Does the Master Difficulty glitch still work on patch 1.05?

Stargazer14096

3 hours ago, Amphiprion11513 said:

I just platted it legit, it's challenging but I feel like people have blown this out of proportion. I'd say it's somewhere between a 5-7 on the rating scale dependent on your skill level and familiarity with game systems like this. The thing about this game which makes it harder than it needs to be is the combat could use some overall polish.

I normally don't mind beating games on super hard, but you're so right. The combat in this game is pretty loose (bad dodge, lack of good animation canceling, horrible lock-on) and would make super hard a tedious challenge rather than a fun one.

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I agree it's doable for sure. I've just got too much games on my hands these month's that I just wanted to experience the game.

Currently Tales of Arise which is a lot of hours and next up Death Stranding which is a lot and then we already hit October with Far cry 6 and lots of titles. Congrats doing it legit though that's a nice achievement in itself.

Thanks and I totally get where you’re coming from, this is the time of year that can get overwhelming. 

4 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I normally don't mind beating games on super hard, but you're so right. The combat in this game is pretty loose (bad dodge, lack of good animation canceling, horrible lock-on) and would make super hard a tedious challenge rather than a fun one.

Yeah I’d say for me combat would be top of the list to be addressed. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dee-lan said:

Might be a stupid question but is it not possible to reinstall the game while blocking the updates by any chance?

Not from the store no. There are ways to download v1.0 and other patched version, but you have to work a proxy server to download it. Other option would be see what version of the game is released on disc in November to see if you could access it that way. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, dee-lan said:

Might be a stupid question but is it not possible to reinstall the game while blocking the updates by any chance?

It's possible for PS4 games (played on PS4 or PS5), but not PS5 games. Details here: 

I've done it previously with Metro Exodus last year. I reverted the game to v1.00 to do the same thing as in Kena, since Metro Exodus also had an exploit to skip the run on the hardest difficulty that eventually got patched. 

• Like 1

I just popped master difficulty trophy from the glitch. I am normally pretty receptive to a pretty challenging game, but the combats just a little too rough around the edges for a higher difficulty IMO. If it's addressed one day, I will probably do the PS4 stack legitimately....welp now it's time for collectibles, which itself could have also had some more quality of life help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restless_D_reams said:

Just got the plat thanks to this glitch, i'm gonna do it for a friend too haha his game updated itself despite having auto-update disabled

Still gonna play master difficulty legit in the future tho

What version game did you have when going for the glitch? 

23 minutes ago, L0rdAceX said:

I just popped master difficulty trophy from the glitch. I am normally pretty receptive to a pretty challenging game, but the combats just a little too rough around the edges for a higher difficulty IMO. If it's addressed one day, I will probably do the PS4 stack legitimately....welp now it's time for collectibles, which itself could have also had some more quality of life help. 

Was this on version 1.06? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

1.06 = Patched. No easy way out anymore. Time to  git gud ? 

Step 1: Delete the game

Step 2: Turn off internet connection

Step 3: Redownload game without the patch

I got the Uncharted 4 speedrun trophy exploit doing this 4 years after it was patched. 

Edited by MrTacos98

5 minutes ago, MrTacos98 said:

Step 1: Delete the game

Step 2: Turn off internet connection

Step 3: Redownload game without the patch

I got the Uncharted 4 speedrun trophy exploit doing this 4 years after it was patched. 

How can you download the game if you turn off the internet? ??

It won't work.

It's possible to do it with a physical game, but for digital games, you automatically download the latest version of the game. It doesn't make you download the original version + patch

Edited by DragonSpear2462
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

How can you download the game if you turn off the internet? 1f914.png1f602.png

It won't work.

It's possible to do it with a physical game, but for digital games, you automatically download the latest version of the game. It doesn't make you download the original version + patch

Yes it only works with the disc version. That's why I always get the disc version of a game so if any glitch gets patched I can "unpatch" the game. 

I guess there is a way to "unpatch" a digital game if you're good with computers. 

15 minutes ago, MrTacos98 said:

Yes it only works with the disc version. That's why I always get the disc version of a game so if any glitch gets patched I can "unpatch" the game. 

I guess there is a way to "unpatch" a digital game if you're good with computers. 

Not trying to ridicule you (honest question);
Why did you write the steps to do it if you knew that it only works with disc versions? Are you not aware that Kena is a digital-only game (for now)?

For those waiting for the disc version; even when we get it (end of November), I'm pretty sure it will be the patched version since we're 2 months away. 

Edited by DragonSpear2462
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Not trying to ridicule you (honest question);
Why did you write the steps to do it if you knew that it only works with disc versions? Are you not aware that Kena is a digital-only game (for now)?

For those waiting for the disc version; even when we get it (end of November), I'm pretty sure it will be the patched version since we're 2 months away. 

It's possible that all patches from the game's release until now will be a day one patch on disc. I would be surprised if they haven't started producing discs for the game by now because they need a good number of discs made and ready to ship for launch day and for testing and rating purposes. After a disc is made, the only way to fix anything is with an internet patch, which can be blocked by turning off internet. Since the exploit is in the original version, it will at least be on any discs printed before the developers found it. 

I could be wrong though, but a source I looked up says they start printing discs 2-3 months in advance of a launch date for the purposes stated above. 

But also, I didn't realize Kena was digital only. It's not a game I'm interested in. I'm just saying there are ways to get around developer patches. 

1 hour ago, TimbosliceX13 said:

What version game did you have when going for the glitch? 

Was this on version 1.06? 

I did it on 1.005. I had that one installed then played it offline so that it wouldn't let my console install 1.006. 

Edited by L0rdAceX