End of the Year Goals?

Phlegeth

My main goal for the year was to earn more than 66 plats (Non trash-plats) in a year as that was my previous record and that 66 did include a decent amount of trash plats. Thats an average of 6 per month across the whole year. Currently sat on 56 for the year so far, so im still on target and I now actually only need to average 4 per month to acheive my target.

As a secondary target I wanted to try and get back into the 800's on country rank after a 3 year absence from there. im sat at 901 currently ?? Besides from that Ive just been trying to improve some of my stats overall. Got my Trophies per day up to 3.85, and got my overall completion rate up to the 75% mark. 

As a result of trying to reach my main goal ive ended up breaking a few of my long standing trophy records this year, so Im also going to try and break my record for most plats in one month too. I managed to equal my record of 12 in August but id like to beat it this year though im not sure its possible with the current backlog xD

10 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Awesome thanks! I've reached 59 plats and my next will probably be Persona strikers as that's what I'm going for next and it seems to have a good number of trophies, so hoping it stops dipping to 89 whenever i start a new game as I want to keep it above 90%. I assume if it's XP, games with a larger number of trophies especially golds and silvers would make a greater impact compared to games with only a small number of trophies?

I can't bring myself to go back and play ToS and ToZ with how boring they are and how grindy their trophies are as well, plus there's tons of great games I still have to play rather than going back to them. 

It boils down to the total amount of XP being the main basis for how much each game or trophy affections your completion.  As you add more games the amount of total trophy XP available to you increases.  Since the overall calculation is a fraction it's a bit like how one half is larger than one third, which is larger than one fourth etc.  If the number on the top stays the same, then the amount the fraction is worth goes down as the number on the bottom goes up.  What trophies the game has doesn't matter, it's the total XP worth of the game that matters.  Because in the end as far as completion goes, 1 gold is the same as 6 bronzes or 3 silvers.  To put it in simple terms, the more games you play the less effect to your completion each game has.  That's because 15 XP for a bronze is a smaller percentage of 10,000 XP than 1,000 XP.  Hopefully that makes sense because I know math isn't everyone's thing.

And I get you on ToS and ToZ and this is coming from someone who got the plat/100% for both (I played ToZ on Steam, not PSN).

• Like 1

Hmm.

I definitely want to finish up Hitman 2 this year.  I did all the Hitman 1 missions and trophies earlier this year, then took a break from it to work on other stuff.  There are about 50 trophies still to do, so that will take up a fair bit of time.  The lack of a platinum doesn't bother me at all, as the game is excellent and has immense replayability.

I also need to try and finish up Onimusha Warlords.  The damn Oni Spirits minigame is the only thing standing in my way; it's given me a lot of grief so far, but I'm determined to beat it and then complete my Ultimate playthrough for the platinum.

And, given EA's track record for shutting down games at short notice, I should probably knock out Need For Speed 2015 as well...

Edited by StewartBros

Yeah, I've got some.

1. Average of 5.00 trophies a day, which is feasible. 

2. S Grade Average. Don't know how tough this is to get. But since there are a lot of easy and EZPZ S ranks I've achieved, it's possible. 

3. More Rare and Very Rare Trophies. Don't know if I'll get my first ultra rare before 2021 is over. 

4. A trophy level over 400. I'm almost at 395, so it's very feasible.

5. 4200 total trophies. I've got less than 300 to go to reach that.

6. No more than 30 E grade games. I'm sitting at 30 right now and would like to get it down.

7. Keep rarity average below 77%

8. 65% completion average or higher

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 10:16 PM, LegendExeter said:

I'm shooting low here because I know some completions and plats will happen.

Yet my goal for EoY is to hopefully have the Gluteus Maximus trophy from Fat Princess.  Easily one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a video game ever.   I have 3 of 5 arenas complete.   Haven't put much effort into the Ranger yet the Mage is pure hell to deal with.  I've read every strat I could find and watched online videos over and over and over.  So fucking hard!

Task completed!

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/10/2021 at 7:27 AM, damage_6-9 said:

ok, in the last couple of months I have smashed 3 of my original targets ... so now am aiming for a final trophy count of 30,577. Which would give me a monthly average for the year of 666.

Think it will be a nice offset to all the Breakthrough games, lol

Objective achieved.

• Like 2

Before the clock strikes midnight on the first of January, I would like to be done with Silent Hill 2. I think I can do it if I practice a bit more and be meticulous with all of the various things I need to do. It's a lot to keep track of, but if I can do it I will have climbed one of my highest mountains :)

30 plats. I'm pretty sure I'll get it since I'm about to play Rift Apart. I'm not going for Jurassic World Evolution 2 unless the devs fix the game's bugs or there's a bug that makes Jurassic difficulty easier. The latest update made the game even worse in my experience. Right now I'm trying to get all the trophies except the five Jurassic challenge ones. 

My goal this year was to increase my completion percentage by going back to old games and getting them to or as close to 100% as I can.

I really want to mop up 3 games from the PS3;

Dragon Age Origins (waiting to find a decent physical copy that has all DLC since PS3 wont have discounts anytime soon)

Ni No Kuni

Dishonoured DLC trophies

Unfortunately my PS3 controller after being stored for nearly 10 years isnt looking too hot, if anyone knows of any really good 3rd parties I'd be happy for the recommendations. I did try using the DS4 but you cant use the home button and turning the console off just to get to the XMB was proving to be a pain.

Edited by Silocia

4 minutes ago, Silocia said:

My goal this year was to increase my completion percentage by going back to old games and getting them to or as close to 100% as I can.

I really want to mop up 3 games from the PS3;

Dragon Age Origins (waiting to find a decent physical copy that have all DLC since PS3 wont have discounts anytime soon)

Ni No Kuni

Dishonoured DLC trophies

Unfortunately my PS3 controller after being stored for nearly 10 years isnt looking too hot, if anyone knows of any really good 3rd parties I'd be happy for the recommendations. I did try using the DS4 but you cant use the home button and turning the console off just to get to the XMB was proving to be a pain.

I use My PS5 controller on my PS3 these days and it has made gaming on it so much better. So I recommend that as long as your PS3 controller still works though because you will need it for the PS home button as that is the only thing that will not work on the PS5 controller.