Exponential Growth of Easy & Fast Plats

Unknown_v2_0

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Part of it is I'm old, so I know what gaming was like before all of this. Trophy hunting can be fun, but again, engage with the software that actually interests you. 

Yeah hard for us older crowd to understand I think too how newer players feel. We know what it was like but this state is all they know...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

It's pretty simple for me: you should play what interests you beyond trophy hunting. Have a hard time believing you're playing ZJ the Ball because you think it's a good game when you could have played it 16 years ago. 

Part of it is I'm old, so I know what gaming was like before all of this. Trophy hunting can be fun, but again, engage with the software that actually interests you. 

12 minutes ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

Yeah hard for us older crowd to understand I think too how newer players feel. We know what it was like but this state is all they know...

A majority of people here are well in their 30s, though I understand there are people in their late teens who probably aren't aware of gaming prior to achievements.

I'd rather play the stuff that was on Miniclip.com and Albino Black Sheep than the crap infesting the store now. If you guys know what Miniclip was, then you've been around a while.

• Like 2

I have some friends who were in the top 100 and just gave up, some didn't even play this new wave of easy 2 min platinum games. and are currently playing and still getting trophies, but good games and something that provides fun. this 'trophy market' will continue to be explored, for the simple reason that there is demand. only a quality control would prevent something like this from proliferating. it's a bit comical this type of game that is below the average quality of a good mobile game , for example, have the endorsement of Sony to exist on ps5.

48 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

It's not all doom and gloom. One of the best things about gaming today is that even though the number of poor quality games has gone up, so has the number of great games. There are hundreds of plats out there from some really awesome titles that you could work on. Even if Sony stopped releasing games tomorrow, you could probably be set for the next decade. That's pretty amazing from where we were in 2011.

The issue is the amount of EZ games with EZ platinums that people just stack to oblivion. There are plenty of good games out there, but if you care at all about the leaderboards, then stacking a bunch of crap is the only real way to gain ranks.

Back in 2011, there were standards in place. Crazy to think that Hannah Montana, Terminator Salvation and even Magus are considered "medium" difficulty by today's standards. Indication that the standards themselves have definitely gotten worse, in regards to trophies.

• Like 1

Thank God I stay away from these trash-cheap plats.

when i started gaming i havent had internet connection,after I connected i found about psn.and then got into trophies.

BUT I spent thousands of hours just enjoying multiplayer not going for any trophies.

When I play games I am glad to get the most rare trophies.

If a game is stupid I dont even bother.

I rather prefer quality above quantity.

I like games with less trophies who dont give u trophies for every shit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HamiTosh said:

Thank God I stay away from these trash-cheap plats.

when i started gaming i havent had internet connection,after I connected i found about psn.and then got into trophies.

BUT I spent thousands of hours just enjoying multiplayer not going for any trophies.

When I play games I am glad to get the most rare trophies.

If a game is stupid I dont even bother.

I rather prefer quality above quantity.

I like games with less trophies who dont give u trophies for every shit.

Less is indeed more.

They're finally seeing the financial benefit of the trophy system, but still doing it wrong. 

The only trophy related stuff I am against is online trophies, purely because of how time based they are depending on community popularity and I hate that boosting shite. I'd just rather not buy the game than boost. And for completion profiles, they then lose back sales as there'd be no way to complete it a few years down the line. 

I've been helped and then helped others with that mode where you can take over there PS4 game and help out. That was an amazing addition to the trophy system as it reminded me of the old days when the pad would be passed among pals to get past certain parts of a game. Very awesome feature if not for the shite net lagging and stuff. 

But in terms of easy plats. It all depends on the game itself. If its one of these indie things which is purely to sell a game due to having an easy plat, then I see that as being no different to a microtransaction being abused like so many companies do. But if its a AAA game which has had a lot of effort put into the game but an easy platinum to obtain then thats fine. The game was the point you bought it, not the trophy list. 

The last truly difficult game I got game I got the 100% on was DMC3 or was it 4? It was on the 360 anyways. And after gaining enough experience to learn the game and that fucking 1 hit kill mode I did it but never had a sense of accomplishment, just glad it was over and then not too long after that played a really shite game which I quit and ditched the profile. 

