angelbless45

Save Transfer and "Auto pop" of Trophies (If you are still struggling with it)

12 posts in this topic

After 4 hours of trying, watching tons of videos, reading forums posts, and switching from one version to another (and getting, strangely, only the "Alchemist" trophy to pop up ), I was finally able to get it to work! In case anyone still has doubts, this is the way I did it (in case it wasn't as obvious as it was to me).

PS4 (or PS4 version)

• I started on PS4 and, after the update, I had 3 slots which shown a "Synchronization Conflict". I panicked (as everyone else), however, I remembered that I only played in the first one (it may be different save in your case, the important thing is that you select the one in which you have obtained 100% and thus the platinum). Choose this file.
  • You will get an error that tells you that the "Local saved data is different from the one stored on the cloud". Don't worry! 
  • Select "Upload" data (This is extremely important!). If you did it right, you will be able to select the chapters normally.
  • Play the last chapter until the end (at least that's what I did ). This will cause the sync conflict error to go out from the PS4 version.
  • Do a double check by exiting to the main menu and returning back to the slot selection screen by  pressing circle.

PS5

• Before you start the PS5 version of the game, make sure there are no save files from the game on the cloud or on the PS5 console (delete them if you found any).
  • Start the PS5 version of the game and get to the Slot Selection screen. You will see the same "Synchronization Conflict" under each slot. Don't worry! 
  • Select the slot that you previously uploaded (in my case it was the first one). and you will get the same message> "Local saved data is different from the one stored on the cloud"
  • However, this time choose "Download" data. This way you can finally access your old save data and see the chapters selection option.
  • Choose the last chapter (I did that for consistency purposes) and you will see all the trophies pop up in one go.

I hope this helps someone, since in my case I was going crazy and I could not find any post that worked for me.

Finally, it is possible that this works with the trial version, however I was not able to test it.

Edited by angelbless45

Can you play and earn the platinum on PS5 first and then just auto pop the PS4 Platinum?

1 hour ago, PortaLuna said:

Can you play and earn the platinum on PS5 first and then just auto pop the PS4 Platinum?

Yes, it works both ways

I can confirm that it sadly doesn't work for Trial Version, I'm stuck on the screen after pressing the last chapter or even "Continue", and i platinumed it on PS5 already and i tried Auto Popping it on PS4 ver. 

Yeah, it happens same to me, is there any other solution, some people did it from ps5 to ps4 trial!?

Edited by gagovic-brothers

1 hour ago, gagovic-brothers said:

Yeah, it happens same to me, is there any other solution, some people did it from ps5 to ps4 trial!?

Not possible, It didn't work for me when i tried so i ended up buying the game myself because it was on sale so yeah sadly idk any other solution.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:35 AM, angelbless45 said:

After 4 hours of trying, watching tons of videos, reading forums posts, and switching from one version to another (and getting, strangely, only the "Alchemist" trophy to pop up ), I was finally able to get it to work! In case anyone still has doubts, this is the way I did it (in case it wasn't as obvious as it was to me).

PS4 (or PS4 version)

• I started on PS4 and, after the update, I had 3 slots which shown a "Synchronization Conflict". I panicked (as everyone else), however, I remembered that I only played in the first one (it may be different save in your case, the important thing is that you select the one in which you have obtained 100% and thus the platinum). Choose this file.
  • You will get an error that tells you that the "Local saved data is different from the one stored on the cloud". Don't worry! 
  • Select "Upload" data (This is extremely important!). If you did it right, you will be able to select the chapters normally.
  • Play the last chapter until the end (at least that's what I did ). This will cause the sync conflict error to go out from the PS4 version.
  • Do a double check by exiting to the main menu and returning back to the slot selection screen by  pressing circle.

PS5

• Before you start the PS5 version of the game, make sure there are no save files from the game on the cloud or on the PS5 console (delete them if you found any).
  • Start the PS5 version of the game and get to the Slot Selection screen. You will see the same "Synchronization Conflict" under each slot. Don't worry! 
  • Select the slot that you previously uploaded (in my case it was the first one). and you will get the same message> "Local saved data is different from the one stored on the cloud"
  • However, this time choose "Download" data. This way you can finally access your old save data and see the chapters selection option.
  • Choose the last chapter (I did that for consistency purposes) and you will see all the trophies pop up in one go.

