Trophy Thoughts?

Lightsp33d1987

Do we have confirmation yet that XP gains and level scales are still the same as diablo 2 now? From my recollection they would tweak this all the time over the years (especially when ladder was added). So maybe it's possible they've changed the grind to level 99 to be far less?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNight_Man said:

This is actually the most ridiculous trophy list I've ever seen. This game ruined my teenage years and my highest was a level 94. 

couldn't agree more about the trophy list. Seriously regretting my pre order now, i knew the list would be tough but that list is just insane.

• Like 4

I’ve only ever played Diablo 3 in the series and enjoyed it a bunch, so I was fairly excited to hear about this remake, but this trophy list looks garbage and as if it were purposely made to make you hate your life and waste your time. 

Based on what some of you vets are saying about the old leveling system, if they haven’t changed anything in regards to xp gain this is probably going to be a pass for me. I suppose this is a lowkey way of Blizzard getting back at gamers for the backlash received from their mobile game announcement. Hats off to anyone who gets this platinum.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:
1 hour ago, YungSmile said:

It expects you to plat both ps4 and ps5… you ready????

You think I'm scared? 

Honestly, when you put it that way, it sounds a bit pretentious.

Good luck, anyway.

Edited by Konrave
  • Like 1

I played a little Diablo 2 casually back in the day as I had some friends who were really hardcore fans of the game, but from what I remember, I never got anywhere even close to level 99 or experienced any of the end game/hardcore mode stuff that my friends were into. As such, I don’t have much context for the time/effort most these trophies actually entail… But still, one quick skim through the list tells me this one looks insanely grindy. Almost sadistically so.?

Hopefully it’s not actually as bad as it looks on paper, but this definitely dampens my excitement for D2 a little bit. I was really hoping that trophy wise it would be similar to Diablo 3 with a little touch of nostalgia on top. But if this ends up being hundreds of hours of tedious grinding I will probably skip it.

Edited by dieselmanchild

On the one hand, finally a trophy list that requires some commitment, those are pretty rare these days.

On the other hand, what an absurd list. It almost feels like it's mocking my previous comment; "you want hard tedious huh? How's this" lmao. It's like the opposite end of the spectrum. Trash names too, filled with BS pop culture references.

I commend those who go for it.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Can I start this game without playing the other ones?

Yes, all 3 games are basically the same. The devil wants to take over the world, you go fight the demons of hell and kill everything. Pretty much sums it up, diablo is not a story based game it's a loot based game that's a tonne of fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Can I start this game without playing the other ones?

Visiting an area early in D2 won't have as much of an impact if you haven't played D1, but it looks like there are a number of Diablo 1 youtube summary videos of various lengths depending how in-depth you want to go.

The cliff notes version of D1 is:

Spoiler

Long ago the Demon Lord Diablo had been trapped in a soulstone and placed for safe keeping in the depths of a monastery in the town of Tristram. Diablo eventually became strong enough to enter the dreams of a human and convince them to release him by breaking the soulstone. The hero of the first game fought to the bottom of the labyrinth below the monastery to kill Diablo. Upon striking the killing blow, the demon transformed back into a man. Diablo had used a soulstone shard to possess and corrupt a human in order to be made flesh in the mortal realm. To try and contain the evil, the hero plunged Diablo's soulstone shard into their forehead. As the Dark Wanderer, the hero's sheer force of will keeps Diablo from escaping the damaged soulstone as they wander the land.

Edited by Guardian_owl