Toshiro Koizuka friendship not appearing

Vintage-Kun

I am 97% complete with this game and this is my second platinum run. All I need to do is some miscellaneous stuff and then I'm done. Or... that's what I would say if I could activate this last friendship with Toshiro Koizuka, which isn't appearing.

I've searched everywhere online on how to activate this friendship event, but they all say the same thing. It must be chapter 6 and I must have Rie Tomioka's friendship maxed out. The thing is... I'm in premium adventure and have already maxed out Rie's friendship, yet I am still not able to activate this final one. It should also be noted I have also eaten all of Rie's meals for the trophy as well.

I'm beginning to think that my game is bugged and it is now impossible to 100% the game, due to the fact I can't not complete this last friendship. The only way I could possibly fix this is to start NG+ and do all the side cases and friendships again and for it to hopefully fix itself. But, I don't really feel like doing all of them again. So maybe, I'm missing a step?

It's unlikely anyone will see this post since everyone's talking about Lost Judgement at the moment, but hey maybe someone can help me.

(It should also be noted I'm playing on the Asian version of the game.)

Below is a video showing my KamuroGo completion. Maybe I missed something that's needed to activate this event.

Edited by Vintage-Kun

16 hours ago, Viscera1900 said:

Is it possible that you already started his friendship, but just haven’t completed it yet?

The guy gives you lockpicking jobs that should appear on your map as ”yellow key” icon. Try finding one of those icon on your map

I thought that too, but if that were the case, it wouldn't have the "???" for his name when I go to see the progress of the friendship. 

3 minutes ago, JethrowRogueSZ2 said:

I was thinking the same thing that you could possibly already have started it, but I have not seen anyone encounter that before. If you havent tried, maybe switch up the time-lapse to evening, night etc?

I tried that as well, but still nothing.

• 1 year later...

Over a year too late, but I hope you still have the 97% save file.

I encountered this glitch a few hours ago and was looking for a solution like you. The "glitch" is more of a scripting issue really. Rie Tomioka (landlady) is an NPC in a side case which starts inside the building of Yagami agency. The encounter with her outside of the building won't trigger until that side case is completed.

After clearing that side case (Love and Madness) she spawned outside of the building. 

I saw that you haven't gotten the trophy for all side cases yet, so this will most likely fix your "glitch" as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 6:48 AM, Yenrou-V2 said:

Over a year too late, but I hope you still have the 97% save file.

I encountered this glitch a few hours ago and was looking for a solution like you. The "glitch" is more of a scripting issue really. Rie Tomioka (landlady) is an NPC in a side case which starts inside the building of Yagami agency. The encounter with her outside of the building won't trigger until that side case is completed.

After clearing that side case (Love and Madness) she spawned outside of the building. 

I saw that you haven't gotten the trophy for all side cases yet, so this will most likely fix your "glitch" as well. 

Sorry for the late response, but actually the post I made is outdated and I see the video I attached is private for some reason, which I don't recall doing. Anyways, I made another video alongside a Reddit post around that time, which I wrote that the friendship was required to unlock the remaining side cases. Also, as there was no other side cases I could do, it was likely I had already completed the Love and Madness side case. 

Here's the Reddit post where I go into more detail.

https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagames/comments/px4jbt/i_am_99_complete_with_judgement_and_cannot/

Alongside the video: 

On 2/14/2023 at 9:16 AM, Vintage-Kun said:

Sorry for the late response, but actually the post I made is outdated and I see the video I attached is private for some reason, which I don't recall doing. Anyways, I made another video alongside a Reddit post around that time, which I wrote that the friendship was required to unlock the remaining side cases. Also, as there was no other side cases I could do, it was likely I had already completed the Love and Madness side case. 

Here's the Reddit post where I go into more detail.

https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagames/comments/px4jbt/i_am_99_complete_with_judgement_and_cannot/

Alongside the video: 

According to your KamuroGo App you have done 47/50 side cases. 

So you're missing the friendship side case (Revenge of the Keihin Gang), the Amon side case and one unknown one! 

Have you checked the side case files, which one you have done? Also, it can't hurt to check the staircase leading to the roof of the agency, that is where the quest triggers. When you exit Yagami's office, it's directly to the left, past the mailbox. 

Edited by Yenrou-V2

On 2/19/2023 at 0:24 AM, Yenrou-V2 said:

According to your KamuroGo App you have done 47/50 side cases. 

So you're missing the friendship side case (Revenge of the Keihin Gang), the Amon side case and one unknown one! 

Have you checked the side case files, which one you have done? Also, it can't hurt to check the staircase leading to the roof of the agency, that is where the quest triggers. When you exit Yagami's office, it's directly to the left, past the mailbox. 

Yup, I checked every inch of that map. Didn't find a single side case.