Life is Strange Remastered Collection coming February 2022

22 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Hoping this gets a physical release.

22 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Looking at the options on the website’s pre-order pages it seems to be digital only

Wait, what? The physical release has already been announced, at least in EU. Both PS4 and PS5 pre-order options are up, on places like Play-Asia and such.

Edited by grifteskymfning

4 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Wait, what? The physical release has already been announced, at least in EU. Both PS4 and PS5 pre-order options are up, on places like Play-Asia and such.

Somebody needs to tell the official website, then. Cos right now it’s still only offering links to digital pre-orders

12 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I do too - I bear him no ill-will, but... yeah.

At a certain point, if that much of the world feels wrong to you, surely you have to start asking yourself, is the problem external... or internal...

I think in one of his posts, he admitted to being on the spectrum, so I cut him some slack and understand his inherent difficulty to connect or effectively communicate with others better.  

His rants do become quite repetitive but again, as long as you understand the autism components, it makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I actually haven't seen it up for pre-order anywhere except PlayAsia (which only went up in the past 24 hours to my knowledge), and I've checked all the big sites here in the UK (Amazon UK, Game, Argos, Shopto, etc.) as well as some smaller online retailers. Never heard about any kind of official confirmation of a physical release either.

The official LiS site still only lists digital storefronts for the game as well.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

On 15/6/2021 at 11:19 PM, AJ_Radio said:

The only reason to buy this is if you never experienced any of the Life is Strange games before. A bundle might be better than buying each game separately.

Regardless, I doubt if I will ever play another Life is Strange game ever again. I wasn't too particularly pleased with Life is Strange. They changed voice actors for Chloe in Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Life is Strange 2 looks like your boring, overly melodramatic teen drama bullshit with the usual preppy kids and overly sensitive, butthurt teens who become a focal point in the story.

These games are not for me, so I won't bother playing them.

I LOVE Life is Strange, and this game is not for you, im afraid. There is a lot of games out there with engaging gameplay and a generic protagonist killing enemies with a shotgun every two seconds, where the focal point in the story is basically that you are killing enemies with a shotgun every two seconds. You are probably not the target of LiS and thats ok. No need to trash on the game.

Edited by ValenTris7

On 6/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, ValenTris7 said:

I LOVE Life is Strange, and this game is not for you, im afraid. There is a lot of games out there with engaging gameplay and a generic protagonist killing enemies with a shotgun every two seconds, where the focal point in the story is basically that you are killing enemies with a shotgun every two seconds. You are probably not the target of LiS and thats ok. No need to trash on the game.

That’s fine. I just have an issue when some people spout that I’m outright trashing this series when I’m really just giving out my honest thoughts. 

I prefer stuff like Resogun and Nex Machina over Life is Strange. I don’t need a good story to enjoy a game. For people like yourself, that’s probably what you want. That’s great. We’re all different.

I just hope the 3rd one is at least as good as the first, haven't gotten to the 2nd one because it supposedly sucks. Still curious about it though lol may have to try it if it goes on sale. As for the remaster, it's completely pointless if you've played them already.

So slightly off topic, is Life Is Strange 2 a good game?

I bought Before The Storm and Life Is Strange 2 last year but I started playing Before The Storm first in about January.

I couldn't figure out easily how to get into that party at the beginning and I chatted with a few NPCs and some of the lines they or Chloe were saying just make me feel cringe. Played for about 30 minutes and I just felt, so bored. I just decided I didn't have time in my life for this game and starting playing Yakuza 6 instead. Quickly deleted the game along with the trophy list before I got a trophy pop.

As a result I never touched the 2nd game, I probably should have played that one instead.

Looks like a beyond pointless "Remaster"

Like, what the hell is this even (*featured in Life is Strange Remastered only*);

Good job Square Enix *facepalm*

On 2021-06-15 at 1:39 PM, demonoid321 said:

I'm confused by this. On there website you can Pre-Order it for both PS5 and PS4 but it directs you to the PSN store for the PS4? What's the point in remastering a game for a console that its already released on?

