Trophy Thoughts?

Lightsp33d1987

5 hours ago, PatrickEsteban said:

Wasn't it a lot easier to reach level 99 in classic compared to LoD? Might be worth a try.

4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Holy crap, you're right. This might be "just" a 300-400 hour platinum instead of a 1500-hour platinum. Apparently you can run the cow level and get from level 98 to 99 in just 40 hours or so in pre-LoD patches.

What's the best hardcore build for pre-LoD? WW Barb? I seem to recall that summonmancer is atrocious on higher difficulties in pre-LoD patches.

I think this is only the case for 1.09 patch and earlier. Current patches for classic are ABSURD for 99 times. Like... 30,000+ runs.

There are currently 0 level 99s in Classic D2, even running b0ts, takes too long.  

Do we know what patch Classic is being run off of in D2R ? 

I'm hoping, praying even (not really), that they add /players to SP for this hardcore trophy. Currently working on a HC char on PC as a back-up, if I ever get to 98 with it I'll just hop on PS for the final 'ding'. Although, I'd much rather run it in solo to have a back-up just in case.

Wondering if there is a way to port over PC save files to the PS4/5, would make this trophy easier to obtain as we can use the /players command on current D2 LoD. Although, this would open up the trophy to Hero Editor cheaters and such. 

• Like 1

I've found at least one example of a player who chose hardcore mode for his very first run (as evidenced by time stamps). Both trophies for max level show the same progression (33/99).

I think this demonstrates that they are actually stackable. Therefore only one level 99 character (the hardcore one) is required for the platinum.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

10 hours ago, intec-_- said:

I think this is only the case for 1.09 patch and earlier. Current patches for classic are ABSURD for 99 times. Like... 30,000+ runs.

There are currently 0 level 99s in Classic D2, even running b0ts, takes too long.  

Do we know what patch Classic is being run off of in D2R ? 

I'm hoping, praying even (not really), that they add /players to SP for this hardcore trophy. Currently working on a HC char on PC as a back-up, if I ever get to 98 with it I'll just hop on PS for the final 'ding'. Although, I'd much rather run it in solo to have a back-up just in case.

Wondering if there is a way to port over PC save files to the PS4/5, would make this trophy easier to obtain as we can use the /players command on current D2 LoD. Although, this would open up the trophy to Hero Editor cheaters and such. 

Same here, late game leveling/MFing without the /players x - command feels awful.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:32 AM, CelestialRequiem said:

Excellent list. 

Finally, a game that expects something from its players. 

I can't say if it's excellent list or not since I have only played D3, but I can agree with you on your second thought. In fact, it's a refreshing opinion.

From what I understand, D2 had a pretty hardcore fanbase so I just assume this trophy list is for them, not for someone that plans to play the game for a platinum and move on. Who knows, there could be XP exploits down the road. At the very least, the game looks like you can just sit down with a beer and play vs. looking at a guide on your laptop.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 2:06 PM, Joepelus said:

Why does "it" expect you to plat both?

I was kinda joking around tbh but if somebody can plat both then they’re goated

On 9/23/2021 at 2:31 PM, Konrave said:

Honestly, when you put it that way, it sounds a bit pretentious.

Good luck, anyway.

It’s going to be hard grindy one man but whoever can do both is goated In my opinion 

• Like 1

yeah it's gunna be grindy. but tbh I don't think it's going to be all that bad, backing up saves will make it fly by.

so for Baal runs. this is assuming you have player x command, set to 3 players, since Baal doesn't give more xp past 3 players.

edit: players 3 = 200% xp

L 90-91 = 20 runs

L 91-92 = 30

L 92-93 = 45

L 93-94 = 60

L 95 = 110

L 96 = 210

L 97 = 450

L 98 = 1100

L 99 = 3500

By level 95-96 and a good build, well geared it will take between 2.5 and 3.5 mins for 1 baal run. If your a hammerdin or a class that does magic damage the second wave of enemies at baal will be immune to you so you have to master pulling them far enough away to deal with the boss.

as for chaos sanctuary it's capped at 7 players. 98 - 99 takes 5196 chaos runs at around 1min 30 - 50 seconds (build depending) i remember seeing somewhere on youtube, it takes 144 hrs for chaos sanctuary at 7 players and about 200 running baal at 3 players.

you get 55k xp for 1 chaos sanc run, and 86k xp for 1 baal run. Apparently killing the Cow King doesn't prevent you from re-entering the Cow level so with backups that might be more lucrative. I need to find out more about it.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

yeah it's gunna be grindy. but tbh I don't think it's going to be all that bad, backing up saves will make it fly by.

