb93 said:

Unfortunately, I forgot to turn off the automatic updates and I'm out of luck in the new patch. Oh well I'll just beat it and move on.

I disabled auto update but it still downloaded automatically. I deleted the download before it installed but a few minutes later it started downloading again. I have now disabled the network. 

Checked yesterday afternoon, went to buy the game that evening. Before pushing the button, I thought, "Do I need to check again and make sure they're still on 1.05? Naaah, they're not going to drop a new patch Friday night."

They did indeed drop a new patch Friday night. I snoozed and lost.

Edited by rdhight
  • Like 3