Lightsp33d1987

Trophy Thoughts?

264 posts in this topic

Or maybe you could do a couple of Baal runs everyday, like maybe 2 runs, and then play whatever you want afterwards, committing to the fact that it'll take years to get the platinum.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TimeKeeper60 said:

Or maybe you could do a couple of Baal runs everyday, like maybe 2 runs, and then play whatever you want afterwards, committing to the fact that it'll take years to get the platinum.

 

Judging from the numbers above, it would take 5 years just to get from 98 to 99 using that strategy, playing every single day. ūüėā

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

 

Judging from the numbers above, it would take 5 years just to get from 98 to 99 using that strategy, playing every single day. 1f602.png

Like I said, you'd have to commit to the fact that it would take years to get the platinum, but at least this way it wouldn't feel like a chore or a job. Just do a couple of quick runs, maybe some extra if you have free time, and then play whatever you want afterwards.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TimeKeeper60 said:

Like I said, you'd have to commit to the fact that it would take years to get the platinum, but at least this way it wouldn't feel like a chore or a job. Just do a couple of quick runs, maybe some extra if you have free time, and then play whatever you want afterwards.

 

I mean yeah, having to do the same thing every single day for 5 years straight definitely wouldn't feel like a job.

 

Don't take my comments seriously though, this is just tongue in cheek. ūüėČ I did get your point and this could be a valid strategy for some. Only it would require some severe long-term commitment that will prove unrealistic for most people.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2021 at 8:03 AM, Arcesius said:

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 3500 Baal runs for lv. 98 --> 99 are required at 450% XP, not 200% as far as I know. As for 3 players, the cap applies to Baal itself, but not to its minions right? Which are a big part in why Baal runs are so good for leveling. 

 

In any case... Be it with 3 or 8 players, 3500 Baal runs is roughly 200-230 hours of Baal runs for the last level at 450% XP. Without \players command, i.e. in the current state of the game on PS, we are talking about roughly 900-1000 hours of Baal runs for the last level only.

 

Getting from level 97 to 98, by the same logic, already takes 350+ hours. 

 

I truly don't believe that anyone will endure that. If nothing changes, the only players getting this plat will be those grinding on PC with bots and transferring their char to PS. 

 

I actually do think "it's going to be that bad" 1f605.png

those stat numbers are taken from a youtube video running version 1.10 so pretty sure it is 200%. you might be right about the minions etc. but i don't remember anyone in the various videos changing the players during the run but u might be right.

 

for me the problem isn't the grind to 99, that'll go smoothly when u got good gear and backups will ensure that. my problem is the random, endless rng BS trying to find gear good enough, to propel any character through the last 40 levels.

 

not to mention every character you play would have to be solo offline. if you want to be efficient you need to share all the items you've found whilst finishing hell with the other classes, and get the best stuff for your character, no trading severely gimps that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 3:27 AM, Bratinov said:

My Diablo veteran friend says "That's insane! You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

Maybe I'll listen to him.

 

He's right. Perhaps if I was still that enthusiastic 16-year-old who originally got addicted to this game, but now? Ain't nobody got time for that. Heck, even back then, I think my highest level character was a 60 Frenzy Barb.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TimeKeeper60 said:

Like I said, you'd have to commit to the fact that it would take years to get the platinum, but at least this way it wouldn't feel like a chore or a job. Just do a couple of quick runs, maybe some extra if you have free time, and then play whatever you want afterwards.

 

Imagine doing that for 5 years and then shortly before you finally hit 99 you die and everything is lost...

which is the problem with the trophy being for HC 99 ...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sicho said:

 

Imagine doing that for 5 years and then shortly before you finally hit 99 you die and everything is lost...

which is the problem with the trophy being for HC 99 ...

Idk if someone else mentioned it in this thread, but if you backed up your save into a USB or cloud storage, would you be able to reload that save right after you died?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TimeKeeper60 said:

Idk if someone else mentioned it in this thread, but if you backed up your save into a USB or cloud storage, would you be able to reload that save right after you died?


Yes, but the problem is that you then have to play your entire character offline, which means no multiplayer (so way less XP so it takes even longer) and no trading (which basically means you’ll never see optimal endgame gear).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:


Yes, but the problem is that you then have to play your entire character offline, which means no multiplayer (so way less XP so it takes even longer) and no trading (which basically means you’ll never see optimal endgame gear).

 

Oh, I didn't know you get screwed that hard if you play offline. Damn.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2021 at 0:27 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

 

I mean yeah, having to do the same thing every single day for 5 years straight definitely wouldn't feel like a job.

 

Don't take my comments seriously though, this is just tongue in cheek. 1f609.png I did get your point and this could be a valid strategy for some. Only it would require some severe long-term commitment that will prove unrealistic for most people.

So basically when you finally get the platinum Diablo 4 will have been out for 2years already lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2021 at 8:10 PM, TomataEighty9 said:

I guess the 500 bounties we all bitched about in Diablo 3 is kind of a joke now :D:o 

Hahaha....guilty.

For real, these trophies are INSANE compared to those bounties ūüėā

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realize this game had separate list. Started it up on my ps4 since I was doing something else on my ps5 n i popped a trophy. Very unfortunate. Had no intention of even attempting this plat now I'm stuck with 2 trophy list, ugh

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.9.2021 at 0:43 AM, NathanielJohn said:

You can’t mix and match solo and MP. All characters and stashes and everything are separate in those two systems.

This.

- And also the (shared) stash between HC and SC is not shared in online and offline play.