1) It's probably because its backwards compatible so they link it to the same place

2) There is no point

On 2021-06-15 at 2:11 PM, Play3GianniGreed said:

"No, apparently is it a PS4 game being remastered for the PS4. We have reached the pinnacle of remaster spam." 

The first game was on PS3, and it got a porting for PS4. 

Now this instead is a remastered version, it's a different thing. 

Wasn't it released on PS3/PS4/360/One/PC all at the same time? Regardless, pointless remaster that doesn't even look like a well made remaster.

• 1 month later...

Can somebody make this clearer please? Says on PSN for Pre-order.

"This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game."

So will there be two versions as in a PS5 version that's just not playing the PS4 version on the PS5 console? Does two versions also means two separate trophy lists for the both the Life Is Strange Remastered (PS4) and Life Is Strange Remastered (PS5) for example?

17 minutes ago, Eispan said:

"This product entitles you to download both the digital PS42122.png version and the digital PS52122.png version of this game."

So will there be two versions as in a PS5 version that's just not playing the PS4 version on the PS5 console? Does two versions also means two separate trophy lists for the both the Life Is Strange Remastered (PS4) and Life Is Strange Remastered (PS5) for example?

If it says that, then it has both a PS4 and PS5 version of the game - two downloads, two trophy lists. However, on the UK PSN listing, the remaster doesn't say that on the listing for the remaster, only on the page for the new game (which is coming to both platforms).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eispan said:

"This product entitles you to download both the digital PS42122.png version and the digital PS52122.png version of this game."

Where do you see that?

I only see this sentence on the True Colors store listings. When looking at the most expensive edition, which include the Remasters, I do believe that "cross-gen-sentence" only applies to the main game. https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP0082-PPSA02047_00-5779073639566652/

The Remaster standalone is listed as - so far - PS4 only: https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP0082-CUSA23981_00-8850820434007043/

• Like 1

I'm about to pre-order it reason why I keep on checking - in-case for some incredible reason the Ultimate Edition might be on a sale for a special price - it's a long shot but there's no harm in holding it off for a bit.  Anyway this is what the Ultimate Edition says on PSN.

✄ - - - - - - - - - - snip.

We all know that IOI annouced that the PS4 will be upgradeable for FREE on the PS5. Same with NMS, free upgrade and autopopping trophies in it's own list.  This is why I was wondering if it's the same for LIS Remasters on PS4 to have FREE PS5 upgrades with their own trophy lists.

EDIT: Having another look at the description, it does seem to be for LIS: True Colours... I may have misunderstood the descriptions. Oh well... my bad...

1 hour ago, dalailama1989 said:

Where do you see that?

I only see this sentence on the True Colors store listings. When looking at the most expensive edition, which include the Remasters, I do believe that "cross-gen-sentence" only applies to the main game. https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP0082-PPSA02047_00-5779073639566652/

The Remaster standalone is listed as - so far - PS4 only: https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP0082-CUSA23981_00-8850820434007043/

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

If it says that, then it has both a PS4 and PS5 version of the game - two downloads, two trophy lists. However, on the UK PSN listing, the remaster doesn't say that on the listing for the remaster, only on the page for the new game (which is coming to both platforms).

Yeah seems like it. I didn't check further and just relied of the Ultimate Edition which was what I was eyeing to get. I guess wishing too much that it is so got me blinded me for a bit there...

43 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

I cannot wait to play all of these on the PS5. I’m guessing True colors has two trophy lists one for PS4 and one for PS5
but no life is strange 2 remastered? 

Yeah you are correct, True Colours will have the two versions... But the remasters will be a PS4 only game which I suspect will be the playable version on the PS5.  No wonder some folks in other forums were asking for a "PS5 Remaster" for LIS/LIS:BTS... this didn't make sense to me at the time, now it does!

