Oh God...Movie Tie-in??

So while the Hotel Transylvania 3's tie-in was a Pikmin-styled game, this seems to be more so just going for a co-op platformer with combat and puzzle elements which, while a bit too safe, fits for a children's movie tie-in game. Graphics look pretty poor but the gameplay might have some value, may nab it to see how it is if it gets to something like <$15.

Luckily it's not a complete movie tie-in since it is basically the pure opposite of the plot of the movie but it does use the same character designs which is fair since they're actually solid designs (sans maybe Pugsley).

Here's the trailer for anyone who doesn't wanna bother looking it up: 

Edited by SeedersPhD
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

So while the Hotel Transylvania 3's tie-in was a Pikmin-styled game, this seems to be more so just going for a co-op platformer with combat and puzzle elements which, while a bit too safe, fits for a children's movie tie-in game. Graphics look pretty poor but the gameplay might have some value, may nab it to see how it is if it gets to something like <$15.

Luckily it's not a complete movie tie-in since it is basically the pure opposite of the plot of the movie but it does use the same character designs which is fair since they're actually solid designs (sans maybe Pugsley).

Here's the trailer for anyone who doesn't wanna bother looking it up: 

Hmmm looks interesting, I actually kinda like the character designs, cause that's what they looked like in the old comics, but overall...looks very meh (watch it be like $30)

2 minutes ago, Exeshow678 said:

Hmmm looks interesting, I actually kinda like the character designs, cause that's what they looked like in the old comics, but overall...looks very meh (watch it be like $30)

...right...30 dollars...that would be outrageous...couldn't imagine it being something like $10 more then that...

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3824-CUSA25060_00-ADDAMSBASEGAME01/

2 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Either way it is a clear cash grab to go with a sequel for a movie that didn't even do very well if I remember correctly.

Animated films almost never fail because they're so low-risk. Key word there being "almost never" (Disney and their infamous "Mars Needs Moms").

The Addams Family animated movie released in 2019 had a budget of $24 million and made $203 million.

16 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Deathless trophies in a children's game...

Reminds me of the ben 10 trophies a bit.

Can't wait until peppa pig comes out and it has it's own mein leben mode.

There's already a peppa pig game. Email the devs. 

Edited by illninoese

9 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

It's ok so far. I mean, it is a kids game after all. No issues with glitching trophies. Should be done with it either today or Wednesday (depending on time and work etc) the not dying trophy was not hard at all. Especially if you do it in the first world. You just need to know what you're doing 

Do you have to do the not-dying thing in one sitting or can you replay the levels where you died?

15 hours ago, hizi90 said:

Do you have to do the not-dying thing in one sitting or can you replay the levels where you died?

Mine I did all in one sitting. I went back to world 1, did every level without dying. If I died, I exited and re entered. But I did it all at once 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Mine I did all in one sitting. I went back to world 1, did every level without dying. If I died, I exited and re entered. But I did it all at once 

I can confirm that you have to do it in one sitting. I tried to only do the level in which I died but it didn‘t pop. I had to replay all 6 levels.

• Like 1