Online safe and secure?

ASILENTENIGMA

Is it safe and secure to go online for this game?  Respawn last tweeted about the security issue on the 9th of Sept.  They consider the issue closed.  Any recent players for Titanfall 2 run into anything weird or crazy, etc.  Apologies in advance if anyone thinks this is too much of a "scared of your own shadow" type post.  I just didn't know what to make of all this security vulnerability talk when it started.  I just want to make sure it's alright to go online and not have anything happen to my console or my PSN account or whatever.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, mx_bluee said:

You've probably gotten the trophies by now but to anyone else who's wondering, you can get the multiplayer trophies without having to play against anyone. I tried searching for a game for an hour and kept getting disconnected from the server and eventually i found you can do it this way:

Play a private match of attrition and set the timer to 1 minute. The game will autofill with bots so just kill them until the time is up and you'll get the trophy for winning a multiplayer match. 

The network trophy didn't pop for me when i first joined a network so i assumed you had to finish a game for it to pop. That didn't work either but as soon as i joined a different network, it popped. 

The Network trophy has always been a bit iffy about popping but changing Networks is a viable workaround as you found out :).

• 3 months later...
On 11/9/2021 at 4:01 PM, mx_bluee said:

Play a private match of attrition and set the timer to 1 minute. The game will autofill with bots so just kill them until the time is up and you'll get the trophy for winning a multiplayer match. 

The network trophy didn't pop for me when i first joined a network so i assumed you had to finish a game for it to pop. That didn't work either but as soon as i joined a different network, it popped. 

Starting a Private Match is not intuitive. 

Go to Multiplayer: Launch Multiplayer.

Scroll down to Networks: My Networks. Press X.

Create. Network Name: [3 characters, like "Ggg".] Clan Tag: [2 characters, like "Gg.'] Scroll down to Create a Network. Press X.

The game may kick you back to the Multiplayer Main Menu at this point.

Scroll down to Networks: My Networks. Select.

There will be a yellow arrow pointing to your new "[Ggg] Gg" network. Press X for Set Active. Scroll down to "[Ggg] Gg" and press X. The screen will read "Ggg. Set this as the active network?" Press X for Yes. 

Press O to back out to Multiplayer menu.

Scroll up to Play: Find Game. Press X.

Tab right to Private Match Beta. Press X.

Private Match: Mode. Press X. Scroll to Attrition, Press X.

Tab right to Settings. X.

Scroll down to Attrition: Time Limit. Hold left on the D-pad to make the time limit 1 minute. Press O to back out.

Scroll up to Start Match, press X, and start your 1-minute Attrition match. 

Encouragingly, I was able to play two full games of Frontier Defense (the co-op wave defense mode) on a regular server (The Advocate Network [ADV]) with live players. The game soft locked on wave 4 of the third game with the "Error: Server timed out" message. I do not know if a Frontier Defense win (survive all five waves) will unlock the trophy, as I already had the trophy from a 1-minute Attrition Private Beta match.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:57 PM, Kolm said:

As soon as I selected 'My networks' to check which networks I joined, the trophy popped.

Mine popped during thge same selection process.

This game's multiplayer is amazing. I am sad that so much money and effort are being redirected to Apex Legends. I enjoy Apex Legends, but I love Titanfall 2.

Edited by poetic_justice_

@poetic_justice_ I didn't have to do all that stuff to start a private match...

My steps:
1. Launch multiplayer
2. Select 'Play - Find Game'

3. Select 'Private match beta' => at this point it'll try to connect and sometimes you need to repeat the steps.

4. Change your Map and Settings
5. Start match

I made a video for all 3 online trophies but I still need to edit the trophy screenshots in because they don't get recorded by the PS4 screen captures.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kolm said:

@poetic_justice_ I didn't have to do all that stuff to start a private match...

My steps:
1. Launch multiplayer
2. Select 'Play - Find Game'

3. Select 'Private match beta' => at this point it'll try to connect and sometimes you need to repeat the steps.

4. Change your Map and Settings
5. Start match

I made a video for all 3 online trophies but I still need to edit the trophy screenshots in because they don't get recorded by the PS4 screen captures.

This is great to know. I think I need to get round to completing Titanfall 2 just incase the trophies become unobtainable.