End of the day though everyone is gonna have an opinion on this and its one of them where none of us are really wrong as its about what we want. Its all down to the devs/publishers on what kind of trophy list they want to make, be it for hardcore challenge or just used as a marketing too to sell the game. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

But in terms of easy plats. It all depends on the game itself. If its one of these indie things which is purely to sell a game due to having an easy plat, then I see that as being no different to a microtransaction being abused like so many companies do. But if its a AAA game which has had a lot of effort put into the game but an easy platinum to obtain then thats fine. The game was the point you bought it, not the trophy list. 

End of the day though everyone is gonna have an opinion on this and its one of them where none of us are really wrong as its about what we want. Its all down to the devs/publishers on what kind of trophy list they want to make, be it for hardcore challenge or just used as a marketing too to sell the game. 

Looking at the fast plats as a microtransaction is an interesting way to think about them... I like that analogy 

Even the AAA games use trophies somewhat as a marketing tool I think.  Since posting plats on twitter etc. so easier they make it the more will post.

I understand people can do what they want I am just trying to make others aware of this trend and where things are going and don't do beyond their means or prioritize this over their lives if they can't afford it or are doing it for other reasons like to compare to others etc. as its just gonna get easier and easier....

• Like 1

I think what is being missed here is that it isn't just the exponential growth of easy and fast plats.  Across all platforms whether they have achievements, trophies or nothing there is an exponential growth in the amount of games being offered in general.  This is making it especially hard for smaller and indie devs to get word out about their game to the people who would be interested in buying and playing it.  Players also have limited funds to buy games and play games.  But the fact is that one can't buy a game they aren't aware exists.

On top of that, digital only games gaining more acceptance has made it possible for devs to release shorter games.  A game like My Name is Mayo definitely wouldn't have worked ten years ago because they would have had to spend the money to make physical copies.  The game did well partially because the low pricetag made people more inclined to give it a shot.  However, easy achievements/trophies actually played a part in getting word out about the game.

I agree that the growth is going to get worse, but not just because players like easy trophies.  A lot of people who play games don't care about trophies or achievements and those who care about plats or 100% are actually still a niche in gaming.  The growth is going to get worse because for smaller devs especially, it's going to be better for them in the long run to make shorter and easier games. The benefits for the devs are high.  They can release more games and spend less time in development so they can charge less and increase the chances of the game doing well.  On top of that people are more likely to actually finish a short and easy game and leave good reviews if they enjoyed the game.  Keep in mind that the average player only is going to give a game a few hours to hook them before they move on to something else.

So pretty much my point is that it's not so much that short and easy plats attract people.  It's that short and easy games have so many ways that they benefit smaller and indie devs who can't afford taking risks with long games with fancy graphics that take forever to release like the AAA devs can.  These days even AAA devs can barely afford to take the risk of a game flopping entirely.  A lot of game devs have gone out of business because it's a rough market to sell to and make a profit from because it's so oversaturated and gamers have too many games to draw their attention and either not enough money to buy them all or time to play them or even both.  Looking at the top of the leaderboard only gives part of the picture because those players are the ones who have money to spend and time to play games because even easy games take some time to play and they do cost money.

• Like 3

I get where you're coming from, but the fact is these throwaway games are flooding the store. Another problem is indie developers fare far better on Steam because there is a far bigger audience for indie games on that platform. Sony these past couple years has actively discouraged indie developers from releasing their products onto the PS4/PS5. Steam is far more profitable, therefore it makes more logical sense from a business standpoint to release indies on there.

I would absolutely love to see Rogue Legacy 2 get released on PS4 and PS5, but that doesn't look like it will happen, at least anytime soon. But even if that does get released on a Sony platform, it will more than likely be overshadowed by the constant EZ games that get hundreds of recent players the week they come out.

I believe part of @Unknown_v2_0s argument is the exponential growth occurred with Ratalaika came into the picture. But I also think that My Name is Mayo helped usher in more easy games.

A lot of old games from the PS3 generation and early PS4 era could not get a platinum. I read somewhere that the makers of Blacklight: Retribution were not allowed to have a platinum trophy for their game. Magic Orbz, one of the early PSN games from around 2008 - 2009, gives you only a gold trophy for getting all the other trophies in the base game trophy list. Today that would be unthinkable, because the standards have drastically changed since those early days.

