[Rumor] Leaked Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Edition

ziggypossum

I found the remake rather unfairly maligned. Sure, a single playthrough is short but it is designed to be played through multiple times and all 4 (or was it 5?) runs of the game so far were a blast for me, just one more S-Rank Inferno run and I'll have the platinum. Then again, I didn't pay full price for it on release nor do I ever intend to play the Resistance or whatever the MP game was called.

• Like 3

So there are a couple of things that point towards this being fake.

This is the second time this supposed leak originated from 4chan. It was posted maybe a week ago with the same name but different cover art. It was quickly deduced to be fake when it turned out the cover art was made up of fan art and the Nemesis model from Dead by Daylight. The cover art is different this time and looks more convincing, but the name that details remain the same. 

Capcom's TGS show is on the 30th, not the 28th. The VA's tweet is unlikely to have anything to with TGS.

It could be true, but seems really unlikely. Only a few days till we know for sure.

• Like 3

If this is legit, can we get Jill in her actual classic outfit from OG RE3 that was promised as a preorder bonus, and not the weird skort thing she wore in the remake please? 

It’s definitely not a big thing at all but I’m all about the… nostalgia…

Edited by OTPYG
  • Like 2

So they are listening to fans by charging 60 bucks all over again for an upgrade of something that should have been there from the beginning, it's nice and all but I'll only get this when it's heavily discounted, a paid DLC would be way better or they could take that REsistance trash I never asked for but got anyway, btw I don't doubt it so many companies do that, the original Marvel vs. Capcom , Dragon Quest XI, Persona 5 Royal to name a few, doesn't matter how they dress it it's the same meat with more seasoning.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

https://www.somosxbox.com/filtrada-resident-evil-3-nemesis-edition-y-estas-son-sus-portadas/913414

Leaked Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Edition: these are its covers and details of what it includes:

- Standard Edition and Deluxe Pack

- Ray Tracing and 60 FPS for Xbox Series X, PC, PS5

- New zones, enemies and scenes

- Improved Nemesis AI

- Graphics improvements

-Surprise reveal at the Tokyo Game Show

Along with the long-awaited next-gen graphical enhancements, the highlight is that the game will feature new areas, enemies, and scenes. Perhaps Capcom has listened to the criticism of the users and includes forgotten parts of the original game, such as the mythical clock. The standard edition will come at a predictable price of € 69.99 and the Deluxe Edition will do so at € 79.99. Although we still have to wait for official confirmation, it is very likely that the information is true and that, as many fans have been asking, Capcom "has not forgotten about Jill." However, we will have to wait for the Capcom event to know all the details.

(Leaked) Resident Evil 3 "Nemesis Edition" cover and game details 1f440.png

Description:
• Standard Edition & Deluxe Pack
• Ray Tracing / 60 FPS for XSX, PC, PS5
• New Areas, enemies and cutscenes.
• Reworked Nemesis AI, graphical updates

Surprise Reveal at Tokyo Game Show 2021

fMNK6l7.jpg

New areas? Gee, I wonder what areas are gonna get added, as if the second cover wasn't a dead giveaway as it is!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

New areas? Gee, I wonder what areas are gonna get added, as if the second cover wasn't a dead giveaway as it is!

I think it's really cheeky that they cut out the final third of the game, and now it's being sold back as some sort of ultimate edition.

• Like 1

The initial release of RE3's remake still seemed fun, but it was really dumb of them to cut areas from an already short game due to said areas being "unrealistic".

(I think this was just an excuse; Capcom rushed the developers to get the game out the year after RE2's remake to bank off of the success of the latter sooner rather than later)

While it is nice to seem them hopefully and finally addressing the above problem, charging that much for it is not the right way to go about doing this in my honest opinion.

Should be $40 ($60 at most), offered on PS4 and Xbox One rather than just their respective successors, and discounted for those who've already purchased the initial release.

Still nice to see them doing something like this, as I honestly would've never expected it. (Especially after all the time that has passed since the remake initially came out)

That said, the pricing and next-gen exclusivity dampen the gesture a bit in my eyes. :/ (I don't personally think that this was always their intention, however, but that's just me...)

Edited by Zephrese

Wasn't this debunked as fake a while ago when it was revealed that Nemesis was actually his Dead by Daylight model and that Jill came from a fan art or something? However, I'd love for this to happen and while there is probably something going on with RE3R, this might not be it.

If this does happen, I hope they don't make anything like RE2R's RPD. It felt too long to me, especially you compare it to the other two areas (the sewers can be beaten in 20 minutes and you don't even need to be a speedrunner to do so). I remember just wanting to get out of there on my first playthrough.