Trophy Thoughts?

Lightsp33d1987

23 hours ago, Doom said:

You aware that this game is 20 years old right?

Most of us here already played the shit out of it time and time again.

This was just an occasion to get a nice platinum for a beloved game.

I am aware of how old the game is, D2 is a classic and is super hard. It should be an insanely challenging plat. It is good they have a level 99 hardcore trophy because if they didn't the plat would be a 5/10 as opposed to 8-9/10. It will be able to separate the ppl who like baby no skill platinums or casuals and die hard D2 fans.

Skill based trophies are nice to see. It is refreshing, unlike what sony is doing with all their exclusives, no skill for them anymore since 2018.

It'll be nice to see strats ppl come up with on console and how teams group to farm Baal on Hell difficulty. ?

I think that both level 99 trophies can be achieved with a hardcore character, or better said: I think that both level 99 trophies stack.

Completing the game with each class on hell difficulty is actually easier then some people think: You only need to complete the game on hell, which means: Finish act 5 on hell difficulty. Nothing is written about how this has to be done, no level requirement etc.

==> So everybody should be able to get a low level character carried through the game from normal act 1 to hell act 5, if he has an other player ready to help with an good equipped character or an alt account.

.. Players which played D2 and LOD on PC should understand what I mean.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Hell difficulty is essentially NG++. To complete the game on Hell difficulty with all 8 character classes, you will have to play through the game 24 times -- 8 on each difficulty.

Wat?

Did these people think they made the best game of all time or something? Wtf!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

*Snip*

The only real hard piece of work is level 99 HC.

My guess is that this is either done while getting carried or offline solo, with usage of savegame backups.

Lags can getting you killed easily.

Edited by Geridian

5 hours ago, Geridian said:

The only real hard piece of work is level 99 HC.

My guess is that this is either done while getting carried or offline solo, with usage of savegame backups.

Lags can getting you killed easily.

My plan for the lvl99 hc will be offline. My only hope is that they add the playersx command to consoles. I just refuse to risk losing a hc character to server issues. 

On 24.9.2021 at 0:39 PM, Komrade_Dusty said:

I wasn't too shocked by the list after the Diablo 3 trophy list. This one's going to be a hard pass for me. Not even going to try it out. I gave up on platting Diablo 3 and have no intention of even trying at this one.

You should Not do it. D3 is a 30-35 hour platinum. D2R easily 1000 hours. 

On 24.9.2021 at 11:51 PM, Kal-El457 said:

I am aware of how old the game is, D2 is a classic and is super hard. It should be an insanely challenging plat. It is good they have a level 99 hardcore trophy because if they didn't the plat would be a 5/10 as opposed to 8-9/10. It will be able to separate the ppl who like baby no skill platinums or casuals and die hard D2 fans.

Skill based trophies are nice to see. It is refreshing, unlike what sony is doing with all their exclusives, no skill for them anymore since 2018.

It'll be nice to see strats ppl come up with on console and how teams group to farm Baal on Hell difficulty. 1f606.png

I will do this. I hoped that this masterpiece will get a hard platinum. It will take some time....maybe 2 years but who cares. Just enjoy it :)

Not one to complain about trophy lists but goddamn does this seem awful. I'm all for challenging lists but can't stand mindless grinding as I appreciate my limited gaming time. Diablo 2 doesnt seem to hold up well even with all the enhancements so this was a skip for me regardless but hats off to all yall going for plat. 

29 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Interesting.. Hovering over the 99 HC character trophy shows that someone on PSN already has it on the PS5 edition.

I wonder how.

Nah it's probably devs that tested something and unlocked it on some account that doesn't show here, it happens quite often I think? I checked quite early after the release and it already said 0.1%. Some trophies that have always been unobtainable have the same 0.1% showing like Master Chef, unless that's a hacker or something. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

you can also die in a loading screen between level transitions.

I've noticed. Unfortunately you're not entirely risk free but offline you can back up your saves to try and mitigate deaths. Only probably being that single player exp is awful. Which is why I hope the playersx command is brought in. And I want to say the best exp farming spot is chaos sanctuary which won't have load screens. Throne of destruction can screw you over with the area transition though. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PatrickEsteban said:

Wasn't it a lot easier to reach level 99 in classic compared to LoD? Might be worth a try.

Holy crap, you're right. This might be "just" a 300-400 hour platinum instead of a 1500-hour platinum. Apparently you can run the cow level and get from level 98 to 99 in just 40 hours or so in pre-LoD patches.

What's the best hardcore build for pre-LoD? WW Barb? I seem to recall that summonmancer is atrocious on higher difficulties in pre-LoD patches.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Holy crap, you're right. This might be "just" a 300-400 hour platinum instead of a 1500-hour platinum. Apparently you can run the cow level and get from level 98 to 99 in just 40 hours or so in pre-LoD patches.

What's the best hardcore build for pre-LoD? WW Barb? I seem to recall that summonmancer is atrocious on higher difficulties in pre-LoD patches.

Yeah I was thinking WW barb as well or a Javazon for chaos/cow runs.

• Like 1