I hope this helps someone, since in my case I was going crazy and I could not find any post that worked for me.

Finally, it is possible that this works with the trial version, however I was not able to test it.

I downloaded the PS5 and when I loaded up the game the slots did not say syn con? I clicked on the slot and backed out and it just show the level and stuff needed in that level what gives?

Edited by Titanomachy_75

Boo I say Boo to lazy gaming and Autopopping.

If you get a game PLAY IT dont just be lazy and do a cheap autopop such an insult to games.

I hope one day this becomes something that is actively stopped and prevented from happening anymore

On 28/11/2021 at 0:06 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I downloaded the PS5 and when I loaded up the game the slots did not say syn con? I clicked on the slot and backed out and it just show the level and stuff needed in that level what gives?

Did you get the platinum on the PS4 version? Did you start doing everything from there? Double check if no save files were created either on the PS5 save storage or downloaded from the cloud on the PS4 save storage. Also, can you boot up your save from the PS4 version?

7 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Did you get the platinum on the PS4 version? Did you start doing everything from there? Double check if no save files were created either on the PS5 save storage or downloaded from the cloud on the PS4 save storage. Also, can you boot up your save from the PS4 version?

I plat the ps4 

On 11/28/2021 at 11:59 AM, Big-Brady said:

Boo I say Boo to lazy gaming and Autopopping.

If you get a game PLAY IT dont just be lazy and do a cheap autopop such an insult to games.

I hope one day this becomes something that is actively stopped and prevented from happening anymore

Why though?

I mean, I agree in general specifically hunting for platinums via auto pop shouldn’t be a thing, and I’ve earned platinums on games twice from scratch more than once, and I’ve also autopopped at least one. 

But, like, what difference does it make? At the end of the day, nobody REALLY cares if someone earned 2 or 200 platinum trophies on a PlayStation in the real world. It’s not going on my resume for a job. 
If anything some games are annoying when they don’t have it. Elder Scrolls Online, a game I never got near platinum sure, but a game where I had to start from scratch on the PS5 to get those trophies I had once earned on the PS4 version despite the account being cross generational. 

Regardless how you look at it, nobody gives a damn about our platinum trophies. It’s just an indicator of progress, and everyone can see plain as day if someone autopopped one based on how long it took to earn so it’s not like they can really lie about it anyway. 

6 hours ago, OldManLinderman said:

Why though?

I mean, I agree in general specifically hunting for platinums via auto pop shouldn’t be a thing, and I’ve earned platinums on games twice from scratch more than once, and I’ve also autopopped at least one. 

But, like, what difference does it make? At the end of the day, nobody REALLY cares if someone earned 2 or 200 platinum trophies on a PlayStation in the real world. It’s not going on my resume for a job. 
If anything some games are annoying when they don’t have it. Elder Scrolls Online, a game I never got near platinum sure, but a game where I had to start from scratch on the PS5 to get those trophies I had once earned on the PS4 version despite the account being cross generational. 

Regardless how you look at it, nobody gives a damn about our platinum trophies. It’s just an indicator of progress, and everyone can see plain as day if someone autopopped one based on how long it took to earn so it’s not like they can really lie about it anyway. 

It's not the trophy hunting aspect of it that annoys me its more the disrespect to Developers and the people that put the hard time and effort into creating these games for us to play. 

Sure the publishers will love this as its easy as hell money for them but imagine if say a game like the Metal Gear Franchise with a beautiful in depth story that should be experienced over and over again with something like autopopping its just a kick in the face to Kojima and the team that put the blood sweat and tears into those games. 

I hate Autopops as a concept because like I said it promotes lazy gaming, if you get a game more than one time then I think you should have to earn those trophies all over again yourself regardless of how hard it is after all you are the one buying the game no one is strong arming you into getting it again just to autopop it and then 9 times out of 10 never play it again.