Trophy Thoughts?

Lightsp33d1987

YIKES

I have probably sunk more hours into Diablo 2 in my lifetime than any other game, and unless they've rebalanced something, this trophy list is completely ludicrous. Level 99 on hardcore is simply untenable; either you play online and get ganked by a random mob of lightning-enchanted, explode-on-death monsters, or you play offline and spend thousands of hours (and maybe still get ganked).

Everything else is pseudo-reasonable, even the "get a Stone of Jordan" trophy as I assume co-op will still allow item trading. But hardcore was a disaster game mode in the 2000's, and if this truly is the same game as before, I'm out.

• Like 3

Just now, Arctic Cress said:

Good luck to anyone who tries for this one, definitely looks like it will be an ultra rare platinum

I always hoped for a "resurrected" treatment for Diablo 1 too, but after this trophy list I seriously hope they never do it ??

1 minute ago, Deluziion90 said:

Just on the side line to check out the comments on here. I've played my fair share of D2 but this list is just a big troll

IF you can play offline in hardcore and the 99 normal and 99 hardcore stack, it becomes doable

still impossibly long, but at least doable

• Like 1

Maybe there is a New Game+ kinda thing after you finish the Story that would make the XP gain more reasonable for Level 99?

There must be a trick to all this.

I doubt that the Developers would want to make the List extra hard just to fuck with Achievement hunters. 

Tho those Devs do exist in other games haha

2 minutes ago, Pendaemonium said:

Maybe there is a New Game+ kinda thing after you finish the Story that would make the XP gain more reasonable for Level 99?

I doubt that the Developers would want to make the List extra hard just to fuck with Achievement hunters. 

I don't know if you have ever played diablo 2 or 3, but "ng+" is a built in feature.

Every time you reach the end of the game you can start at an higher difficulty level.

Reaching 99 is still absolute madness.

1 minute ago, Pendaemonium said:

There is new game plus, it's called hard/hell/ difficulty. When you get to level 90 the levels become insanely slow. 
Going from 98 to 99 is the same as going from 1 - 98. Going from 98 to 99 is like 40,000 Ball kills with 1 player in offline mode. 
If you do it on pc you can toggle 8 player mode and it's like 3500 kills, which takes around 212 hours doing a 1minute 18 second run. But you can't toggle 8 player mode on consoles.

• Like 1

I had a level 80 Hardcore Barbarian back in the day and that took me a massive amount of time just to get there.

If there is no experience tweaking from the original game, this is a Platinum on par with Super Meat Boy and Wolfenstein.

I'm sure there will be players who will get this eventually, but it honestly won't be me with how it looks to be currently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadvember said:

There is new game plus, it's called hard/hell/ difficulty. When you get to level 90 the levels become insanely slow. 
Going from 98 to 99 is the same as going from 1 - 98. Going from 98 to 99 is like 40,000 Ball kills with 1 player in offline mode. 
If you do it on pc you can toggle 8 player mode and it's like 3500 kills, which takes around 212 hours doing a 1minute 18 second run. But you can't toggle 8 player mode on consoles.

When you put it like that... I'm seriously considering not getting it now.

40k Baal runs for an offline hardcore savescum character are not worth the platinum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doom said:

When you put it like that... I'm seriously considering not getting it now.

40k Baal runs for an offline hardcore savescum character are not worth the platinum.

The only thing that could "help" is if Blizzard did events like XP Weekends or something to that effect.  But even then, it's probably not going to help with the grind that much.

Just now, MagusCreed said:

The only thing that could "help" is if Blizzard did events like XP Weekends or something to that effect.  But even then, it's probably not going to help with the grind that much.

For me the issue is that I only play a single game at a time until I get the platinum.

I'm a bit stupid like that.

It would still require to only play this game for an unfathomable amount of time and this trophy list would probably break me and make me stop trophy hunting altogether

• Like 3

Was considering getting this - after all, I've only played homages/ripoffs like Darksiders Genesis and Victor Vran, and I thought it'd be nice to experience the "source material" as it were. But now? HELLLLLL no. I'm not spending several months to a year of my life on one video game, grinding out experience until I'm a hollow gray shell of myself for a damn trophy. I thought Gran Turismo 5 requiring 600 hours for the plat was ludicrous, but somehow ActiBliz made that look tame by comparison. Holy shit.

• Like 1