so for Baal runs. this is assuming you have player x command, set to 3 players, since Baal doesn't give more xp past 3 players.

edit: players 3 = 200% xp

L 90-91 = 20 runs

L 91-92 = 30

L 92-93 = 45

L 93-94 = 60

L 95 = 110

L 96 = 210

L 97 = 450

L 98 = 1100

L 99 = 3500

By level 95-96 and a good build, well geared it will take between 2.5 and 3.5 mins for 1 baal run. If your a hammerdin or a class that does magic damage the second wave of enemies at baal will be immune to you so you have to master pulling them far enough away to deal with the boss.

as for chaos sanctuary it's capped at 7 players. 98 - 99 takes 5196 chaos runs at around 1min 30 - 50 seconds (build depending) i remember seeing somewhere on youtube, it takes 144 hrs for chaos sanctuary at 7 players and about 200 running baal at 3 players.

you get 55k xp for 1 chaos sanc run, and 86k xp for 1 baal run. Apparently killing the Cow King doesn't prevent you from re-entering the Cow level so with backups that might be more lucrative. I need to find out more about it.

Thanks for effort and search. We will see if they add that command /players X to D2R. I would also like to platinum it aswell, but man i didnt expect THIS kind of grind. Its one of beloved ones and first multiplayer game online for me, so lots of sentiment. Graphics are amazing for someone, who was occasionally playing it for years after initial launch.

4 minutes ago, Broxym said:

Thanks for effort and search. We will see if they add that command /players X to D2R. I would also like to platinum it aswell, but man i didnt expect THIS kind of grind. Its one of beloved ones and first multiplayer game online for me, so lots of sentiment. Graphics are amazing for someone, who was occasionally playing it for years after initial launch.

no worries. hey do you know if individual characters have individual save files? could you send a rune to shared stash, then another char, hold on to it and save scum a duplicate?

9 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

no worries. hey do you know if individual characters have individual save files? could you send a rune to shared stash, then another char, hold on to it and save scum a duplicate?

Absolutely no idea. Currently playing without any shenanigans ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

You can on PS4, but not on PS5. You can’t upload and backup or redos load just an individual file on PS5–only all save files for a whole game.

4 hours ago, willmill97 said:

So 2,000 hours for this plat? I love a grindy game but sheesh.

Yeah it could be much longer i think as there is no /player command on consoles. Unless you will play hardcore online and grind on pc to 98 and not die,and then hit final level on console.

Also the game itself is no joke. Hell difficulty is really tough and you will meet mobs you just can't kill with your character (immunities) and you will have to grind for gear and runes for hours. Ofcourse if you make sorc and just tele to farming spots (like killing meph over and over)

Thing is on PC you have lobbies and can easily talk and trade with ppl wich can cut grind for specific gear by A LOT. On consoles you cannot so you have to hope something will drop for you. Even then,some things you may want have such insane low drop rate that you can play months daily and never see it. On pc with HUGE trading communites it was never that big of a deal to get what you want or even be carried.. And if you are planning to play HC solo and farm everything by yourself to be able to get good gear and farm quickly those baalruns then man...that is thousands of hours. Really.

Also be aware that even being able to get to uber tristram and kill all uber bosses and get SoH will take a lot of farming.

Like someone mentioned,smiter is good build to take them,best in the game even for single target but you will need BiS gear for it.

So i think most effective way for plat would be to:
-start sorc on hc (SP to be able to back up) and play it to nightmare meph
-then farm him for gear for yourself for MF( couple houndred runs should do) and get gear for pally to get him through nm and hell
-then level up pally as hammeredin to like 90 (do not even think of making smiter to play the game that way-it works good only on bosses)
-then tele your way with sorc quickly through rest of nightmare and hell to farm high level areas without immunities to your build (PIts,LK,Cows,Chaos Sancturay) on hell over and over until you get runes for enigma (this can take couple of days if you are luckiest bastard in the world,or couple of months of farming if your average,or never:P)
-then make enigma for pally and with smiter build tele your way to baal and kill him and his minions 5525 times( assuming they add player command to consoles) if not,multiplay that by 3x.

-then farm keys to get to uber tristram and kill those guys for SoH

That should be most effective roadmap to plat but it takes that you know the game and it's mechanics very well,

Edited by yoszek
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, yoszek said:

Yeah it could be much longer i think as there is no /player command on consoles. Unless you will play hardcore online and grind on pc to 98 and not die,and then hit final level on console.

