Does the Master Difficulty glitch still work on patch 1.05?

Stargazer14096

3 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I'm playing 1.05 and playing offline - just finished Village Heart - so fingers crossed. 

Just make sure to not get back online if you want to use the exploit. I just finished the game on 1.005 myself and got the trophy. Went back online afterward and immediately got 1.006.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Best advice for new players who want to abuse this exploit is wait till November. Buy the disk version and that should have <1.06

Probably not. I guess it’s like death gambit. Game came with 1.0x Version on disc. I‘m pretty sure it will be the same. We‘ll see in November ?

4 hours ago, advokata1 said:

I'd love to do Master difficulty legit and I'm trying to to git gud but it's so frustrating that bosses are able to change their attack direction 'mid-flight' so that they hit you no matter how much you try to dodge. It completely throws my intuition off the track. It's like the developers directly telling you "we want to screw you over, deal with it".

This is why I used the glitch. There's also this thing where you would lock on to an enemy and if the enemy moved offscreen your camera would be forced to be locked in place for a few seconds and you couldn't move it and it was very frustrating. 

Also sometimes the lock on just wouldn't work and the game would randomly decide you aren't able to use your rot to keep enemies in place. Like I said earlier, the combats a little too rough around the edges for a master mode playthrough atm. I'm sure it's doable, but it will frustrate the hell out of you. 

Parry timing also doesn't seem consistent, but I am willing to chalk this up to me being bad and this is my loosest argument. 

Edited by L0rdAceX
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, L0rdAceX said:

Parry timing also doesn't seem consistent, but I am willing to chalk this up to me being bad and this is my loosest argument. 

I've almost given up trying to parry, to be honest. Maybe I'll allow myself to do it with some of the weaker and slower enemies but I'm certainly not willing to take the risk with any of the bosses.

Dodging, as I've mentioned, is almost as difficult, in my opinion. The timing has to be virtually perfect.

Do it too late and the boss will have already hit you. But do it too early and and the boss will just change direction as he is attacking you. That Stone Guardian (or whatever he is called) mini-boss would be a hilarious example for this, if it wasn't so bloody frustrating: When he jumps in the air towards me to attack, I dodge, only to see him literally clip mid-air for a split second and then reappear but now he is aiming in my direction and he manages to land the hit tearing away almost my entire health. Thanks, game. Fuck you, too.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 7:13 PM, Amphiprion11513 said:

Thanks and I totally get where you’re coming from, this is the time of year that can get overwhelming. 

Yeah I’d say for me combat would be top of the list to be addressed. 

They did say they were going to support the game and talking about it maybe being focused around combat or photo mode, but I think there are a lot of small problems here that I don't think they'd touch in a patch. I hope I am wrong though. I did see that they patched the counter to make it easier to perform so that is one step in making it all feel better.

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

Are the devs even aware of the serious balance issues? It's really need a patch asap... When it comes to patching exploit they do it right away, but balancing almost game breaking combat problems? No can do... 

To be fair, fixing a difficulty check can be a fairly simple task. Altering the balance of a game should be not so abrupt or it could completely change the feel of the game. I imagine there will be additional work on the combat system. Hopefully open this plat up legitimately for more people. 

15 hours ago, advokata1 said:

I'd love to do Master difficulty legit and I'm trying to to git gud but it's so frustrating that bosses are able to change their attack direction 'mid-flight' so that they hit you no matter how much you try to dodge. It completely throws my intuition off the track. It's like the developers directly telling you "we want to screw you over, deal with it".

I got flashbacks to the hunter boss fight. I was so pissed when she zoomed behind me after i dodged her 1st&2nd attack.

P.S the slow-mo bow was a clutch to avoid the staff combat.

Edited by shlomaniac

10 minutes ago, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

Any idea if it still works on the 1.06?

I can't see this being high on their list to fix imo.

I had the patched paused but fell asleep and console went into sleep and it still downloaded it even after turning all that off. Careful out there 

Refering to all posts above it's been patched with 1.06. 1.05 was working fine.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:46 AM, Ara_Dax said:

FAR2ysiX0AISPdz?format=png&name=small

I presume this issue is due to 1.006 and not 1.06. ?

EDIT: After being on pause for a whole day.  It has decided to unpause itself and update.  FML.

it did that to me yesterday as well, even tho I've had it paused since Saturday 

14 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

We have been telling people to play offline since the day the exploit was discovered but no one listens 1f629.png

can only speak for myself… but I gameshare with my gf… so I HAVE to play online at all times for the console to verify my account else I can’t play anything 

it’s my biggest gripe for having digital games 

1 minute ago, HondaHoe said:

can only speak for myself… but I gameshare with my gf… so I HAVE to play online at all times for the console to verify my account else I can’t play anything 

If you left one offline the whole time it wont lose gameshare.  I do that with my 2 PS5's in my home(upstairs and downstairs).  This allows my kids to play my content upstairs and I can play online downstairs.  This was an quality of life exploit that I found was worth keeping my downstairs console offline for the week.  Sorry to hear you lost out on the patch.  Here's to hoping we can find out how to proxy in v1.0 PS5 games like we can for PS4.  

I made the mistake of not creating a save before poping the Master trophy.  It sounds like they are going to have additional content, which I can see them putting master difficulty on it.  Would have liked to keep my maxed out Kena for it.  Not too bummed as I've already started a legit playthrough on Masters with Patch 1.006.  I have felt the parry improvements.   Mostly as I try to defend myself and it parries on accident.  Waiting for the first boss to see if this is something I can realistically achieve.

On 9/28/2021 at 0:15 PM, HondaHoe said:

I'm surprised no one's jumped on you for this game sharing used to be among the worst of taboos on here now seems like everyone's sharing lol I have no feelings on the matter passing the controller and loaning a meet card and such has been around since gamings invention lol