Trophy Thoughts

4 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Are you 100% on this. I tried on two different enemies to get hard cards using this trick and it didn't work for me. I had to run in the room, kill, run out, back in and repeat till I got it. At least it's leveling me up

Also the arena is kicking my ass 1f641.png I think part of the problem is my old man reactions.

Yes, that's how it works, as noted before this is done for TAS runs. It's just the drop rate for most cards after the first two are abysmal at best. But what you said there is also good advice. Doing it the hard way levels you up pretty easily. As for arena, try using one of the game breaker DSS listed above. the Black Dog glitch or the summon booster glitch can destroy most things in one or two shots.

I'm hoping for a trophy guide for this collection ? I don't know if it's been asked but are there missable trophies to keep in mind playing the games? Some hardcore Asian players have already gotten the platinum as expected. That's good so we know there hopefully aren't any glitched or unobtainable trophies that is if they haven't used workarounds or whatnot.

I also really hope there'll be physical copies coming out somehow ?

Edited by Cosmokeeper

11 hours ago, Cosmokeeper said:

I don't know if it's been asked but are there missable trophies to keep in mind playing the games? 

Somebody mentioned it before, but I believe the Legion Soul from Aria of Sorrow is missable if you don’t destroy it’s outer shell. There might be others but that’s the one I know of.

• Like 1

On 2021-09-27 at 0:58 AM, Cosmokeeper said:

I'm hoping for a trophy guide for this collection 1f60a.png I don't know if it's been asked but are there missable trophies to keep in mind playing the games? Some hardcore Asian players have already gotten the platinum as expected. That's good so we know there hopefully aren't any glitched or unobtainable trophies that is if they haven't used workarounds or whatnot.

I also really hope there'll be physical copies coming out somehow ?

There is only one missable trophy which is collect all soul due to Legion soul in Aria of sorrow is missable if you not completely destroy all shells before kill it. This will cause another playthrough. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Started with Aria and I'm already finding the soul grinding pretty miserable. At least you get useful abilities and XP out of it I guess. 

I find it weird that the soul grinding seems pretty random, I can't find any drop rate stats. Also I seemed to have stopped getting XP, is this like Circle of the Moon where you stop getting XP if you're 10 levels over the enemy's level?

Edit: Nevermind, the Mandragora doesn't give XP or a Soul if you attack it too early. You have to wait for the skeleton to pull it out of the ground.

Edited by bikeman223

13 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I find it weird that the soul grinding seems pretty random, I can't find any drop rate stats. Also I seemed to have stopped getting XP, is this like Circle of the Moon where you stop getting XP if you're 10 levels over the enemy's level?

Edit: Nevermind, the Mandragora doesn't give XP or a Soul if you attack it too early. You have to wait for the skeleton to pull it out of the ground.

I dunno if it varies between enemies either but I would assume the tougher enemies have harder drop rates. There probably aren't many sources tabulating drop rates because most people probably never bothered with it until now.  I spent half an hour straight trying to farm Catoblepas to no avail but I got the Minotaur one in the same room on the third try. It annoys me as well because a lot of their abilities are completely worthless. I hope the other games aren't like this. 

41 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I dunno if it varies between enemies either but I would assume the tougher enemies have harder drop rates. There probably aren't many sources tabulating drop rates because most people probably never bothered with it until now.  I spent half an hour straight trying to farm Catoblepas to no avail but I got the Minotaur one in the same room on the third try. It annoys me as well because a lot of their abilities are completely worthless. I hope the other games aren't like this. 

I found DSS Cards easier to get in Circle of the Moon. Of course there are fewer of them and maybe I had good RNG. I did read an old forum post where someone cheated and gave themselves 999 Luck, it still took 30 minutes to farm some souls.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

I have the Japanese guide book for Aria of Sorrow, and here's what it has to say about the soul rates:

The Soul Acquisition Probability

At the moment a monster is defeated, you'll have a chance of obtaining its soul. This chance is calculated according to a numerical value called "Soul base" which varies by enemy.

Also, at that time Soma's LCK (luck) is further influencing the acquisition probability.

It might be a bit of a bother, but by using this following formula, it is possible to calculate the acquisition rate. For example, if the Soul base of a monster is 40 and Soma's LCK is 48, applying the formula gives you the answer that the soul acquisition probability is approximately 1,7%.

