Create new account to fresh start

patrickdziura

I have a lot of games on my account that are from PS3, when I bought it. I had it for less than a year and I didn't care about trophies or platinum trophies.

In the end of 2019 I bought the PS4 and started to get some platinum trophies, but I have a lot of games that I'm not proud of (Energy Cycle, Drowning, etc.) and a lot of PS3 games that the platinum trophy is impossible and I have some 1% games from PS4 that I'll not play (Like Deus Ex, I have it on PC and I didn't like to play it on controller).

So, my question is, with PS5 and 38 platinum trophies, should I start fresh a new account and only play games that I will enjoy and at least try to get platinum trophy? Or should I leave this behind and try to complete as many as trophies in games (not necessary get platinum)?

I have a PC too, so, games that I know that are too hard to get platinum or with massive grind/multiplayer trophies, I could play on PC.

• Like 1

Depends on what you want your profile to be. For some people it is merely a summary of everything they played on console and the completion status is a sign of if they enjoyed it enough to complete it, for others completion percentage is rather important, you gotta ask yourself in what category you see yourself and if your current profile bothers you enough to get through the hassle of starting from scratch. You could view it as a challenge to get your completion as high as possible on your current profile, that way you get to keep your 38 plats, or if you want to be someone who builds and maintains a 100% profile you start a new one, though anyone bothering with 100% or close to 100% can tell you how much extra stress this can mean depending on your game choices.

• Like 4

Totally agree with Nighcisama.  You're the only one who will be able to answer this question.

I'll share what I recently went through because I'm pretty much in your same position.  I only really started to focus on trophies for the past year or so and have PS3 games I will never plat with low %'s.  Thought about starting a new profile so I could 100% everything on that.  I thought for awhile, and it seemed to be a lot more trouble than it's worth for me. 

So, I was thinking of only completing 100% for PS4 and recently started cleaning up old games.  Only had 2 trophies for Madden 17 and wanted to plat that one next,  I just bought it used since I gave my old one away to a friend.  Just found out today the MUT trophies are impossible because the servers are dead. :facepalm:  So I bought that crappy game twice for no reason :lol: It pissed me off, but what can I do about it?  Nothing.  Also concrete genie has VR trophies I won't get because I'm not buying PSVR.  So no 100% there either.  Maneater released DLC last month, but I already sold the game.  Do i want to rebuy that + the DLC just to 100% it??  These are the issues I'm running into.  So it's making me rethink my position on caring so much about these things when there are a lot of variables that can throw our trophy plans awry.  

• Like 1

Thanks a lot kinnyman and Nighcisama.

I thought a lot and I'll not create a new account, I'll keep my account and try to get as many as possible trophies from PS3 games that I started.

I didn't think about it as a history, but it is my history with Playstation. I'll never plat none of the Rock Bands, but I want to anyone who sees my profile, see that I played them.

And thinking better, I'm sure that if I create a new account, in some moment, I'll have some game that I don't want to plat, but played on that account. So, why bother? I'll try to not bother about it. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Why not do both? Have a new account as a side project but continue to use the current account too.

I thought about it, but I have a really long backlog and as I said, probably some game I'll not go for the plat and then I'll have the same problem. So I'll keep my current account and get as many trophies as possible from this older games

Like @kinnymansaid, having (and maintaining) a 100% profile is undoubtedly going to be more trouble than it's worth.  You'll either have to limit yourself to playing easy games that you may not enjoy, or you'll have to commit to potentially many MP boosts and spend many hours grinding out soul-destroying activities purely to maintain that full completion.

Don't worry about it too much, and just play what you want to play.  By all means, try to get the MP trophies wherever possible, but if a game's servers go down before you can finish it, then it's not the end of the world.  I lost out on MP trophies for the likes of Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Bulletstorm and Quantum of Solace (all on PS3) because I neglected those games until it was too late, but I just accepted it and moved on to the next game.  If you accept from the beginning that you almost certainly won't be able to finish everything, then you'll have a more enjoyable time.

You win some, you lose some.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...