- Classic and normal stash is also not shared.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Argentinian server, many years ago. I know, that trophy sucks a lot cause u need +3000 bh runs + Baal and Nilathak from 98 to 99. 
A tip: if u die, take a exp shrine before get it back ur corpse.

 

Good luck!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

 

Well, now that I'm on the endgame level 99 grind with my HC character, I can finally see how foolish I was here.

 

I'll attempt level 99 if they ever add /players 8 to offline play, but as-is the level 99 HC trophy is borderline unobtainable. Doing a combined Baal + Chaos sanctuary run takes me roughly 8 minutes or so, which is about as fast as realistically possible in singleplayer (I have Enigma and every other end-game goody you could ever hope for). Without /players 8 in the game, I will have to do somewhere around 11000 of these runs to reach level 99 from my current level 84. That means approximately 1500 hours of grinding for that single trophy. Unless someone plays 17 hours per day every day, they are not getting that trophy before Christmas.

 

If they add /players 8 or an exploit is found, this platinum will be worth attempting. /players 8 would decrease the grind time from 1500 hours to 400 hours or so. Playing online would similarly reduce the grind time, except online play is basically dead on console, and you have the extra player meetup time after every single run. Maybe 600 hours of grind online on console if you're able to find a good group of 8 consistent people to play with. Oh, and if you die a single time during those 600 hours (which *will* happen by fluke if you're teleporting around) then you start over from scratch. So you're looking at more like 800+ hours of grind if you play online hardcore carefully enough to make sure you don't ever die.

 

I don't mind playing through 21 times for the different "beat the game on Hell difficulty with all 7 classes" trophies. But an extra 1500 hours of mindless grind on top of the 250 or so hours needed for the other trophies? Nope.

Well said, I agree. I've got two 80+ chars in HC and will not be going towards Plat atm, due to the issues raised above. 

Currently waiting for an update in hopes that things change and makes this possible. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

 

Well, now ....

About enigma,did you do LK chests over and over for runes for it? Or  just got lucky with drops? And how many times did you had to re-dowload you save coz you died on hc?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yoszek said:

About enigma,did you do LK chests over and over for runes for it? Or  just got lucky with drops? And how many times did you had to re-dowload you save coz you died on hc?


I actually found a way to dupe items on PS5, and I used that to get runes. I can post details if people want.

 

Ive probably redownloaded 5 or so times due to HC deaths. 3 from the bugged vipers in the Nihlithak area on hell difficulty, and the rest from unfortunate teleports (landing in the middle of a mob and getting stunlocked).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:


I actually found a way to dupe items on PS5, and I used that to get runes. I can post details if people want.

 

Ive probably redownloaded 5 or so times due to HC deaths. 3 from the bugged vipers in the Nihlithak area on hell difficulty, and the rest from unfortunate teleports (landing in the middle of a mob and getting stunlocked).

Yes, please share the dupe method. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've also found a way to reliably duplicate items offline on the PS4 version of the game. I can write it up later as it is an involved process to ensure nothing is lost. That said, my current plan to get a character to level 99 as efficiently and quickly as possible is to obtain uber keys and organs, duplicate them, and grind the ubers. There's no guarantee this will work as the ubers are incredibly difficult fights but it will bypass the need to clear Chaos Sanctuary seals or Baal waves who by level 98 will offer trivial amounts of exp. This way you can immediately jump into the fight against Pandemonium Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal as well as Duriel, Izual, and Lilith (though I wouldn't recommend Lilith).

 

My other plan which I'd like to try is to obtain a Stone of Jordan offline, duplicate it, and farm DClone kills. The issue here is that I've found differing information as to whether or not DClone gives experience in the first place. If he gives exp comparable to Uber Tristram Diablo it may be most efficient to farm DClone since you won't need to contend with Mephisto and Baal at the same time and you can reset maps for a good Stony Field map where the Cairn Stones are close to the waypoint. I still haven't found the Stone of Jordan offline yet so I can't yet test whether you get exp from DClone yet.

Edited by Vextens
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Vextens said:

My other plan which I'd like to try is to obtain a Stone of Jordan offline, duplicate it, and farm DClone kills. The issue here is that I've found differing information as to whether or not DClone gives experience in the first place. If he gives exp comparable to Uber Tristram Diablo it may be most efficient to farm DClone since you won't need to contend with Mephisto and Baal at the same time and you can reset maps for a good Stony Field map where the Cairn Stones are close to the waypoint. I still haven't found the Stone of Jordan offline yet so I can't yet test whether you get exp from DClone yet.

 

Oh that's a neat idea, I hadn't thought of that. I haven't found a SoJ offline yet, but I'll try that too and let you know if/when I find anything.

Anyway, I wrote up a new thread with my PS5 duping method. On PS4, can't you just backup your shared stash file? It's separate from your character file which should make duping on PS4 easy.

Edited by NathanielJohn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

 

Oh that's a neat idea, I hadn't thought of that. I haven't found a SoJ offline yet, but I'll try that too and let you know if/when I find anything.

Anyway, I wrote up a new thread with my PS5 duping method. On PS4, can't you just backup your shared stash file? It's separate from your character file which should make duping on PS4 easy.

That's pretty much it. I did find that sometimes my stashes wouldn't actually save like they should have and so I was backing up a stash that didn't have the items I put into it. Had to find a way around that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PatrickEsteban said:

 

 

That's awesome news if we can trust Rod on this one... :P Offline HC character with backups and the command sounds far better deal to me now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.