Super Cloudbuilt - Possible Delisting

mcnichoj

This game was just removed from Steam. Still up on both PlayStation and Xbox. The developers original game is still up on Steam simply called "Cloudbuilt". My guess is this is some issue with the publisher since the original was put out with a different publisher.

This hasn't been on sale since a year ago, before then it was on sale twice in 2019 and before that twice in 2018. Doubt it will get another one any time soon and no idea when and if it will get delisted.

Update:

Super Cloudbuilt Publishing Changes and Updates — Coilworks

The PC version will return next year and get new updates/publisher, console version will not get the update and once removed it will not return.

"The console version of Super Cloudbuilt will sadly not be updated and even more regrettably, the sales of the console versions will sadly come to a close very shortly. Owners of the current game will still be able to access the game on consoles and download it again freely, but no one will be able to buy new copies of the game. (We wanted to give everyone a longer heads up here, but this is sadly how it turned out)"

Edited by mcnichoj

So I looked into everything behind the companies involved but the situation is certainly odd.

Coilworks developed both games, doing the first one solo and getting publishing from Rising Star Games while the second game was a joint effort between Coilworks and Double Eleven with DE handling the publishing. As of 2019, Coilworks is no longer a functioning company but employees did continue to work on the original Cloudbuilt and push out a significant update in 2020. This update also included some new revenue deal with another company though I believe that is only sales in their website and not on Steam, but don't quote me on that. The employees have all since moved on to various careers elsewhere and I assume revenue gets split (not enough revenue to keep the company afloat though).

This is likely a contract ending between Coilworks, Double Eleven, and Steam and the game will very likely make its way off of Playstation and Xbox as well over time. Unfortunately, these contract details are not publicly available so there's no way to know when. 

Long story short, grab it now if you want this one on console or otherwise buy the original on PC. Also, I confirm nothing so don't quote me on any of this or get mad at me if I am wrong.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...