Is the game finished now?

DaveMcDamage

Hi everyone, 

I recently got the completions on Origins and Odyssey. Obviously I am late to the party, but in the end I got two games at over 100 hours each and didn't have a single freeze, glitch or bug happen that I can honestly think of. I heard Valhalla was a mess at the start but if all the content is out, its the game now working as well as Origins and Odyssey?

I think that was misinformation. In my 118 hours through the base game and DLC, I only encountered one bug, and it was patched. Never had and freezing or anything like that. The only bugs I am aware of are with the trophy auto-pop, but they seemed like you can mitigate it with well-placed saves if you are interested in that.

I think they mentioned additional DLC for the game since we are not getting another AC game this year, but I am not sure about that what that entails.

• Like 2

whole other year to go. But hopefully another team is starting during Year 2, and most of 2023 to bring us a new AC with another new engine and preferably some more forced stealth missions by fall 2023... id say samurai and japan but theres too many games of that nature now, Nioh, Nioh 2, Ghost of Tsushima to name a few. AC needs to go somewhere else.

But for now year 2 is upon us

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

whole other year to go. But hopefully another team is starting during Year 2, and most of 2023 to bring us a new AC with another new engine and preferably some more forced stealth missions by fall 2023... id say samurai and japan but theres too many games of that nature now, Nioh, Nioh 2, Ghost of Tsushima to name a few. AC needs to go somewhere else.

But for now year 2 is upon us

I thought the new idea behind future AC games is to build one game or world and then just release updates for it? Someone I work with mentioned it the other week. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I already think this game has enough DLC. Ubisoft is going full on live service with the crap they're pulling, considering they will be releasing more content next year. If you are required to buy another season pass to access that future content, I'm officially done with this franchise.

• Like 1

Gotta say, the amount of content in the game and the added material with regular updates is admirable. It is a large ass game and they continue to support it which is nice. I do want to be done with it from my trophy bias, but man, year 2 is coming too. Will continue to keep tabs on the game.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Two new trophies have just synced to PSN under the heading 'Tombs of the Fallen'.

So in answer to this thread...no.

More mastery challenge bullshit probably. Have they learned nothing? More cases than not lately free DLC means it's either broken or a major pain in the ass.

22 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Actually it's to complete one tomb then all three tombs. Hopefully easy!

Please ? little tiny baby Jesus, no time trials.

Edit: PS4 version trophies just got uploaded on here.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

Wow Thanks for the info about a 2nd wave of DLC. I was planning on getting it this month as I thought the game was finally complete. I will wait another year till the game has no more DLC and cost 20 euros or less. They are really so stupid, I could have bought their crap 79.99 euros day 1 if there was no DLC but they wanna be greedy so f. them.

1 hour ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Wow Thanks for the info about a 2nd wave of DLC. I was planning on getting it this month as I thought the game was finally complete. I will wait another year till the game has no more DLC and cost 20 euros or less. They are really so stupid, I could have bought their crap 79.99 euros day 1 if there was no DLC but they wanna be greedy so f. them.

There is planned second year DLC for this game coming in 2022. Just to let you know.

13 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

There is planned second year DLC for this game coming in 2022. Just to let you know.

As soon as you mentioned that, a new DLC appeared it seems ?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11736-assassins-creed-valhalla#DLC-4

Another challenge mode it seems....gods have mercy.

EDIT: Only now I saw that you guys were already discussing about this...my bad. I am late to the party.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3