Death Stranding Director's Cut New Stuff

17 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I don’t think you need to S rank them all. You just need to S rank the 4 roadster races. 

Even just those seem really difficult so far, 3 minutes for the first one is really tight even if you don't hit walls and boost as much as possible while using drift.  It is circle to drift.  The game doesn't outright tell you that is how to drift so I spent the first few times not realizing that.  I find the ghost distracting, so if you do too you van turn it off in the racetrack options while selecting a race.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Even just those seem really difficult so far, 3 minutes for the first one is really tight even if you don't hit walls and boost as much as possible while using drift.  It is circle to drift.  The game doesn't outright tell you that is how to drift so I spent the first few times not realizing that.  I find the ghost distracting, so if you do too you van turn it off in the racetrack options while selecting a race.

I honestly found them incredibly easy. I did all of them first time lol. Just have boost on all the time. There are only a couple of corners you have to use circle on. Those are the really tight corners. Just drift around them and use boost after straight away. For all the other corners just tap L2 to brake when you need to. The only time i let go of R2 was on those tight corners. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I honestly found them incredibly easy. I did all of them first time lol. Just have boost on all the time. There are only a couple of corners you have to use circle on. Those are the really tight corners. Just drift around them and use boost after straight away. For all the other corners just tap L2 to brake when you need to. The only time i let go of R2 was on those tight corners. 

I finally got the first one S ranked.  Be aware I'm terrible at any type of racing so for me they're likely going to be hard. 

I kept boost on for the whole first one and only used drift without breaking.  I kept hitting walls and getting stuck when I'd break, even if it was just a tap.

The biggest issue I ran into though was the ghost racer being really distracting, but after turning it off the first one I did pretty easy.  The other tip is if you hit a wall but bounce off it within a second or less then keep going.  If you get stuck on it for more than one second then start over.  We'll see how the other three go though.

Update: second one was a little eeasier.  Did it in only a couple tries.  Thanks Radford about the tip to use break more than drift.  To add to that, use break and drift at the same time if it's a tight corner with the drift sign showing.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

This game isn't even that hard to be honest. So far, I've yet to see anything on the PS5 that actually offers a challenge that isn't already on the PS4. I think Returnal and Demon's Souls are the only titles to this point that offer a good challenge.

These races take a bit of practice and they are not in the PS4 version.   Not saying they're as hard as Returnal or Demon's Souls though.  You can't even compare difficulties to them since they're totally different games.  They made the first races time fairly tight.

These races for people that aren't very good at race games can be a challenge though.  Once more tips and youtube video is out there they'll get easier.

This reminds me of the Traversal Challenge 3.0 in Miles Morales, you need close to flawless execution to get under the S rank time.  But they feel more doable than when I first started them.

Edited by Snake2410

16 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

These races take a bit of practice and they are not in the PS4 version.   Not saying they're as hard as Returnal or Demon's Souls though.  You can't even compare difficulties to them since they're totally different games.  They made the first races time fairly tight.

These races for people that aren't very good at race games can be a challenge though.  Once more tips and youtube video is out there they'll get easier.

This reminds me of the Traversal Challenge 3.0 in Miles Morales, you need close to flawless execution to get under the S rank time.  But they feel more doable than when I first started them.

I think having consistent 60 FPS in games makes them easier for a number of reasons. I would say Miles Morales is roughly the same difficulty wise as the original Marvel's Spider-Man. Nothing difficult in those trophy lists. Contrast that with Batman: Arkham Knight, where you had to find all those annoying Riddler collectibles, do some skill dependent trophies, and do those aggravating community challenges which had me stumped for several months.

Death Stranding looks awesome, it's Hideo Kojima's latest work, but I probably won't get around to it for a long time. I need to play his older stuff first before I'm going to touch Death Stranding.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

This game isn't even that hard to be honest. So far, I've yet to see anything on the PS5 that actually offers a challenge that isn't already on the PS4. I think Returnal and Demon's Souls are the only titles to this point that offer a good challenge.

I think Returnal and Demon’s Souls are quite literally the only games on PS5 that aren’t on PS4 lol (along with the new RaC). Death Stranding is awesome, I’m only a few hours in but it’s quite fun for a literal “walking/delivery” simulator. Sometimes it’s nice to just relax and enjoy a story than to have to sweat and try hard on the edge of your seat.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I think having consistent 60 FPS in games makes them easier for a number of reasons. I would say Miles Morales is roughly the same difficulty wise as the original Marvel's Spider-Man. Nothing difficult in those trophy lists. Contrast that with Batman: Arkham Knight, where you had to find all those annoying Riddler collectibles, do some skill dependent trophies, and do those aggravating community challenges which had me stumped for several months.

Death Stranding looks awesome, it's Hideo Kojima's latest work, but I probably won't get around to it for a long time. I need to play his older stuff first before I'm going to touch Death Stranding.

Getting Ultimate rank on Traversal Challenge 3.0 in Miles Morales was harder than ultimate rank in the drone challenges for the first game because the time limit is extremely tight.  I've done them both multiple times and that's how I felt about it, the first and third races in this felt similar to getting ultimate rank that challenge in Miles Morales to me. 