I'm not going to defend ZJ the Ball because it's easy and accessible for most of us. It's a pile of crap, which is over 15 years old in fact, but is one of those series where you can stack multitudes without putting in any real effort. The real problem I think is too many people here are just looking for what is the fastest and easiest as opposed to playing a game that interests them from a gameplay perspective.

There's a difference between easy and enjoyable, and just putting out easy games because you're taking advantage of a niche audience who is addicted to trophies. There are many good and decent PS4 games that only take a couple hours to finish, that I feel are well worth the time spent. I'm sorry, but I cannot defend stuff like ZJ the Ball, it's so blatantly obvious.

The best platform is Steam, particularly for these indie developers like I said already. A lot of game developers have gone out of business, but unfortunately that's always how the gaming industry has been.

The trophy hunting hobby has changed, and so has its audience. Back in 2015 - 2016 I would regularly look up videos on YouTube to find the easiest games people thought were worth playing. There was a variety of titles, stuff like the Artifex Mundi hidden object games, games like Nubla, some strategy games like Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO. Today, I look at the latest titles and there's a bunch of games with a 95 - 99 percent platinum trophy rarity, that people basically completed in just a few short minutes. To even post trophy guides on those games is laughable.

My point is we should stop defending developers who are out to make a quick buck, and support developers who put in the time and effort to make a good game. Releasing more games in quick succession isn't necessarily a good thing.

Trophy hunting today is all about quantity over quality, and it shows with all these throwaway titles entering the Sony platforms.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I get where you're coming from, but the fact is these throwaway games are flooding the store. Another problem is indie developers fare far better on Steam because there is a far bigger audience for indie games on that platform. Sony these past couple years has actively discouraged indie developers from releasing their products onto the PS4/PS5. Steam is far more profitable, therefore it makes more logical sense from a business standpoint to release indies on there.

That's no longer true.  It was the case during the PS3 gen, but Steam made a really crappy decision a few years back to try and limit the amount of low quality games by limiting the profile features of new releases until they get past a certain point of sales and reviews that is unknown to even the dev.  Of course this doesn't affect AAA devs at all, only the indies  That hurt indie devs a lot because the limited profile features also means no trading cards which are a huge draw for new games.  On top of that, Steam is so flooded with new releases every day that it's very hard for indie games to get any visibility and the way the store works, there is definitely more bias towards popular games getting any visibility.  Reports from indie devs are saying that the platform they do the best on now is the Switch, but in general they do better on consoles than on PC which is why more of them are turning to publishers like Ratalaika to get their games ported.  Honestly, the only way I find out about good indies these days is by looking at what my friends are playing.  The store itself is worthless to find new games that could be of interest.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Oh, this again.

Here's a point I never seen made in these easy trophy threads, selling to casuals increases profits. Sure, a decade ago we enjoyed harder trophies, but the audience has changed a lot since then. There is now more media than ever demanding a single persons attention. As a result media is designed around the idea that the average person doesn't have infinite time to consume everything, so make it short and snappy. We can (and will, dear god) pontificate about the psychology behind why people are buying 2 minute plat games en masse (I still subscribe to the 'more is better, Action 52' idea) and the effect it may or may not have on achievement hunters of all ranks, the bottom line is right there in front of us. It's quick, it's cheap and that's enough when there are dozens of other games clamoring for your eyes.

I agree with @Cassylvania as well. We're at a point where it all averages out and the wide selection of things to play isn't a bad thing, even factoring in the bottom rung. Forget the PSN, there's enough quality games from before the PS1 to keep any one of us busy for years to come. And if I get an itch for achievement hunting, RetroAchievements exists. 

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 2

I’ll say the same thing I always do on these threads: to each their own.

As someone who plays them (I don’t do regional stacks), I still am having a lot of fun. Some of them are tricky and require skill, others are just funny, some are frustrating, and some are a joke. But it’s a mix. And I mix my efforts with these games with hard ultra rare ones…currently 250 hours into EDF 4.1, doing Inferno runs.

And unless you’re immersed in the new and growing market and play these, it’s hard for me to accept your opinion as you’re just talking off hand.