<Acquisition probability = 6 x 100% ÷ (32 + (soul base x 8) - (LCK's numerical value ÷ 16))>

In conclusion, the bigger the Soul base's numerical value is, the harder it is to acquire the soul from the monster.

Edit: Here, I typed up the Soul bases for each monster as listed in the guide book for people who want to calculate their chances (I can't calculate any accurate ready drop rates without knowing Soma's LCK, and each player has different LCK at any given moment depending on how they handle Soma):

01. Bat (7)

02. Zombie (180)

03. Skeleton (8)

04. Merman (7)

05. Axe Armor (30)

06. Skull Archer (12)

07. Peeping Eye (120)

08. Killer Fish (15)

09. Bone Pillar (180)

10. Blue Crow (30)

11. Buer (10)

12. White Dragon (10)

13. Zombie Army (12)

14. Skeleton Knight (10)

15. Ghost (20)

16. Siren (10)

17. Mini Devil (20)

18. Durga (40)

19. Rock Armour (69)

20. Big Ghost (8)

21. Wing Skeleton (12)

22. Minotauros (15)

23. Witch Trainee (20)

24. Arachne (10)

25. Fleaman (25)

26. Evil Butcher (9)

27. Quezlcoatl (15)

28. Ectoplasm (150)

29. Catoblepas (50)

30. Ghost Dancer (10)

31. Skeleton Waiter (12)

32. Killer Doll (50)

33. Zombie Soldier (30)

34. Gashadokuro (40)

35. Wood Golem (12)

36. Tsuchinoko (6)

37. Proserpina (50)

38. Lilith (15)

39. Nemesis (40)

40. Kyouma (30)

41. Chronomage (6)

42. Valkyrie (50)

43. Witch (7)

44.Kali (50)

45. Altair (18)

46. Red Crow (10)

47. Cockatrice (15)

48. Dead Trooper (8)

49. Devil (32)

50. Imp (15)

51. Werewolf (20)

52. Gorgon (20)

53. Disc Armour (25)

54. Golem (20)

55. Manticore (32)

56. Gremlin (15)

57. Harpy (12)

58. Medusa Head (120)

59. Bomber Armour (60)

60. Lightning Doll (56)

61. Great Armour (30)

62. Une (12)

63. Giant Worm (20)

64. Needles (15)

65. Man-Eater (15)

66. Fish Head (12)

67. Nightmare (20)

68. Triton (25)

69. Slime (12)

70. Big Golem (15)

71. Dryad (50)

72. Poison Worm (100)

73.Arc Demon (60)

74. Cagnazzo (20)

75. Ripper (30)

76. Werejaguar (20)

77. Ukobach (15)

78. Alura Une (60)

79. Bifron (20)

80. Mandragora (20)

81. Flesh Golem (20)

82. Sky Fish (1)

83. Dead Crusader (25)

84. Skeleton Kicker (2)

85. Weretiger (20)

86. Killer Mantle (13)

87. Mudman (11)

88. Gargoyle (180)

89. Red Minotauros (80)

90. Skeleton Beamer (15)

91. Alastor (25)

92. Scarmiglione (10)

93. Big Skeleton (12)

94. Gladiator (10)

95. Bael (20)

96. Succubus (5)

97. Mimic (30)

98. Stolas (25)

99. Erinys (120)

100. Rubicant (80)

101. Basilisk (30)

102. Iron Golem (20)

103. Demon Lord (30)

104. Final Guard (30)

105. Flame Demon (3)

106. Shadow Knight (20)

107. Collector (0)

108. Death (0)

109. Legion (0) (note: soul won't drop if you don't break all 4 shield pieces before the core)

110. Balor (0)

111. Julius (0) (note: no soul)

112. Graham (0) (note: no soul)

113. Chaos (0) (note: no soul)

Edited by Karl-Kai
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Karl-Kai said:

I have the Japanese guide book for Aria of Sorrow, and here's what it has to say about the soul rates:

The Soul Acquisition Probability

At the moment a monster is defeated, you'll have a chance of obtaining its soul. This chance is calculated according to a numerical value called "Soul base" which varies by enemy.

Also, at that time Soma's LCK (luck) is further influencing the acquisition probability.

It might be a bit of a bother, but by using this following formula, it is possible to calculate the acquisition rate. For example, if the Soul base of a monster is 40 and Soma's LCK is 48, applying the formula gives you the answer that the soul acquisition probability is approximately 1,7%.

