Endgame trophies problem

kiseiju68

I finished the game and got the "One Perfect Day" trophy. I am trying to make the trophies "Play It Again, Colt" and "Clean-ish Hands", but I have a problem, the "Ending It" mission reports it to me as completed, but I still have the objectives (Killing Harriet etc. active) and although I kill the visionaries, it doesn't unlock the "Play It Again, Colt" trophy.

Can someone help me?

5 minutes ago, ph0nix123 said:

Did you enter the RAK, take the rocket, confront and kill Julianna and then jump off the platform?

I took the rocket, but I took the gun and didn't kill Julianna, and it unlocked the "One Perfect Day" trophy and the "Ending it" mission completes it.
Do I have to kill her to continue?

Yes I'm pretty sure you have to kill her and then jump off the platform to get the final trophy (thats what I did and the trophy popped). If you want to get it quickly just shoot her just as you start to walk across to her platform. I'm basing this on what Powerpyx wrote in his guide.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ph0nix123 said:

Yes I'm pretty sure you have to kill her and then jump off the platform to get the final trophy (thats what I did and the trophy popped). If you want to get it quickly just shoot her just as you start to walk across to her platform. I'm basing this on what Powerpyx wrote in his guide.

The final "One Perfect Day" trophy I have unlocked, my problem is that when I return to the game I still have the "Ending it" mission objectives active and I cannot do the "Play It Again, Colt" and "Clean-" trophies. ish Hands ", because he doesn't consider me the game over.

57 minutes ago, kiseiju68 said:

I finished the game and got the "One Perfect Day" trophy. I am trying to make the trophies "Play It Again, Colt" and "Clean-ish Hands", but I have a problem, the "Ending It" mission reports it to me as completed, but I still have the objectives (Killing Harriet etc. active) and although I kill the visionaries, it doesn't unlock the "Play It Again, Colt" trophy.

Can someone help me?

Some trophies are a bit buggy - namely 'Pieces of Eight' (took me killing a visionary twice) and Play It Again, Colt (kill a visionary after completing the game).

Play It Again, Colt

Firstly, it's normal to have the "Ending It" mission objectives so don't worry about that. When you finish the game, when you go back in, it puts you back before the "Ending It" day, like many games do before the end-boss. So it'll always still give you the Ending It objectives.

One important thing to note is for it to count has having finish the game, you need to do the 'proper' ending...which is to:

Spoiler

kill both Julianna AND yourself at the end. The game makes it appear like you have various end-game choices, but really, it's another test as to how to properly end the loop. The endings for just killing her, or sparing her aren't the way you're supposed to end the game and are more 'easter egg' endings, I believe. To end the loop - and thus the game - both of you need to die. This was the main issue redditors were having. Not doing the correct ending would mean that Play It Again, Colt and Clean-Ish Hands won't unlock. 

Even after doing this (if you did pick this ending), "Play It Again, Colt" didn't unlock for me properly after killing a visionary, and I've seen others with the same issue. It eventually (randomly) unlocked for after killing Harriet and escaping Karl's Bay in the Morning. I did Fia and Charlie on Fristrad Rock in the Afternoon (nothing) and Charlie at Updaam in the Morning beforehand - nothing. So I think it's a bit buggy. You'll likely have a lot to do end-game, so don't worry, it'll pop eventually and isn't unobtainable on your save or anything. 

The only thing I think of is that, during "Ending It", you're supposed to kill Harriet first - so perhaps she's the visionary you're meant to kill for this trophy???

Clean-Ish Hands 

Read the above 'proper' ending advice; would apply to this too. One other area to be careful of:

Spoiler

When using the nullifier in The Complex at Noon (mandatory), take the battery out, don't use a grenade. PowerPyx advised to blow it up once you uncover the device, but don't do this - take the battery pack out instead. I didn't get Clean-Ish hands on my first attempt and this is the only possible way I can think of that a non-visionary would have died. Someone must have died in the explosion, as the radius is quite large. I was extremely careful otherwise. It's actually easier to remove the battery pack, as you can essentially go back in invisible with Aether.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Some trophies are a bit buggy - namely 'Pieces of Eight' (took me killing a visionary twice) and Play It Again, Colt (kill a visionary after completing the game).

Play It Again, Colt

Firstly, it's normal to have the "Ending It" mission objectives so don't worry about that. When you finish the game, when you go back in, it puts you back before the "Ending It" day, like many games do before the end-boss. So it'll always still give you the Ending It objectives.

One important thing to note is for it to count has having finish the game, you need to do the 'proper' ending...which is to:

Reveal hidden contents

kill both Julianna AND yourself at the end. The game makes it appear like you have various end-game choices, but really, it's another test as to how to properly end the loop. The endings for just killing her, or sparing her aren't the way you're supposed to end the game and are more 'easter egg' endings, I believe. To end the loop - and thus the game - both of you need to die. This was the main issue redditors were having. Not doing the correct ending would mean that Play It Again, Colt and Clean-Ish Hands won't unlock. 

Even after doing this (if you did pick this ending), "Play It Again, Colt" didn't unlock for me properly after killing a visionary, and I've seen others with the same issue. It eventually (randomly) unlocked for after killing Harriet and escaping Karl's Bay in the Morning. I did Fia and Charlie on Fristrad Rock in the Afternoon (nothing) and Charlie at Updaam in the Morning beforehand - nothing. So I think it's a bit buggy. You'll likely have a lot to do end-game, so don't worry, it'll pop eventually and isn't unobtainable on your save or anything. 

The only thing I think of is that, during "Ending It", you're supposed to kill Harriet first - so perhaps she's the visionary you're meant to kill for this trophy???

Clean-Ish Hands 

Read the above 'proper' ending advice; would apply to this too. One other area to be careful of:

Reveal hidden contents

When using the nullifier in The Complex at Noon (mandatory), take the battery out, don't use a grenade. PowerPyx advised to blow it up once you uncover the device, but don't do this - take the battery pack out instead. I didn't get Clean-Ish hands on my first attempt and this is the only possible way I can think of that a non-visionary would have died. Someone must have died in the explosion, as the radius is quite large. I was extremely careful otherwise. It's actually easier to remove the battery pack, as you can essentially go back in invisible with Aether.

Thanks, I try to do as you told me.