I enjoy chasing the leaderboard. Have the money to spend and I budget well. Not duped or lured or addicted by it. Just playing for fun!

• Like 1

I truly don’t understand the need for yet another thread on this topic.

Is anybody on here really oblivious to the rise if ezpz games and needs to be made “aware”?

I’m perfectly happy with everybody grinding as many ezpz stacks as their heart desires. But those who haven’t changed their gaming habits should be given some sort of ranking system to compete with their peers too. It is after all a significant part of what brought ppl to this place to begin with. 

So really the only awareness I can see should be raised with @Sly Ripper.

I want to tag him each and every day to try & hammer it home that this place needs a rarity leaderboard.

This site was created to have ppl gaze at their profile and marvel at their own accomplishments. And at least half of sly’s customer base is no longer getting the same sense of accomplishment out of using the (standard) leaderboard.

“So you finished rdr2? Good job, enjoy your 50 spots loss in the ranking, bud.”

Would you PLEASE get on that, Sly?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

Looking at the fast plats as a microtransaction is an interesting way to think about them... I like that analogy 

Even the AAA games use trophies somewhat as a marketing tool I think.  Since posting plats on twitter etc. so easier they make it the more will post.

I understand people can do what they want I am just trying to make others aware of this trend and where things are going and don't do beyond their means or prioritize this over their lives if they can't afford it or are doing it for other reasons like to compare to others etc. as its just gonna get easier and easier....

I think another problem is the 'entitled' feeling that gamers can have towards trophies/achievements. 'I bought the game, I should be able to unlock them anyway I want' bullshit. Don't get me wrong I would love to keep my completion going and nowadays there are more and more ways to give you opportunities to keep your completion even for single player games. But runs come to an end and it doesn't always end glorious. 

But I think devs/publishers are now bowing to it. Yes use it as a marketing tool by all means, but don't sell out on the challenge of what gaming is about. 

I remember back when I saw a Facebook game have an option to either wait a day or buy a ticket to play sooner. Then that changed to 'having problems with the game? How about this purchase pack which has loads of items to make it easier for you!'. Now a switched on mind says 'hang on, you're saying if things are too tough then you should have the option to buy your way to the top?' As this is the correct method of thinking as what f**king example are they setting to the younger ones playing.  You may even have some people that think its fine and they get to spend there work money on something they enjoy. For that opinion they're are indeed entitled to buy what they want, but you have to explain how wrong the transaction is because of the message its sending as well as the doors its opening for more incorrect teachings to make money from people. 

Trophies are sort of the same but harder to argue with because the unlocks aren't so much about the gamer beating the companies, but gamers against gamers, especially in a social environment like this where some people will see others stats as a slap in the face. But you have to tell those people to relax and realise just because they own it doesn't mean they know how to work it. If you can do that, then I think thats the only time developers and publishers will see the craving for challenge back in gamers, but it now depends how much trophies can make for them in money. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

That's no longer true.  It was the case during the PS3 gen, but Steam made a really crappy decision a few years back to try and limit the amount of low quality games by limiting the profile features of new releases until they get past a certain point of sales and reviews that is unknown to even the dev.  Of course this doesn't affect AAA devs at all, only the indies  That hurt indie devs a lot because the limited profile features also means no trading cards which are a huge draw for new games.  On top of that, Steam is so flooded with new releases every day that it's very hard for indie games to get any visibility and the way the store works, there is definitely more bias towards popular games getting any visibility.  Reports from indie devs are saying that the platform they do the best on now is the Switch, but in general they do better on consoles than on PC which is why more of them are turning to publishers like Ratalaika to get their games ported.  Honestly, the only way I find out about good indies these days is by looking at what my friends are playing.  The store itself is worthless to find new games that could be of interest.

Steam was the platform that made indies a thing in the first place. The gaming industry prior to the PS3 generation was all about AA and AAA titles. Largely because back then, the internet wasn’t nearly as technologically advanced as it is today. 

The Switch is underpowered, so it has to rely on Nintendo exclusives and indie developers. The PC I feel is still the best platform for the indie market. Unfortunately, Steam is so massive at this point that people refer to it as the ‘end all, be all’. 

