How does PC/PS5 cross progression affect trophies?

bleach919

Hi all.  I will be playing on both PC and PS5 with cross progression since I have friends that play on both.  Does anyone know how this will affect trophies?  For example, if do I have to be logged into the PS5 version when I beat the final quest on Hell difficulty for that trophy, if I'm logged into PC instead at the time, will it pop the next time I log into PS5, or will I have missed the trophy, etc...

12 minutes ago, Hartgroove said:

When you first time launch it on PS it will ask you to link your battle.net account.

Then you can create online character, which can be played on any platform.

But what if I am playing on PC when I unlock a trophy, it will unlock the trophy on PS5 also?

It is a good question how they will work, but i just tried to re-link my battle.net account, and it worked fine.

I have 2 battle.net accounts and 1 ps account and i can easily swap them.

I can go to my account management in browser to Connection and disconnect the link with PS, then next time i launch the game on PS it will offer me to link again.

This is actually very convenient and someone could help friends with trophies that way. For example a friend with 99 lvl character could link your ps to thei Battle.net to let you log in with their character and pop the trophy. Well hopefully it will just pop.

1 minute ago, Hartgroove said:

It is a good question how they will work, but i just tried to re-link my battle.net account, and it worked fine.

I have 2 battle.net accounts and 1 ps account and i can easily swap them.

I can go to my account management in browser to Connection and disconnect the link with PS, then next time i launch the game on PS it will offer me to link again.

This is actually very convenient and someone could help friends with trophies that way. For example a friend with 99 lvl character could link your ps to thei Battle.net to let you log in with their character and pop the trophy. Well hopefully it will just pop.

That sounds even more awful than just having a near impossible trophy.  Now you're going to have people buying/selling these 'impossible' trophies.

18 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

That sounds even more awful than just having a near impossible trophy.  Now you're going to have people buying/selling these 'impossible' trophies.

I wonder what the official stance of Cheater Removal Team will be, regarding PSNprofiles leaderboards. That’s two free platinums if I can just willy-nilly pop any saves here.

More testing will be done in the upcoming week.

Update 4: Did most of my quests on PC and trophy popped right after finishing the last quest on PS5.

Update 5: Got most of my WP's on PC, got my last few on PS5 but the trophy didn't pop instantly, had 2 revisit all my wp's on the same character, got the trophy halfway trough!

So far all of my earned trophies are done by playing on PC first and backtracking the last few requirements on PS5!

Edited by Pr0xj

So let’s say i created a Hardcore character on PC, progressed it until level 98, then i continued on my ps5 to reach level99, will the hardcore99 trophy pop up?

i made an experiment, wherein i created one in pc, leveled until level 2 hardcore, then continued on ps5, but the progress on the ps5 trophy is still 0/99, but should say 2/99 right?

1 hour ago, ReD_1_Steven said:

So let’s say i created a Hardcore character on PC, progressed it until level 98, then i continued on my ps5 to reach level99, will the hardcore99 trophy pop up?

i made an experiment, wherein i created one in pc, leveled until level 2 hardcore, then continued on ps5, but the progress on the ps5 trophy is still 0/99, but should say 2/99 right?

It should be right. But i would at least level up on more level to try, let the ps card get the actal progress. Sometimes it needs a trigger to count progress.

If the level in the trophyprogresscard dont level up, i would not take the risk to do the level 99 hardcore trophie this way until it is 100% confirmed that it pops without the counter in the trophiecard.

12 hours ago, ReD_1_Steven said:

Afraid hardly any1 is able 2 confirm this at this point... i do know my counters keep rising in between lvling on PC vs PS5

On 9/23/2021 at 10:31 AM, JunkSkelington said:

People already buy and sell in game items and accounts.  They have been for 20 year.

Last update for PC vs PS5 trophy progression.

Conclusion; you can safely play the game on PC and backtrack most of the trophies on PS5 for the all of the harder trophies.

Trophies with special requirements (kill / socket / upgrades) should be done on PS5, item farming is totally possible on PC though. :)

Edited by Pr0xj
  • Like 1

Okay, so some trophies can pop with cross progression and redoing some things.

This is nice to know for players with either PS4 or PS5 trophy set.

But I guess that people which need the level 99 hardcore trophy for both stacks need to play two hardcore characters to 99? I think that you can not play a character to level 98,9 or something like this and log in on both PS systems and this way get the level 99 hardcore trophy for both stacks. Or quit instantly after your character has hit level 99 to get the trophy and to quit without saving the level up.

13 hours ago, wassup-Pao said:

Sorry this is probably obvious, do you have to purchase the game on both platforms separately?

Yes, you do have to purchase both games separately.

On 10/3/2021 at 3:18 AM, Pr0xj said:

Last update for PC vs PS5 trophy progression.

Conclusion; you can safely play the game on PC and backtrack most of the trophies on PS5 for the all of the harder trophies.

Trophies with special requirements (kill / socket / upgrades) should be done on PS5, item farming is totally possible on PC though. :)

Yes, this is confirmed. anything trophy-related that you complete on PC just duplicated it on the console to pop the trophies!

On 9/30/2021 at 1:08 AM, ReD_1_Steven said:

You are correct. yes, this will work because you will pop the last level on the console. Same goes for the softcore level 99 as well