[Rumor] Leaked Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Edition

ziggypossum

If this is real I would certainly hope that they would have some sort of upgrade path, even a  $10 upgrade since there’s more content wouldn’t be that bad. Having never played the og re3 I liked the remake but can see why others were disappointed. Hopefully this is real and capcom is trying to make amends, we’ll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

I’m not sure if this is believable or not. The addition of previously cut areas sounds a bit like wishful thinking, but Capcom charging $60 for it sounds like something they’d do. Honestly if this is real I’d give it a go, Remake 3 felt like it needed the cut areas for pacing purposes and this is coming from someone who never played the original.

Edited by bikeman223

What a joke. Such a disappointment after RE2 Remake. They’re just double dipping… really?

Also, I’m 90% sure that Twitter post is referencing an OG RE3 skin in Dead by Daylight. Maybe hardcore RE3 fans will prove me wrong but did the game ever have a connection to Daylight? If not, does them releasing an OG RE3 skin in Dead by Daylight not make total sense?

4 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

So they are listening to fans by charging 60 bucks all over again for an upgrade of something that should have been there from the beginning, it's nice and all but I'll only get this when it's heavily discounted, a paid DLC would be way better or they could take that REsistance trash I never asked for but got anyway, btw I don't doubt it so many companies do that, the original Marvel vs. Capcom , Dragon Quest XI, Persona 5 Royal to name a few, doesn't matter how they dress it it's the same meat with more seasoning.

I’d say P5R is a lot more than some seasoning. But to each their own.

4 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

AOF5Q61.jpg

So unless Capcom really likes to take off covers from magazines published in 2020, I think it's almost safe to say that this is fake.

That seems pretty definitive. However wouldn't the image used in the magazine originally have come from Capcom? They could reuse it for a hypothetical rerelease, but the simplest explanation is that this a fake that repurposed the image.

Edited by bikeman223

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

What a joke. Such a disappointment after RE2 Remake. They’re just double dipping… really?

Also, I’m 90% sure that Twitter post is referencing an OG RE3 skin in Dead by Daylight. Maybe hardcore RE3 fans will prove me wrong but did the game ever have a connection to Daylight? If not, does them releasing an OG RE3 skin in Dead by Daylight not make total sense?

I’d say P5R is a lot more than some seasoning. But to each their own.

The only thing I can think of is in the beginning when Jill says "September 28th... Daylight..."

18 hours ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

IMO no reason this can’t be on ps4 aswell obviously it won’t have ray tracing and all that but still.

I mean the Xbox cover says both series x and Xbox one so I imagine if this is real there would be a ps4 release

9 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Or maybe will be like Death Stranding Directors/ Final Fantasy 7 dlc only on PS5

The Xbox cover says both series x and one so I would highly doubt it. Though this could be completely fake so who knows lol

Edited by DeadmanStrife

Yeah, like someone else said this was debunked a while ago. It had a fake cover using the Nemesis model from Dead by Daylight and fan art for Jill. Secondly, the leak conveniently first popped up on 4chan when it was discovered that the steam version had some type of update or small DLC discovered within the stores code, or something along side those line. The Play Asia store leak is just the same guy doubling down on their efforts, using a different cover and more believable changes.

If the game were to have DLC it would've been something like a file akin to RE2. But I think this is a stretch as well as 8 already came out, and I don't think it's possible to connect 3 Remake with 4 Remake/ next game and make sense.

38 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Yeah, like someone else said this was debunked a while ago. It had a fake cover using the Nemesis model from Dead by Daylight and fan art for Jill. Secondly, the leak conveniently first popped up on 4chan when it was discovered that the steam version had some type of update or small DLC discovered within the stores code, or something along side those line. The Play Asia store leak is just the same guy doubling down on their efforts, using a different cover and more believable changes.

If the game were to have DLC it would've been something like a file akin to RE2. But I think this is a stretch as well as 8 already came out, and I don't think it's possible to connect 3 Remake with 4 Remake/ next game and make sense.

Lol kinda offtopic question, has any rumor that first appeared on 4chan in last few years turn out to be true? I may be forgetting some leaks, but I can't think of any legit one appearing there in last years? 

After comparing the DBD Nemesis's model and the fake cover, i can say it's definetly a fake news.

Update:

FALszQjVUAA5zEX?format=jpg&name=small

this is a phtoshop work from one of my friends, it took him maybe 10 mins. His motto is: Ni Shi Lai La Shi De Ba?

Edited by aimeraya
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Forunth said:

Lol kinda offtopic question, has any rumor that first appeared on 4chan in last few years turn out to be true? I may be forgetting some leaks, but I can't think of any legit one appearing there in last years? 

There is a possibility for 4chans leaks to be true sure. I think there was some for Smash Ultimate. 

But for me, casting aside the outlandish claims for this updated game, the fact that they used a photoshopped cover just removed all credibility to this particular leak. 

• Like 1