Is the Playstation Network giving you slow servers while you have fast internet?

BEST_OF_ALL_TlME

I believe the PSN is having major issues with online servers everywhere. Games that I normally don't have problems with have been giving me bandwidth and server speed issues starting this month. I thought it could be my internet or modem but after getting a new modem and checking internet speeds and websites, it seems to only be the Playstation Network itself as those problematic games are having the exact same issues and when doing a PS4 internet test, everything works except the connection to the Playstation Network. Then I try the test again 20 seconds later and then it shows that it's fine. It's fine sometimes but goes so bad that I can't even connect to the online portion of the game all while my internet to my computer is tested at blazing high speeds every time that I test it. I even have to run a Restore Licenses to unlock games purchased or game content purchased sometimes.

Maybe ever since Sony has worked with internet providers to slow down download speeds for downloads that it is somehow effecting download speed for gaming in general.

I tried to report it on the Playstation Network website but it only concludes that it must be an issue with the internet from the internet service provider.

BTW, I'm located in the USA and use a cable internet service provider. My internet is tested to have 236.9 Mbps download speed and 5.6 Mbps upload speed. I only use a wired connection. Never WIFI.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Edited by BEST_OF_ALL_TlME

11 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

It's been fine for me. It could be an old wire causing problems, the router/modem could be old and need to be replaced, your router/modem/PS4 may just need to be reset, or it could just be your ISP throttling you.

All those problems are ruled out. The internet itself tests out normal outside of the PS4 online connection.

I started to have issues on Friday September 24th with the PS3 cloud save having timeouts and communication issues. Now yesterday/today September25th/September 26th I'm having major issues with staying logged in on the PS3 and Vita, communication issues and timeout errors. PS3 PlayStation stores errors crashing my PS3 and auto restarting it. Takes forever to sync PS3 trophies if they do sync. PS3 cloud saves getting to 100% if they upload and just sitting at 100% for several minutes.

Tried my alternate accounts in other areas and it happens there too. Seems to be majorly impacting anything PS3/Vita, though the Vita store seems far more responsive.

PS4 slightly doing it too, but no way near as bad so far.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:54 AM, GAMERJET said:

I started to have issues on Friday September 24th with the PS3 cloud save having timeouts and communication issues. Now yesterday/today September25th/September 26th I'm having major issues with staying logged in on the PS3 and Vita, communication issues and timeout errors. PS3 PlayStation stores errors crashing my PS3 and auto restarting it. Takes forever to sync PS3 trophies if they do sync. PS3 cloud saves getting to 100% if they upload and just sitting at 100% for several minutes.

Tried my alternate accounts in other areas and it happens there too. Seems to be majorly impacting anything PS3/Vita, though the Vita store seems far more responsive.

PS4 slightly doing it too, but no way near as bad so far.

I think the PSN is not handling the large amount of players on it but they messed something up when they removed some support for the Playstation store. I also think the "appear offline" when you're online is having issues. 

Your ISP can choose to throttle any connections they choose at their whim. They’ll use any justification they want, but usually they oversold their bandwidth and gaming connections are more demanding so slowing those to give more bandwidth to other connections is a tactic some will use. Sometimes changing your DNS can help if it’s just a poorly managed network, but if they’re intentionally throttling there isn’t anything you can do about it except identify it, gather others shared experience to show it’s a trend and call it out publicly.