<Acquisition probability = 6 x 100% ÷ (32 + (soul base x 8) - (LCK's numerical value ÷ 16))>

In conclusion, the bigger the Soul base's numerical value is, the harder it is to acquire the soul from the monster.

Edit: Here, I typed up the Soul bases for each monster as listed in the guide book for people who want to calculate their chances (I can't calculate any accurate ready drop rates without knowing Soma's LCK, and each player has different LCK at any given moment depending on how they handle Soma):

01. Bat (7)

02. Zombie (180)

03. Skeleton (8)

04. Merman (7)

05. Axe Armor (30)

06. Skull Archer (12)

07. Peeping Eye (120)

08. Killer Fish (15)

09. Bone Pillar (180)

10. Blue Crow (30)

11. Buer (10)

12. White Dragon (10)

13. Zombie Army (12)

14. Skeleton Knight (10)

15. Ghost (20)

16. Siren (10)

17. Mini Devil (20)

18. Durga (40)

19. Rock Armour (69)

20. Big Ghost (8)

21. Wing Skeleton (12)

22. Minotauros (15)

23. Witch Trainee (20)

24. Arachne (10)

25. Fleaman (25)

26. Evil Butcher (9)

27. Quezlcoatl (15)

28. Ectoplasm (150)

29. Catoblepas (50)

30. Ghost Dancer (10)

31. Skeleton Waiter (12)

32. Killer Doll (50)

33. Zombie Soldier (30)

34. Gashadokuro (40)

35. Wood Golem (12)

36. Tsuchinoko (6)

37. Proserpina (50)

38. Lilith (15)

39. Nemesis (40)

40. Kyouma (30)

41. Chronomage (6)

42. Valkyrie (50)

43. Witch (7)

44.Kali (50)

45. Altair (18)

46. Red Crow (10)

47. Cockatrice (15)

48. Dead Trooper (8)

49. Devil (32)

50. Imp (15)

51. Werewolf (20)

52. Gorgon (20)

53. Disc Armour (25)

54. Golem (20)

55. Manticore (32)

56. Gremlin (15)

57. Harpy (12)

58. Medusa Head (120)

59. Bomber Armour (60)

60. Lightning Doll (56)

61. Great Armour (30)

62. Une (12)

63. Giant Worm (20)

64. Needles (15)

65. Man-Eater (15)

66. Fish Head (12)

67. Nightmare (20)

68. Triton (25)

69. Slime (12)

70. Big Golem (15)

71. Dryad (50)

72. Poison Worm (100)

73.Arc Demon (60)

74. Cagnazzo (20)

75. Ripper (30)

76. Werejaguar (20)

77. Ukobach (15)

78. Alura Une (60)

79. Bifron (20)

80. Mandragora (20)

81. Flesh Golem (20)

82. Sky Fish (1)

83. Dead Crusader (25)

84. Skeleton Kicker (2)

85. Weretiger (20)

86. Killer Mantle (13)

87. Mudman (11)

88. Gargoyle (180)

89. Red Minotauros (80)

90. Skeleton Beamer (15)

91. Alastor (25)

92. Scarmiglione (10)

93. Big Skeleton (12)

94. Gladiator (10)

95. Bael (20)

96. Succubus (5)

97. Mimic (30)

98. Stolas (25)

99. Erinys (120)

100. Rubicant (80)

101. Basilisk (30)

102. Iron Golem (20)

103. Demon Lord (30)

104. Final Guard (30)

105. Flame Demon (3)

106. Shadow Knight (20)

107. Collector (0)

108. Death (0)

109. Legion (0) (note: soul won't drop if you don't break all 4 shield pieces before the core)

110. Balor (0)

111. Julius (0) (note: no soul)

112. Graham (0) (note: no soul)

113. Chaos (0) (note: no soul)

This seems accurate. The Shadow Knight’s soul took longer to drop then the soul base would indicate, however that might just be RNG. 

Edited by bikeman223

1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

This seems accurate. The Shadow Knight’s soul took longer to drop then the soul base would indicate, however that might just be RNG. 

Whenever there is no 100% chance of something happening, it is RNG. Even if you have a high chance of hitting the jackpot, it might still elude you for a long time, and vice versa. Luck is such a factor. I, too, had some common souls take a while to appear and got some rare souls to pop up quick in addition to getting the souls in a manner that truly reflects the acquisition percentage.