Steam, like everybody else, cares only about money. They’re no different than Walmart, they can piss off a few million people and still not even have a dent made against them. Smaller websites that sell digital games, including GOG.com, don’t have that luxury.

Video games are the biggest entertainment venue in existence. 

6 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Oh, this again.

Here's a point I never seen made in these easy trophy threads, selling to casuals increases profits. Sure, a decade ago we enjoyed harder trophies, but the audience has changed a lot since then. There is now more media than ever demanding a single persons attention. As a result media is designed around the idea that the average person doesn't have infinite time to consume everything, so make it short and snappy. We can (and will, dear god) pontificate about the psychology behind why people are buying 2 minute plat games en masse (I still subscribe to the 'more is better, Action 52' idea) and the effect it may or may not have on achievement hunters of all ranks, the bottom line is right there in front of us. It's quick, it's cheap and that's enough when there are dozens of other games clamoring for your eyes.

So ultimately, everyone has lower attention spans. 

Anything that takes a bit too much effort is automatically skipped, which is what most casuals do. 

Most old PSN games are practically dead, because they take more time and effort than most are willing to give. The guy putting out ZJ the Ball couldn’t care about the quality, because all of those titles are fast two, five minute platinums. He knows his audience. 

Even stuff from a few years ago like Her Majesty’s Spiffing is barely played. Why play a game that takes 40 to 60 minutes to complete when you can finish several incredibly fast games with less than 10 minutes time for the platinum?

That’s the change in the community. Casuals who trophy hunt probably aren’t even aware of those older games because they weren’t around. But they enjoy those fast titles because of the easy trophies and the developers who made them are cashing in. 

Far easier and much less of a risk than making an indie game that is difficult, which automatically turns off casuals because again, that requires more time and effort than they’re willing to give. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Steam was the platform that made indies a thing in the first place. The gaming industry prior to the PS3 generation was all about AA and AAA titles. Largely because back then, the internet wasn’t nearly as technologically advanced as it is today. 

The Switch is underpowered, so it has to rely on Nintendo exclusives and indie developers. The PC I feel is still the best platform for the indie market. Unfortunately, Steam is so massive at this point that people refer to it as the ‘end all, be all’. 

Steam, like everybody else, cares only about money. They’re no different than Walmart, they can piss off a few million people and still not even have a dent made against them. Smaller websites that sell digital games, including GOG.com, don’t have that luxury.

Video games are the biggest entertainment venue in existence. 

I'd beg to differ:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/feature_what_developers_really_think_about_the_nintendo_switch_in_2019

This article has multiple indie devs outright saying their sales were better on the Switch than on Steam.

Here's some stats regarding indie game income on Steam:

https://vginsights.com/insights/article/infographic-indie-game-revenues-on-steam

That indicates that the median sales an indie game gets on Steam is under $4,000.  Over 50% of indie games released don't get that high. That's why so many indie devs release one game and vanish.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, ladynadiad said:

I'd beg to differ:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/feature_what_developers_really_think_about_the_nintendo_switch_in_2019

This article has multiple indie devs outright saying their sales were better on the Switch than on Steam.

https://vginsights.com/insights/article/infographic-indie-game-revenues-on-steam

That indicates that the median sales an indie game gets on Steam is under $4,000.  Over 50% of indie games released don't get that high. That's why so many indie devs release one game and vanish.

We're already getting too far off topic here. What I was trying to say is good indies that make it to Sony are generally ignored in favor of EZ games. Despite the treatment Sony has adopted these past couple years, there are still plenty of good indies if you look hard enough. Worthwhile, not too overly difficult.

EZ games should of stopped with Orc Slayer and Undertale, because they're already pretty easy. Quality doesn't matter in regards to trophies. However, the current trend of people chasing the leaderboards is they will play any pile of shit for quick easy trophies over a game that may take a little longer, but offers a lot more replay value.

People chasing the leaderboards have made their favorite hobby a full time job. I never had any intention to make trophy hunting a job at all, I just enjoy it as a hobby. That's the point of the OP. If you prefer easier games, that's great. But don't be an addict. That's something that a majority of people ranked in the top 1000 worldwide seem to have adopted.