As for LIS2 Remastered, yeah I was hoping for this as well and maybe this time they include Captain Spirit with its own trophies within the game as DLC. I wouldn't mind purchasing this again...

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eispan said:

I'm about to pre-order it reason why I keep on checking - in-case for some incredible reason the Ultimate Edition might be on a sale for a special price - it's a long shot but there's no harm in holding it off for a bit.  Anyway this is what the Ultimate Edition says on PSN.

✄ - - - - - - - - - - snip.

We all know that IOI annouced that the PS4 will be upgradeable for FREE on the PS5. Same with NMS, free upgrade and autopopping trophies in it's own list.  This is why I was wondering if it's the same for LIS Remasters on PS4 to have FREE PS5 upgrades with their own trophy lists.

EDIT: Having another look at the description, it does seem to be for LIS: True Colours... I may have misunderstood the descriptions. Oh well... my bad...

Yeah seems like it. I didn't check further and just relied of the Ultimate Edition which was what I was eyeing to get. I guess wishing too much that it is so got me blinded me for a bit there...

Yeah you are correct, True Colours will have the two versions... But the remasters will be a PS4 only game which I suspect will be the playable version on the PS5.  No wonder some folks in other forums were asking for a "PS5 Remaster" for LIS/LIS:BTS... this didn't make sense to me at the time, now it does!

As for LIS2 Remastered, yeah I was hoping for this as well and maybe this time they include Captain Spirit with its own trophies within the game as DLC. I wouldn't mind purchasing this again...

Hey thanks man. I can’t wait to play all the games I’ll buy the deluxe edition or whichever entitles me to them all. But I’ll be sure to buy the PS4 version so I can potentially play the game twice lol and two trophy lists is a bonus! Kinda hope they are collectible based trophies similar to graffiti and photos :) 

On 31/07/2021 at 7:17 PM, FocusDR said:

Hey thanks man. I can’t wait to play all the games I’ll buy the deluxe edition or whichever entitles me to them all. But I’ll be sure to buy the PS4 version so I can potentially play the game twice lol and two trophy lists is a bonus! Kinda hope they are collectible based trophies similar to graffiti and photos :) 

It's gotta be the Ultimate Edition not just Deluxe, so make sure you purchase the right one. Ultimate includes the remasters while the Deluxe only has the extras for True Colours. Having now been established that the remasters are only on the PS4, I do hope that they'll eventually be made available on the PS5... I don't mind paying an upgrade fee of £10.00 for both but getting them FREE would be super great!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eispan said:

It's gotta be the Ultimate Edition not just Deluxe, so make sure you purchase the right one. Ultimate includes the remasters while the Deluxe only has the extras for True Colours. Having now been established that the remasters are only on the PS4, I do hope that they'll eventually be made available on the PS5... I don't mind paying an upgrade fee of £10.00 for both but getting them FREE would be super great!

Yes that’s what I was going to do, make sure I get the remaster entitlement and pay whatever it is as I am happy to support the game. 
I completely agree I’d pay an extra £10 for a ps5 upgrade, I’ve played the other games a handful of times. I love it :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Does the Ultimate Edition include both PS5 remastered Versions? Do they exist? Will they exist?

I am not sure, because the German shops says:

• Life is Strange Remastered (2022.02.01)
• Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered (2022.02.01)

So, I guess this would be the PS4 remastered Versions.

No dates showing up in the UK Shop, but both Ultimate Editions got the same number.

Edited by Arthur Dent
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2022 at 4:34 PM, Arthur Dent said:

Does the Ultimate Edition include both PS5 remastered Versions? Do they exist? Will they exist?

I am not sure, because the German shops says:

• Life is Strange Remastered (2022.02.01)
• Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered (2022.02.01)

So, I guess this would be the PS4 remastered Versions.

No dates showing up in the UK Shop, but both Ultimate Editions got the same number.

There are no PS5 versions of 1+BTS, those are PS4 games that only run in BC on a PS5.

• 1 year later...