Chaos_Bladez

Death Stranding Director's Cut New Stuff

85 posts in this topic

Thank you, friend! Gonna jump into this once downloading is done. May I assume I will get an instant 95% trophy progress if I transfer my PS4 platinum save? 

Edited by MWYSONG23
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MWYSONG23 said:

Thank you, friend! Gonna jump into this once downloading is done. May I assume I will get an instant 95% trophy progress if I transfer my PS4 platinum save? 

No problem. Yeah, everything but the last three trophies should pop when you load in.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

No problem. Yeah, everything but the last three trophies should pop when you load in.

Wait! The ps5 trophies duplicates when you load your ps4 save?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Skyforger25 said:

Wait! The ps5 trophies duplicates when you load your ps4 save?

I am not sure what you mean but the Director's Cut has a separate trophy list so importing your save will automatically pop all the trophies on PS5 that you earned on PS4 (except for Homo Faber, Trail-Blazer, and Master Builder).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's 12:48 am in germany now... i cant find the option to upgrade the game from ps4 to ps5 (for 10 bucks)

i own the ps4 version of the game on disc

 

anybody know where / how i can upgrade?

Edited by PETMAN3000
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How hard is it to S rank all the races I always hate racing sections in games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chaos_Bladez How long would you say it takes if you just open up a PS4 platinum save file and go for those 3 trophies? If I find some spare time I might actually give it a go and get those trophies out of the way. 

 

I do hope my zip lines didn't get destroyed as I had a massive map full of them so I didn't need to walk that much anymore in the end.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@Chaos_Bladez How long would you say it takes if you just open up a PS4 platinum save file and go for those 3 trophies? If I find some spare time I might actually give it a go and get those trophies out of the way. 

 

I do hope my zip lines didn't get destroyed as I had a massive map full of them so I didn't need to walk that much anymore in the end.

I’m sure it says your structures that were on PS4 are all destroyed. I may be wrong though. If you go on the import ps4 save option on the ps4 game, it tells you what changes will

happen when you play on your ps4 save on the directors cut. I’m pretty sure i read the structures will disappear. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I’m sure it says your structures that were on PS4 are all destroyed. I may be wrong though. If you go on the import ps4 save option on the ps4 game, it tells you what changes will

happen when you play on your ps4 save on the directors cut. I’m pretty sure i read the structures will disappear. 

 

Nah I'm playing right now and all my structures are here.

 

And the races aren't hard but not easy either. You might not do them first try but it's not going to stop you getting the platinum.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Moocow2000 said:

 

Nah I'm playing right now and all my structures are here.

 

And the races aren't hard but not easy either. You might not do them first try but it's not going to stop you getting the platinum.

Ah right that’s good to know i must have read it wrong 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moocow2000 said:

 

Nah I'm playing right now and all my structures are here.

 

And the races aren't hard but not easy either. You might not do them first try but it's not going to stop you getting the platinum.

I’ve just loaded my ps4 save up and my structures are all gone lol. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PETMAN3000 said:

it's 12:48 am in germany now... i cant find the option to upgrade the game from ps4 to ps5 (for 10 bucks)

i own the ps4 version of the game on disc

 

anybody know where / how i can upgrade?

i am having the same problem i own the CD version and can't find the upgraded Version  in the store

Edited by Ahmed_TaLLaL
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ahmed_TaLLaL said:

i am having the same problem i own the CD version and can't find the upgraded Version  in the store

Go to the actual page for the Directors Cut Digital Deluxe Edition (with your disc inserted), you should see two options, one being the upgrade for $9.99 and the other being to outright purchase for $59.99.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Go to the actual page for the Directors Cut Digital Deluxe Edition (with your disc inserted), you should see two options, one being the upgrade for $9.99 and the other being to outright purchase for $59.99.

Thanks man so much !! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I am not sure what you mean but the Director's Cut has a separate trophy list so importing your save will automatically pop all the trophies on PS5 that you earned on PS4 (except for Homo Faber, Trail-Blazer, and Master Builder).

Ya, thanks that's what I was talking about!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleted 

Edited by PhantomFear94
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Radford999 said:

I’ve just loaded my ps4 save up and my structures are all gone lol. 

Ah RIP, I have no idea why. Maybe if you played a long time ago they've deteriorated? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moocow2000 said:

Ah RIP, I have no idea why. Maybe if you played a long time ago they've deteriorated? 

I was being a dumbass and not zooming into the map enough 😂 They are still there but most of them have deteriorated. Not been on it for like 20 months lol. My road is still there though lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2021 at 5:30 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

Hey everyone. I got a few messages here about the new stuff and I figured I’d just make a post about it since I am one of the first people to get this platinum. 

