PS Plus exclusive themes on the PS3 showing corrupted data when downloading

ChocoDoc1

Hello all I recently bought PS Plus on my US account and I remember there were PS Plus exclusive themes on the PS3. So I tried downloading some of them but after finishing and looking at my theme sertings, they were corrupted data. So after that I tried to buy the PS Plus Dead Rising 2 avatars that were bundled for 0.99 dollars and I installed them all one by one. After that I tried to change my avatars but they werent there in my account management when I wanted to change my avatar. So I went to my PS App to see that the avatars were there thankfulky but not in the PS3. Was this a known bug before or it happened just lately? 

I haven't been on my ps3 in ages but didn't they shut down the entire ps3 store? Like you can't buy anything, it's just what you already have now. That's whay I was pissed when I found out the only ps3 Ratchet and Clank game I didn't own came with deadlocked but it doesn't work anymore because they closed the ps3 and vita stores.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

I haven't been on my ps3 in ages but didn't they shut down the entire ps3 store? Like you can't buy anything, it's just what you already have now. That's whay I was pissed when I found out the only ps3 Ratchet and Clank game I didn't own came with deadlocked but it doesn't work anymore because they closed the ps3 and vita stores.

Dont worry! Sony changed their stance in the last minute! The PSN store is still available on the PS3.

PS3 stuff is wonky right now, it wants you to do account stuff through the app or on a current system. That's the issue with the avatars. As for the themes, I've had this problem in the past, even when the PS3 was the current system. Mark the name of the theme so you can find it later, delete the theme, redownload. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

PS3 stuff is wonky right now, it wants you to do account stuff through the app or on a current system. That's the issue with the avatars. As for the themes, I've had this problem in the past, even when the PS3 was the current system. Mark the name of the theme so you can find it later, delete the theme, redownload. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

So thats why the avatars were in my PS App! Ah delete them yes but redownload them from the psn store? Or in my download list?

17 hours ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

Ah delete them yes but redownload them from the psn store? Or in my download list?

Either that you can find them on. The store tends to not be as reliable to timed/exclusive content from years past, but your download list is going to be long and sprawling. When my PS3 decided to randomly delete my copy of an older SEGA room theme, I had to shift through everything to find it. Try first looking down your themes list in system, normally it'll also list themes you own but don't have downloaded.

I can't find it offhand, but there is a script that can scalp your PSN Store page and give you a readout of all the licenses on your account, with links to where. That might be useful in this situation as well.

As for the avatars, yeah. As of the PS4 you don't have to individually download avatars from the store, they are added to and loaded from your account settings. This can clog things up a big on your download list. I still have avatar downloads popup every now and then.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1