ps4 to ps5 autopop? how does it work?

angelbless45

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gagovic-brothers said:

Yeah, it happens same to me, is there any other solution, some people did it from ps5 to ps4 trial!?

Not possible, It didn't work for me when i tried so i ended up buying the game myself because it was on sale so yeah sadly idk any other solution.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:35 AM, angelbless45 said:

After 4 hours of trying, watching tons of videos, reading forums posts, and switching from one version to another (and getting, strangely, only the "Alchemist" trophy to pop up ), I was finally able to get it to work! In case anyone still has doubts, this is the way I did it (in case it wasn't as obvious as it was to me).

PS4 (or PS4 version)

• I started on PS4 and, after the update, I had 3 slots which shown a "Synchronization Conflict". I panicked (as everyone else), however, I remembered that I only played in the first one (it may be different save in your case, the important thing is that you select the one in which you have obtained 100% and thus the platinum). Choose this file.
  • You will get an error that tells you that the "Local saved data is different from the one stored on the cloud". Don't worry! 
  • Select "Upload" data (This is extremely important!). If you did it right, you will be able to select the chapters normally.
  • Play the last chapter until the end (at least that's what I did ). This will cause the sync conflict error to go out from the PS4 version.
  • Do a double check by exiting to the main menu and returning back to the slot selection screen by  pressing circle.

PS5

• Before you start the PS5 version of the game, make sure there are no save files from the game on the cloud or on the PS5 console (delete them if you found any).
  • Start the PS5 version of the game and get to the Slot Selection screen. You will see the same "Synchronization Conflict" under each slot. Don't worry! 
  • Select the slot that you previously uploaded (in my case it was the first one). and you will get the same message> "Local saved data is different from the one stored on the cloud"
  • However, this time choose "Download" data. This way you can finally access your old save data and see the chapters selection option.
  • Choose the last chapter (I did that for consistency purposes) and you will see all the trophies pop up in one go.

I hope this helps someone, since in my case I was going crazy and I could not find any post that worked for me.

Finally, it is possible that this works with the trial version, however I was not able to test it.

I downloaded the PS5 and when I loaded up the game the slots did not say syn con? I clicked on the slot and backed out and it just show the level and stuff needed in that level what gives?

Edited by Titanomachy_75

On 28/11/2021 at 0:06 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I downloaded the PS5 and when I loaded up the game the slots did not say syn con? I clicked on the slot and backed out and it just show the level and stuff needed in that level what gives?

Did you get the platinum on the PS4 version? Did you start doing everything from there? Double check if no save files were created either on the PS5 save storage or downloaded from the cloud on the PS4 save storage. Also, can you boot up your save from the PS4 version?

7 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Did you get the platinum on the PS4 version? Did you start doing everything from there? Double check if no save files were created either on the PS5 save storage or downloaded from the cloud on the PS4 save storage. Also, can you boot up your save from the PS4 version?

I plat the ps4 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Odd one. I've got to a point where it's letting me chapter select and showing all collectibles etc... but when I select the last chapter it just hangs and doesn't load.  Anyone any ideas?

Platted  ps5 version trying to pop ps4 version using trial 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I had read this thread for the instructions before I tried to do this. I seemingly have totally erased my save file. I was slightly confused about the instructions in the little pop-up, mistakenly picked the wrong option and I guess it synced my "new game" file from PS4 and erased my completed game file on PS5. Now it's totally gone.

As far as I know, there is literally no way to get it back in-game. I have to basically download my PS+ cloud file which means redoing the last two chapters (and probably re-triggering the things that get me the trophies so the save file will have everything to autopop). Alternatively, I can just transfer the save straight to PS4 and just finish what is left over after autopop to plat again. Super frustrating but I guess it could have been worse?

I guess I'm dumb for not understanding the instructions but jeez, it was WAY too easy to just erase my file with a couple button presses.

Edit: Nevermind. It looks like my PS+ cloud save is already updated? I must have messed up somehow. My data is 100% gone. So now I have to start completely over.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

• 7 months later...

just thought i check if there are any problems players had autopopping the platinum for this game from their ps4 saves?

i platinum this game on ps4 and i think i should still have the saves for those on a usb.

games like RE3 and RE2 autopopped successfully for me, hope to do the same for this game. not too keen on going through it again if only certain trophies pop.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

copying and pasting notes here, will test later...

Needed to run the PS4 version to update the save file to the latest patch first.

If you encounter a sync issue in-game then here's the exact steps:

1. Have a backup of your PS4 save in case anything weird happens.
  2. Load up the PS4 version (free trial works too). If you get a sync issue message choose upload. Press continue (chapter select chapter 1 if you're running the trial version though). Close the game after it loads.
  3. Load up the PS5 version and choose download this time. Press continue or chapter select any chapters. All trophies will unlock after a short while.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5.6.2022 at 6:47 PM, JustMat82 said:

Odd one. I've got to a point where it's letting me chapter select and showing all collectibles etc... but when I select the last chapter it just hangs and doesn't load.  Anyone any ideas?

Platted  ps5 version trying to pop ps4 version using trial 

Same here. As many i have still trouble with this. I want to make my PS5 save auto-pop the trophies for PS4 version. If you read on the internet its mentioned that the auto-pop does work both ways, AND the Trial version works for that too. I can't imagine that this is the reason for the problem, because the trial version successfully recognises the PS5 save data.

I can download my PS5 save from cloud into the PS4 version, i get all the "Sync conflict" prompts and the menu definitely shows my full PS5 playthrough, BUT i can't get past any loading screen from this point aswell. The screen is just stuck. 

Would really love to see someone figuring that out! Who doesn't want a free & easy platinum that way? :) 

• 7 months later...

I plat this game 2019  but when I boot the game only new game option no continue or anything and when I check save data from the ps4/ps5 menu there’s no save data on the cloud,but if I go to console storage setting the save data it’s on the cloud and yes I have try to download to console storage but still… anyone can help with this issue? 

• 3 weeks later...