Trophy Thoughts?

Lightsp33d1987

11 minutes ago, BIackgate said:

Someone already has the level 99 trophy. Either the exp requirements have changed or shenanigans are afoot.

I believe you can import saves from the original, then use the import feature. It should be possible to import a 99 character on PC and load it up on PS5, but I'm not 100% sure atm.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

6 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I believe you can import saves from the original, then use the import feature. It should be possible to import a 99 character on PC and load it up on PS5, but I'm not 100% sure atm.

Ah that makes sense. I wonder why the 99 HC trophy hasn't been popped then. Surely someone has bothered to do that on PC before!

15 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

This feature is going to be the reason the platinum won't be as rare as people think.  It will be flooded with people using hero editors (no different from using a save editor or cheating with someone else's save file) and importing into the console version but everyone will get away with it because they can just hide behind the "well there is no way to know if I did it legit or not" reasoning.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elegy said:

This feature is going to be the reason the platinum won't be as rare as people think.  It will be flooded with people using hero editors (no different from using a save editor or cheating with someone else's save file) and importing into the console version but everyone will get away with it because they can just hide behind the "well there is no way to know if I did it legit or not" reasoning.

Just insanely stupid that you can import hacked characters into ps5 to pop trophies.  They've really just messed this trophy list up every way possible.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Elegy said:

Unless I’m missing something, this isn’t possible. You can’t import an offline character from PC to PS5.

Edited by NathanielJohn

30 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Unless I’m missing something, this isn’t possible. You can’t import an offline character from PC to PS5.

I don't own the game on console so I am still unsure what the exact parameters are for character imports on the PS4/PS5 version.  If it is true that you can import from PC then it will be like I said.  As far as I am aware, you cannot import from closed Battle.net from the old version of Diablo 2.  If people already have the level 99 trophy on either version then it could have only been done via an import of some kind or save editing on PS4 and importing that into the PS5 version.  If you can't do proper imports from the PC version then at least people can be legitimately flagged for having level 99 already since they would have had to use a save editor on PS4 otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Elegy said:

I don't own the game on console so I am still unsure what the exact parameters are for character imports on the PS4/PS5 version.  If it is true that you can import from PC then it will be like I said.  As far as I am aware, you cannot import from closed Battle.net from the old version of Diablo 2.  If people already have the level 99 trophy on either version then it could have only been done via an import of some kind or save editing on PS4 and importing that into the PS5 version.  If you can't do proper imports from the PC version then at least people can be legitimately flagged for having level 99 already since they would have had to use a save editor on PS4 otherwise.

I do have the game (both PS4 and PS5) and this is backwards. There is no import option for offline characters. The only way to import a character is through closed battle.net. I don’t know if you can import from the OLD closed battle.net, but either way you can’t import an edited character.

Who has the level 99 trophy? No one is showing up on PSNP for me, and the 0.1% on PSN could be devs or something testing stuff out.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, IXander9 said:

Since I’ve gotten the Plat on Diablo 3 twice I might as well go for this one too. The list over all looks pretty good. Nothing says I have to do it quick so I’ll just enjoy playing it from time to time. 

Im considering doing the same. Other than the 99 hardcore, the rest looks fair. 

So i'll probably just play the game with my brother, have fun, and enjoy the game. Then, if i want, later, i can go for the grind. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elegy said:

5 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

I do have the game (both PS4 and PS5) and this is backwards. There is no import option for offline characters. The only way to import a character is through closed battle.net. I don’t know if you can import from the OLD closed battle.net, but either way you can’t import an edited character.

Who has the level 99 trophy? No one is showing up on PSNP for me, and the 0.1% on PSN could be devs or something testing stuff out.

I don't own the game on any platform right now so i can't back up what i'm about to say.

I'm 99% sure i read somewhere that they allow importing save files from the original D2 into resurrected. But they also said that a lot of people cheated back in the days and to prevent them from flooding battle.net with hacked characters they can only be imported as offline characters (unable to be played in MP). And since cross progression works by linking your battle.net account and syncing your online characters (?), I assume you can't import hacked legacy saves into PS4/5.

But if someone finds a way to hack online characters on PC by editing save files or whatever, say goodbye to an ultra rare plat :D