One thing I had to find out the hard way is that the Mandragora enemy in Aria of Sorrow only drops it's soul when it actually drew out the Mandragora and you kill it then. I killed it countless times hoping for the soul to appear and then just tried out to wait a little after getting a bit desperate only for it to drop after a few attempts... Just throwing that out there, because none of the guides mentioned this.

2 hours ago, DHawk12 said:

Do any of these games have missable trophies? I’ve never played any of them but sotn is one of my all time favorite games. I dont really want to go in blind or without knowing some key things so i dont have to restart.

Legion's Soul in Aria of Sorrow is missable if you don't completely destroy its outer shell before defeating it. I guess saving Maria and Annet is technically missable in Dracula X/ Vampire's Kiss, however if you follow a guide to get the best ending you should be fine. Link: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/563534-castlevania-dracula-x/faqs/48968

18 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Legion's Soul in Aria of Sorrow is missable if you don't completely destroy its outer shell before defeating it. I guess saving Maria and Annet is technically missable in Dracula X/ Vampire's Kiss, however if you follow a guide to get the best ending you should be fine. Link: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/563534-castlevania-dracula-x/faqs/48968

Ok, i think ill start dracula x first while i wait for a trophy guide. Plus im sure ill like that one the least so best to get that out of the way first lol.

Know that yellow souls improve in effectiveness the more you have and you get the maximum bonus at 10. Having a maxed out succubus soul on can ease the soul grind a bit and the soul drop ring will make it even better.

Edit: On that note can someone confirm that magician mode unlocks the DSS trophy? grinding Battle Arena is not fun

Edit Welp that's a no

Edited by majob

On 01/10/2021 at 2:50 AM, avatary1985 said:

How do you unlock Magician mode from start without clearing the game first?

Enter Magician mode does not get “it’s time to DSS” trophy which is need to manually collected. I can confirmed. 

22 hours ago, majob said:

Know that yellow souls improve in effectiveness the more you have and you get the maximum bonus at 10. Having a maxed out succubus soul on can ease the soul grind a bit and the soul drop ring will make it even better.

Edit: On that note can someone confirm that magician mode unlocks the DSS trophy? grinding Battle Arena is not fun

Edit Welp that's a no

Start Magician Mode and then save via the emulation screen thingie, and then load that save. It's how I got the trophy.

Edited by breakbeatkaos
  • Like 1

So after getting the plat (and also making it my number 250, not to brag (lol), just to show I really dig the advance line) I still wish they didn't include dracula x.

I hate that game with a passion. It has no place in this collection and it's nothing more than a bad version of rondo of blood ( I don't really like that either (still much more than dracula x) but I can totally see it's value as a true classic in castlevania history)

If we ever get a DS collection, I'm happy with the DS line. Less is more I guess.

I'm still interested if there is someone out there who thought "dracula x? finally, I love that game"

luckily there is the password system and only three easy trophies

17 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

So after getting the plat (and also making it my number 250, not to brag (lol), just to show I really dig the advance line) I still wish they didn't include dracula x.

I hate that game with a passion. It has no place in this collection and it's nothing more than a bad version of rondo of blood ( I don't really like that either (still much more than dracula x) but I can totally see it's value as a true classic in castlevania history)

If we ever get a DS collection, I'm happy with the DS line. Less is more I guess.

I'm still interested if there is someone out there who thought "dracula x? finally, I love that game"

luckily there is the password system and only three easy trophies

It should have been included with either Requiem or the anniversary collection. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:26 PM, Marloges said:

One thing I had to find out the hard way is that the Mandragora enemy in Aria of Sorrow only drops it's soul when it actually drew out the Mandragora and you kill it then. I killed it countless times hoping for the soul to appear and then just tried out to wait a little after getting a bit desperate only for it to drop after a few attempts... Just throwing that out there, because none of the guides mentioned this.

Ah I remember this when I was playing the GBA version a few months ago! Thanks for the reminder! I'll remember that this time once I start up the game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This work on Circle of the moon? 

It's Time to DSS:

You must first beat the game once through, doesn't matter what ending you get.
From the start menu, select new data and enter your name as "FIREBALL". This will start the game in magician mode. After the first cutscene with Dracula, you will fall down the chasm, proceed to be killed by the first skeleton bomber until you get a game over screen. Now hold R2 and press cn_left to rewind to before you were killed. The achievement should pop then.