 

Just some quick disclaimers: I did not expect to relay all of this so this is going off my memory. Also, using the PS5’s useful new trophy tracker, you can put the trophy on the side of the screen and can see exactly what counts for what trophy. And while I have tried to list where to get some things, I had a completed save and therefore just had some of this stuff. And I would assume people don't care about spoilers, but just to be double sure, here's a spoiler warning for those who don't want to know the new stuff in the game and want to be surprised.

 

First things first: You do not need to craft everything again. The trophy tracker did initially say 0/108, which made my heart skip, but it did kick up to 72/108 when I came back to the game a few days later. This may have been just some weird pre-release business. I think the game was patched a couple times over the review period. I am not sure.

 

Second things second: Go after the silver and gold skeletons, power gloves, armor. These were pre-order bonuses for the PC version and they all count as separate items. Since there are gold and silver versions for every skeleton and every version of every skeleton, these will be a big portion of items you need to craft.

 

The second round of stuff you need to craft are the Half-Life and Cyberpunk items. The Half-Life items are in your email inbox with the Half-Life symbol. Read those, go to the place described in the email, go back to the designated terminal, turn it in, go to your safe room to sleep and pass time, and then go back out to probably get another email. The Cyberpunk items are from a guy named “V” in your email inbox from Thomas Sutherland, Edgar Wright’s character model from the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City. Go there to the terminal to start the quest line. It will be an Order for Sam. These have been out for a long time since they were in the PC version so there are already guides on this stuff. Be sure to craft the Silver Hand, Gravity Gloves, Half-Life truck, and Yaiba Kusanagi bike when you get them. 

 

The third round of stuff will be all of the completely new items. These include things like the transport trike (it has a trailer), Maser electric gun (get it by going to the Distribution Center West of Capital Knot City and doing an order, [Request No. 77]), Support Skeleton (get it from clearing [Request No. 77]), Buddy Bot (after doing [Request No. 83]), and two new cars (more on that below). I can’t remember if the new backpack equipment counts. There are two new stabilizers (that are very fun to use) and another battery. I just had them from my completed PS4 save so I am not 100% sure how to get them and I am not sure if they count for this trophy, but it wouldn’t hurt to craft them and see.

 

To get those new cars, build the race track near the Timefall Farm at the very south of the second map for 650 Chiral Crystals, 2240 Metal, and 1960 Ceramic after it unlocks after doing [Order No. 35]. S rank the four races with the new vehicle. There’s no need to do the motorcycle or truck ones. S rank one for the default roadster and S ranking all four will unlock another roadster. Be sure to actually go to a garage and make them. S ranking the races is not too difficult. Just be sure to drift and let off the boost during tight turns.

 

The three new upgradeable structures are the chiral bridge, jump ramp, and cargo catapult (after episode 5) so just get those to level 3. Use PCCs to build them. Try to build them by a big knot so you don’t have to lug the materials so far.

 

I think that’s it? I’ll add more if I remember anything. Also, shameless plug, but here’s the feature I wrote about the Director’s Cut in case anyone was interested.
 

Do you know how to build the chiral bridge and jump ramp? It isn’t available to build For me using the PCC. Do i have to unlock it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Do you know how to build the chiral bridge and jump ramp? It isn’t available to build For me using the PCC. Do i have to unlock it?

Same problem here. Both are not available using PCC 1 or 2. I can see then from other players, but have no option to play then myself. Loaded a PS4 savegame played around release, was there something added layer to unlock these new structures?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bioxz said:

Same problem here. Both are not available using PCC 1 or 2. I can see then from other players, but have no option to play then myself. Loaded a PS4 savegame played around release, was there something added layer to unlock these new structures?

 

1 hour ago, Radford999 said:

Do you know how to build the chiral bridge and jump ramp? It isn’t available to build For me using the PCC. Do i have to unlock it?

Chiral Artist gives a mission for the Chiral Bridge and Weather Station gives the Jump Ramp mission. Die Hardman apparently mentions getting the missions from them once.

 

Credit - https://www.ungeek.ph/2021/09/death-stranding-directors-cut-how-to-unlock-the-new-structures-and-items/

Edited by DARKKRAKEN666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Companion Cube is stuck underneath the map. Any ideas on how to fix it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else having an issue making the power gloves silver and gold version and making them count? For some reason whenever I make them, its not giving me a check mark next to the item.

 

Edit: Okay for some reason the gold and silver power gloved do not count for the fabrication trophy. dunno why

Edited by Elite_Sniper001
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now