I've now S ranked all the required races in this.  I feel like the second and fourth ones were the easiest of the bunch, but did do the third and fourth on my first try each. 

The hardest part for me was just getting the first S rank, once you do that you know the tricks pretty well and the others shouldn't be an issue. 

As for this games difficulty, I've not tried Very Hard yet (newly added to this version after being PC exclusive first), but Hard wasn't really hard at all.

Edited by Snake2410

6 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Getting Ultimate rank on Traversal Challenge 3.0 in Miles Morales was harder than ultimate rank in the drone challenges for the first game because the time limit is extremely tight.  I've done them both multiple times and that's how I felt about it, the first and third races in this felt similar to getting ultimate rank that challenge in Miles Morales to me.

You actually didn't need to get Ultimate for the trophies. I actually found the stealth challenges harder, because I'm just not good at stealth.

Just got platinum. Few notes:

• You don’t have to craft any backpack attachments for trophy. 
  • To unlock everything you have to finish deliveries mentioned in first post and both half-life and cyberpunk quest lines. Then try to do mass crafting in one go while check for “already crafted items check mark” (I got only 41/108 items crafted after importing save file).
  • If you hard stuck on 107/108 counter for crafted items, check vehicles available for crafting, you probably missing “ride” trike from memory chip #31. Somehow save import don’t carry over any memory chips you collected in base game.
  • If my case I also stuck on 9/10 on lvl 3 upgrades for structures, had to redo all upgrades for base game structures. 

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You actually didn't need to get Ultimate for the trophies. I actually found the stealth challenges harder, because I'm just not good at stealth.

I wasn't referring to the trophies when I posted that though.  I should've clarified better.  I was referring to the challenge in comparison to the race challenge in this.

54 minutes ago, lilvengefulfox said:

Just got platinum. Few notes:

• You don’t have to craft any backpack attachments for trophy. 
  • To unlock everything you have to finish deliveries mentioned in first post and both half-life and cyberpunk quest lines. Then try to do mass crafting in one go while check for “already crafted items check mark” (I got only 41/108 items crafted after importing save file).
  • If you hard stuck on 107/108 counter for crafted items, check vehicles available for crafting, you probably missing “ride” trike from memory chip #31. Somehow save import don’t carry over any memory chips you collected in base game.
  • If my case I also stuck on 9/10 on lvl 3 upgrades for structures, had to redo all upgrades for base game structures. 

You only need to do the first 4 Cyberpunk missions, the last two only give you holograms.  I already have all of the schematics needed and haven't even started the last one.  I'm sitting at 104/108 and everything I have left is from the other added missions (the two half life schematics, the new gun, and the support skeleton).

Also, all of my memory chips transferred over so maybe you transferred a different save, or it's bugged for some people.

13 minutes ago, observadorpt said:

shooting range too?

No, shooting range doesn't have any schematics that it unlocks.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DharmaDan- said:

The races are a joke, gonna take a while to S rank them all.

Thats all I can unlock as well I feel as though I'm doing somthing wrong, how do you boost?

Click L3 to boost, circle to drift, and L1 or triangle to break. 

My biggest tips are, turn off the ghost when you're in the menu selecting the car and race, I believe it's thr last menu with the music options. 

Utilize boost constantly but use L1 to go around corners, tap and don't hold it though unless you really need to.  Drift on the corners where it says drift, utilizing both L1 and circle at the same time helps control drift better.  If you hit a wall or hold L1 too long it'll turn boost off so turn it back on asap.  That was something I was slow at first doing.

On turns it helps to turn from the far outside of the turn into the inside, if that makes sense. 

Once you figure out the first race the rest get progressively easier even though it makes it sound like the opposite.  Same strategy works for all 4.

Edited by Snake2410

14 minutes ago, DharmaDan- said:

The races are a joke, gonna take a while to S rank them all.

Thats all I can unlock as well I feel as though I'm doing somthing wrong, how do you boost?

You don’t beed to S rank them all. Just the 4 roadster ones.

And if you haven’t been boosting then no wonder you haven’t been able to do it lol. Boost is the same as all the other vehicle you use. L3. You want to be boosting around every single corner except the very tight ones. Just as soon as the race starts press boost and on some corners you need to tap L2 to brake, others you can go around them without braking. There are a couple of very tight corners on some of the tracks. You will know which ones i mean. Just de-boost, brake a little, go around them and then straight back to boosting. 

Edited by Radford999

2 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

You don’t beed to S rank them all. Just the 4 roadster ones.

And if you haven’t been boosting then no wonder you haven’t been able to do it lol. Boost is the same as all the other vehicle you use. L3. You want to be boosting around every single corner except the very tight ones. Just as soon as the race starts press boost and on some corners you need to tap L2 to brake, others you can go around them without braking. There are a couple of very tight corners on some of the tracks. You will know which ones i mean. Just de-boost, brake a little, go around them and then straight back to boosting. 

To add to this, you don't even necessarily need to deboost by hitting L3 again, just hold the break (L2) a little longer and it'll disable it.  I found hitting it wasn't always doable for me.  And if you use drift and break together it makes those tight corners easier to go around faster without hitting the walls.