Trophy Thoughts

Platinum doesn’t look too bad in my opinion. Definitely wasn’t expecting Dracula X as part of the collection but I’d imagine most people weren’t expecting it either.

2 minutes ago, xenochrist666 said:

Seems like one playthrough for CotM (you can access Magician Mode from the get go with a password), the other two metroidvanias will need 2 playthroughs afaik. Dont know about Dracula X. Very excited to replay it all.

The question is though is if doing Magician Mode automatically unlocks the DSS card trophy or not. If not, a partial playthrough would be necessary I think.

• Like 1

I see many people struggling with the golden trophy for getting all the cards. Defeating the Battle Arena in Circle of the Moon is a pain in the crotch, even with the quck save and quick load features (trust me, i played this on a PC emulator). Thank God there is no trophy for getting the 100% of the map on each game.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warpedsavior said:

Platinum doesn’t look too bad in my opinion. Definitely wasn’t expecting Dracula X as part of the collection but I’d imagine most people weren’t expecting it either.

The question is though is if doing Magician Mode automatically unlocks the DSS card trophy or not. If not, a partial playthrough would be necessary I think.

A good question in my opinion. If playing (and completing) "Magician Mode" in COM unlocks the trophy, we can avoid the headache of dealing with the Battle Arena.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Wasn't expecting Dracula X to be on there (which is a remake of Rondo of Blood if I'm not mistaken). At least it doesn't look like 100% in Dracula X is required, getting 100% in Rondo of Blood for the Requiem Collection was annoying. Really looking forward to this! 

It's not the remake from the psp. This one is the butchered SNES port of Rondo

What can be difficult this platinum is Dracula X for those who are not familiar with the "classicvanias" (apart from the fact that it is a poorly made adaptation of Rondo of Blood) and the trophy of all the cards in Circle of The Moon. Because this game in particular is the most boring when it comes to dropping items.

And the list is better that way, the games don't have much to offer to justify 3 or 4 different lists, better an objective platinum than 4 games with 100% PSN random trophies.

• Like 1

Holy shit! What a fantastic surprise!!

I actually just finished playing through a few of the GBA Castlevania games a few months ago! Went through HoD and AoS to 100% completion, including enemy drops, maps, and all items! Never played Circle of the Moon so nows my chance!

Decent trophy lists! Getting all furniture in HoD, all souls in AoS, nice! Wish they had a trophy for 100% map in each game though instead of all the story related boss trophies. I enjoyed going for everything in HoD!

I think the Souls trophy might be missable in AoS though, or maybe I'm confusing that with Dawn of Sorrow. I know in one of the Sorrow games, you can combine your souls to upgrade some weapons, and if you upgrade Death's Scythe before beating the final area, you could lose his soul and lock yourself out of that trophy.

13 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Holy shit! What a fantastic surprise!!

I actually just finished playing through a few of the GBA Castlevania games a few months ago! Went through HoD and AoS to 100% completion, including enemy drops, maps, and all items! Never played Circle of the Moon so nows my chance!

Decent trophy lists! Getting all furniture in HoD, all souls in AoS, nice! Wish they had a trophy for 100% map in each game though instead of all the story related boss trophies. I enjoyed going for everything in HoD!

I think the Souls trophy might be missable in AoS though, or maybe I'm confusing that with Dawn of Sorrow. I know in one of the Sorrow games, you can combine your souls to upgrade some weapons, and if you upgrade Death's Scythe before beating the final area, you could lose his soul and lock yourself out of that trophy.

Souls from bosses aren't guaranteed either. Dawn of Sorrow is the one that used souls for weapon synthesis

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

It gets worse, it was 80% of the country for at least three of the releases.

i know. Ive never understood it. Like there's been times a BIG release comes and i have jad Vacation that same week but i barely put hours in or something. Like i wouldn't book Vacation for just gaming. Aside from my ps5 launch day because pandemic meant i couldnt travel. So why not? 

I expect DQ12 to dominate out in japan.

also i picked up the CV Advance collection. When it releases physical i expect it to be through LRG

Isn’t Dracula X that really difficult version of Rondo of Blood?

Edit: “Due to the mobility restrictions, enemy positioning, and several other factors, Castlevania: Dracula X is generally considered to be one of the hardest games in the series”.

Really? Harder than the original four?

Edit 2: Guess quick save and rewind will help mitigate the difficulty.

Edited by bikeman223

Ha can't believe it, finally, a decent list that asks you to do everything in all games I dig that, I know these games very well so the info I know in AoS only one soul is missable and that would be Legion a secret boss, just make sure to break off all parts and there's also Death you can always save and re try until the boss drops their soul but that's tedious the game has a NG+ if I'm not mistaken, you can try there, on CoM all cards drop from regular enemies it just takes forever tho because RNGsus, HoD seem simple enough regarding trophies just bosses and beating the game as EX characters and X is the SNES version of Rondo kinda the same but less, it's hard specially the last stage with those damn pillars and medusa heads flying all over the damn place but this collection has a rewind feature so that will make platforming trivial, gonna get this tomorrow after work and play through the weekend after I platinum if someone has any interest I can create a guide, would need a few directions on how to go about creating it tho.

Edited by Sunnyburrito