Also the game itself is no joke. Hell difficulty is really tough and you will meet mobs you just can't kill with your character (immunities) and you will have to grind for gear and runes for hours. Ofcourse if you make sorc and just tele to farming spots (like killing meph over and over)

Thing is on PC you have lobbies and can easily talk and trade with ppl wich can cut grind for specific gear by A LOT. On consoles you cannot so you have to hope something will drop for you. Even then,some things you may want have such insane low drop rate that you can play months daily and never see it. On pc with HUGE trading communites it was never that big of a deal to get what you want or even be carried.. And if you are planning to play HC solo and farm everything by yourself to be able to get good gear and farm quickly those baalruns then man...that is thousands of hours. Really.

Also be aware that even being able to get to uber tristram and kill all uber bosses and get SoH will take a lot of farming.

Like someone mentioned,smiter is good build to take them,best in the game even for single target but you will need BiS gear for it.

So i think most effective way for plat would be to:
-start sorc on hc (SP to be able to back up) and play it to nightmare meph
-then farm him for gear for yourself for MF( couple houndred runs should do) and get gear for pally to get him through nm and hell
-then level up pally as hammeredin to like 90 (do not even think of making smiter to play the game that way-it works good only on bosses)
-then tele your way with sorc quickly through rest of nightmare and hell to farm high level areas without immunities to your build (PIts,LK,Cows,Chaos Sancturay) on hell over and over until you get runes for enigma (this can take couple of days if you are luckiest bastard in the world,or couple of months of farming if your average,or never:P)
-then make enigma for pally and with smiter build tele your way to baal and kill him and his minions 5525 times( assuming they add player command to consoles) if not,multiplay that by 3x.

-then farm keys to get to get to uber tristram and kill those guys for SoH

That should be most effective roadmap to plat but it takes that you know the game and it's mechanics very well,

Sounds about right, well said. 

Utilizing PC cross-progression & public baals games is def the way to go if you want to cut down on time. That being said, if you die, you start over, since no back-up. 

Without knowing if Blizz will add /players, I am going the online route and MAY go for 99. Got a HC char, summon Necro, to 72, doing Hell Baal runs now, but damn will it be a long road. Will switch to Ps4 before 99 if I ever get there. Using a console for this trophy is simply too much with the current restrictions. I will be amazed if anyone gets this if no patches come through with additional end-game or fixes to /player command. 

11 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

You can on PS4, but not on PS5. You can’t upload and backup or redos load just an individual file on PS5–only all save files for a whole game.

so to dupe you would need to put items in shared stash, send them to a solo character, back up save, put them back in shared stash, give them to a friend in mp game to hold onto, load back up rinse repeat. if you can do that atleast, it would mean you could buy some heavy duty items after just 2 weeks of farming.

so to dupe you would need to put items in shared stash, send them to a solo character, back up save, put them back in shared stash, give them to a friend in mp game to hold onto, load back up rinse repeat. if you can do that atleast, it would mean you could buy some heavy duty items after just 2 weeks of farming.

Even if you do that who are you going to trade with? There is no in-game chat and multiplayer is already dead (or server issues prevent anyone from joining).  This is a faithful remaster in the sense that this game has the features (or lack there of) of a game made 20 years ago.

You can’t mix and match solo and MP. All characters and stashes and everything are separate in those two systems.

• Like 2

On 2021-09-23 at 11:41 AM, JunkSkelington said:

I would have been okay with a lvl 99 trophy for standard but for hardcore it's just stupid.  They could have gone with 90 and it would still be a huge grind/challenging/risky without mind numbing frustration for one mistake after hundreds of hours.

I have the platinum in Path of Exile but PoE was grinding strength for your character to complete difficult bosses/encounters.  D2 is literally just running the same thing over and over for a tiny amount of exp.  It's not a challenge, it's boring and pointless, and if you run into an insta-kill mob on one of your 4000+ baal runs this is without a doubt controller smashing scenario.

Lmao perfectly stated 

23 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

L 90-91 = 20 runs

L 91-92 = 30

L 92-93 = 45

L 93-94 = 60

L 95 = 110

L 96 = 210

L 97 = 450

L 98 = 1100

L 99 = 3500

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 3500 Baal runs for lv. 98 --> 99 are required at 450% XP, not 200% as far as I know. As for 3 players, the cap applies to Baal itself, but not to its minions right? Which are a big part in why Baal runs are so good for leveling. 

In any case... Be it with 3 or 8 players, 3500 Baal runs is roughly 200-230 hours of Baal runs for the last level at 450% XP. Without \players command, i.e. in the current state of the game on PS, we are talking about roughly 900-1000 hours of Baal runs for the last level only.

Getting from level 97 to 98, by the same logic, already takes 350+ hours. 