It's not rare to find somebody with over 20,000 - 30,000 trophies, but whose profiles mostly consist of EZ games taking up multitudes of stacks.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 5:43 PM, ladynadiad said:

I'd beg to differ:

This is more due to the massive influx of games more than anything else; 10,263 games released on Steam in 2020 compared to 276 just a decade prior. Indie games sell great on Steam and the number of owners usually range from double to 10-20x what they are on PS, and especially Xbox. There was even a site (now shut down) that tracked every game's players using My PS4 Life calculations and you could compare that to SteamSpy. Additionally, many devs that have released sales data showing how poorly indie games sell on PS, with few exceptions. Switch has been very popular for indies though and is the only platform that is really comparable to Steam for indies. If you care about indies, you need to be on Steam or Switch, it's just as simple as that. 

Devs initially saw success on Switch because there wasn't many options so their games were more heavily promoted, but now there is a great deal more competition. Nintendo also has pretty terrible store navigation and discovery, while Steam is pretty much unmatched in that regard and completely blows them out of the water. If anything, Steam is too good at it nd people just end up buying too many games to ever even play lol

Edited by machaesthetic

1 hour ago, machaesthetic said:

This is more due to the massive influx of games more than anything else; 10,263 games released on Steam in 2020 compared to 276 just a decade prior. Indie games sell great on Steam and the number of owners usually range from double to 10-20x what they are on PS, and especially Xbox. There was even a site (now shut down) that tracked every game's players using My PS4 Life calculations and you could compare that to SteamSpy. Additionally, many devs that have released sales data showing how poorly indie games sell on PS, with few exceptions. Switch has been very popular for indies though and is the only platform that is really comparable to Steam for indies. If you care about indies, you need to be on Steam or Switch, it's just as simple as that. 

Devs initially saw success on Switch because there wasn't many options so their games were more heavily promoted, but now there is a great deal more competition. Nintendo also has pretty terrible store navigation and discovery, while Steam is pretty much unmatched in that regard and completely blows them out of the water. If anything, Steam is too good at it nd people just end up buying too many games to ever even play lol

Steam's store really isn't much better for navigation and finding new games.  Everything is highly biased towards things that are popular and getting lots of positive ratings, which are the games that don't really need more boosting in attention.  It's the games that have positive ratings, but not many of them and are being passed up that need more attention.  But the overall biggest issue is what I pointed out in my earlier post: gaming is oversaturated in general.  So many games are being released that it's very hard to get word out about any one game any longer.  It used to be that you could just regularly check the list of new releases and take a closer look at what looks interesting, but that's hard to do with 100+ games coming out most weeks.  I can still look through new releases on PSN, but on Steam it's just too overwhelming now.

5 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Steam's store really isn't much better for navigation and finding new games.  Everything is highly biased towards things that are popular and getting lots of positive ratings, which are the games that don't really need more boosting in attention.  It's the games that have positive ratings, but not many of them and are being passed up that need more attention.  But the overall biggest issue is what I pointed out in my earlier post: gaming is oversaturated in general.  So many games are being released that it's very hard to get word out about any one game any longer.  It used to be that you could just regularly check the list of new releases and take a closer look at what looks interesting, but that's hard to do with 100+ games coming out most weeks.  I can still look through new releases on PSN, but on Steam it's just too overwhelming now.

I mean Steam has tons of filtering and hiding options, tags, wishlists, similar games, discovery queue, more like this, game relevancy, curators, reviews, forums, etc. It's really not even remotely close. Steam can't change the fact that tons more indie devs are releasing games; all they can do is choose to raise their standards for what they allow on the store, which is just pointless because Steam has tons of tools to help you make an informed purchase and also a great refund system (whereas the consoles absolutely do not). Steam as a storefront is miles ahead of any of the consoles, it's not even a competition at all.

While some found success on Switch back when it was new, players were game starved, and the store had little competition, that is not really the case anymore, and now Switch is suffering from the same problem as it gets oversaturated as well. However, Steam has a much larger userbase that buys much more indie games in general, so games will sell better on there compared to Switch (and way better compared to Xbox/PS). Even AA and AAA studios are realizing the sales potential of PC, with Capcom for example just recently saying it wants to focus on PC as its main outlet for software, not to mention the Nvidia leaks that shows a huge portion of Sony's first party is heading to PC.