Call to Arms - Easy MVP Method *Patched* Read Comments

KillinPayne

• 3 months later...

Confirmed to still work as of today.
But we had some difficulties resetting the cooldown.
What we did was have the posse leader abandon with posse on the "Failed" screen and one other player chose to abandon alone.

This reset the cooldown and we could immediately do it again.

• 1 month later...

@Meins1665 - the cooldown timer will never reset to 0, but it will allow you to select the game again with the cooldown still running. Only posse leader needs to quit the game the rest will follow you. You need to be on the map selection screen before anyone quits or rejoins your posse.

I helped another player with it last week no issues.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We just did this today so when you get the mission failed screen the person leaving the Posse Abandons Alone FIRST

then the Posse leader abandons with the posse after that and just follow the steps the OP made works perfect.

Quick Summary

• 1 host
  • MVP gets 1 kill then dies
  • Other 3 die immediately
  • Only leader presses button on failed screen
  • 1 player quits posse and rejoins – to bypass cooldown

•  
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Good find TC.

Hostile territory game mode is very uncommon atm. Played for 3 hours and only 1 show up in Takeovers series.
Playing against very experienced high level players is soul crushing experience.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It has been patched, but it's still doable. Only thing they patched is the cooldown reset, the rest is still working. So you can do 1 MVP per 45 minutes. Just meet with your boosting group once every 45 minutes and you're good to go. During Halloween event, the cooldown timer was 30 minutes for some people, so it's even better. 

If MVP trophy won't pop up after 3 times, just keep doing it until it will. 

Edited by Patrickosan

• 4 weeks later...

Did this yesterday with a boosting group and it works! The cooldown is currently 20-ish minutes so its quick.

FYI you CANT leave the game, you need to do it in one sitting, you dont need to get mvp 3 times in a row, you can take turns with the other players, BUT if you leave the game it resets your mvp counter for some reason (with this method not in general), so make sure you can do it all in the same boosting session.

Also you do NOT need a permanent/persistent posse, they can be temporary, and the person that goes for mvp (gets the 1 kill) does NOT need to be the posse leader.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 26/09/2021 at 10:35 AM, KillinPayne said:

Quick & Easy MVP, I've helped many players doing it simply in Call to Arms, Using the Blackwater map.

Thanks for making this excellent thread.

On 05/10/2022 at 10:26 PM, Patrickosan said:

It has been patched, but it's still doable. Only thing they patched is the cooldown reset, the rest is still working. So you can do 1 MVP per 45 minutes. Just meet with your boosting group once every 45 minutes and you're good to go.

I can confirm, but we managed to come up with a workaround.

Two weeks ago we arranged a boosting session with four of us. Another player got invited at the last minute, so there were five of us. One player had managed to get the trophies the day before our session but joined anyway to help us. It was a good job he did or we would never have worked this out.

I set up a posse and started a Call to Arms in Blackwater and followed the OP's guide. We all got the 45 minute cooldown. Then the fifth player (who wasn't in the Call to Arms game) created a posse, started a game and was able to invite three of us in with no cooldown.

My friend @Ryan1597 had the genius idea of using alt accounts, so I used five of my alts, completed the character creation and skipped the first mission for each of these accounts. Doing this was very quick and not especially tedious, the worst part was adding everyone as friends on PSN for each account. If you do use this method, remember to pick up the Call to Arms telegram when you spawn in camp to save time later.

Testing this tonight, all I had to do was start a Call to Arms game as posse leader and follow the steps in the OP. Then when you are back in free-roam, quit the game and switch to another alt account. Start the game, set up a posse, start Call to Arms, rinse and repeat.

Just to be clear, I used alt account 1, then 2, 3, 4, 5 and then my main. That got two players their trophies. Then the other players used alts to help me get mine. 

Interestingly enough, we also found that if an alt or main had quit the game and sat out a Call to Arms, then created a posse, they could also bypass the cooldown. I don't know if this is because they weren't in the previous game or whether closing the game resets the timer (the account in question should have had around 30 minutes cooldown left). We focused on getting one person getting MVP three times, then moved onto the next person, so I don't know if this is the case or not but bear it in mind:

On 31/10/2022 at 4:23 PM, outerspace19 said:

FYI you CANT leave the game, you need to do it in one sitting, you dont need to get mvp 3 times in a row, you can take turns with the other players, BUT if you leave the game it resets your mvp counter for some reason (with this method not in general), so make sure you can do it all in the same boosting session.

Obviously this method won't be as quick as the OP's original version, but it's way faster than waiting 45 minutes for each game. My understanding is the last patch (which nerfed the OP's original exploit) is the final patch for the game, so this modified method should theoretically work until the servers get switched off. 

Just one last tip, something which I didn't know would happen and was a pleasant surprise. If you do the All's Fair trophy with a posse (there were four in ours) the Strength in Numbers trophy also pops. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that fortuitously, this game doesn't need PS+ to play online, so you can use alts with no issues. ?

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 2

On 03/12/2022 at 11:01 PM, baboon_overlord said:

Thanks for making this excellent thread.

Thanks, its a real shame rockstar decided to care about the game... not done themselves any favours, i'm sorry that you didn't get to take full advantage of the method. I've updated the first post and credited you for it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KillinPayne said:

Thanks, its a real shame rockstar decided to care about the game... not done themselves any favours, i'm sorry that you didn't get to take full advantage of the method. I've updated the first post and credited you for it.

Thanks very much for that and for your amazing original method. ?

I only decided to give the multiplayer a go a year or so after you wrote your OP and left the trophies that needed other players until last, but no worries, this modified version of your method is still pretty quick.

My understanding is they "fixed" the cooldown for Call to Arms because the rewards were too "generous". Anything to protect Rockstar's precious gold bar micro-transaction economy, as usual. How dare players play a game mode they like, when they like! Reading the comments on the RDR2 subreddit, to say that the community was devastated with what was in that final patch would be an understatement. Shame, this multiplayer could have been great but I couldn't wait to be done with it to be honest.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

I found this pretty simple in the BR mode one life = elimination if you have a few players anyone of you die then you can give feedback and spectate players and tell your friend/booster where the other people are it's not all that bad at all as you can isolate the good players and protect the player who needs it. I just did it with 2 friends, I'm sure it is easier if you had like 6 people or something, and matches don't last long either. Just a thought if some players wanna do it in the Elimination series.