I truly don't believe that anyone will endure that. If nothing changes, the only players getting this plat will be those grinding on PC with bots and transferring their char to PS. 

I actually do think "it's going to be that bad" ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

I will probably attempt HC 99 once the first ladder starts. Playing mainly on PC and if I make it close to 99 I switch to console. That’s a kinda big *if* though. In case I don’t die it probably will be after the chat gets converted to non ladder. Won‘t try to rush it.

for now I have a Sorc at lvl 90.1 without doing a single Baal run. It’s easy to level solo until 92/93, but then it’s getting tough without xp bonus.

3 hours ago, Cabble- said:

I will probably attempt HC 99 once the first ladder starts. Playing mainly on PC and if I make it close to 99 I switch to console. That’s a kinda big *if* though. In case I don’t die it probably will be after the chat gets converted to non ladder. Won‘t try to rush it.

for now I have a Sorc at lvl 90.1 without doing a single Baal run. It’s easy to level solo until 92/93, but then it’s getting tough without xp bonus.

Where do you normally level your Sorc? I'd like to try the same area as I don't have access to Baal runs yet

On 9/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, pathtoninja said:

I can't say if it's excellent list or not since I have only played D3, but I can agree with you on your second thought. In fact, it's a refreshing opinion.

From what I understand, D2 had a pretty hardcore fanbase so I just assume this trophy list is for them, not for someone that plans to play the game for a platinum and move on. Who knows, there could be XP exploits down the road. At the very least, the game looks like you can just sit down with a beer and play vs. looking at a guide on your laptop.

I am a fan. The list is clearly NOT for me. Even back in the days when I only played starcrat and D2. I didn't complete all characters. Not to mention completing it on HC and 99 level? No the list is for only one crazy person on the planet. We will see who that one is... ?

Activision didn't care for console players over the years anyway. This is just some random job thrown at someone on the team, and s/he just decide to make the trophy list a nightmare for fans.

There is no way I'm playing it. I've been hyped about it for a while. And No I do not have 10000 hrs like I used to when I was teenage. I only want to platinum the game to make a tribute to my memories. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, YokA_sun said:

I only want to platinum the game to make a tribute to my memories. 

I felt the same. 

I guess i'll just do as many trophies as i can, and leave the MEGA grindy ones behind. It's all good. Im NOT spending 2000+ hours on a hardcore, just to die right before the end :D not for me. But i think it's badass, and it's cool that they made this list. Now the plat will be a true challenge and only real fans (and mad men), will get it. 

We have WAAAAY to many ezpz plats floating around, and this game deserves a hard one <3 

19 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

this game deserves a hard one <3 

Understatement of the year.... rofl

Unless an exploit is found, additional end-game content is added, or bots are made public (any your willing to cheat for it), only a few people will ever get the Plat.

Back on classic, I used to run a few MF Bots, after months of MFing for 12+ hours a day only a few ever chars hit 99, and this was on Softcore where deaths occurred.

That being said, there are people who have gotten 99 legit in LoD in a few weeks (13 days was the record I believe?) running 24/7 with a full squad of helpers grabbing Exp Shrines and setting up Chaos and clearing the first 3 Baal waves. This will only be relevant if the PC version does in fact translate over to Console for the last 'ding' for 99. Additionally, the risk is greater as this will have to be done on HC, where most of these 'First to 99' runs are done on SC since instant deaths occur in WSK & throne room all the time from Souls. 

I will be very impressed when someone gets this trophy, will likely be a few months! 

2 minutes ago, intec-_- said:

Understatement of the year.... rofl

Unless an exploit is found, additional end-game content is added, or bots are made public (any your willing to cheat for it), only a few people will ever get the Plat.

Back on classic, I used to run a few MF Bots, after months of MFing for 12+ hours a day only a few ever chars hit 99, and this was on Softcore where deaths occurred.

That being said, there are people who have gotten 99 legit in LoD in a few weeks (13 days was the record I believe?) running 24/7 with a full squad of helpers grabbing Exp Shrines and setting up Chaos and clearing the first 3 Baal waves. This will only be relevant if the PC version does in fact translate over to Console for the last 'ding' for 99. Additionally, the risk is greater as this will have to be done on HC, where most of these 'First to 99' runs are done on SC since instant deaths occur in WSK & throne room all the time from Souls. 

I will be very impressed when someone gets this trophy, will likely be a few months! 

I agree this list kinda "sucks" for trophy hunters. Since it's basically unobtainable if you wanna play anything else in your life :D 

But i like that there are games only a few will platinum. The pure dedication and madness required to platinum this, jesus :D