October's PS+ Games announced - Hell Let Loose, Mortal Kombat X, PGA TOUR 2K21

Abby_TheLastofUs

wow so amazing I can't wait to be shit scared of playing golf in the month of hallween or worse shitting myself due to the fact someone did the right combo to do me in in 3 hits in mk10 wow.

Jokes aside this month is trash. You basically a good list of horror games to give out for free but don't care to. I mean we have games that are great to put on there such as Alien isolation or any of the resident evil remakes/ remasters such as re4 or 5 or even remake of 2 or 0 but yet giving out mk10 a game that is very cheap and incomplete due to the fact you need to buy the added packs to make it complete and a shitty golf game is just a kick in the face I mean dear god. I miss ps plus when it was on ps3 I remember when the whole backlog of the older resident evil games such as the og 1 2 and 3 were given out for free along with silent hill 1 and a lot of other good games but damn.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1

Hell Let Loose - multiplayer game for console I don't have. Looks a bit better than recent mp games given away, but still, I doubt I'll ever play it.

Mortal Kombat X - guess what! Another multiplayer game. And if I decide to play it, I need to shell out another £19.99 (or £5.99, if I wait for sale) for DLC. Looking at the trophy rarity it seems hard as hell to complete it too. Most interesting of the bunch for me, but I'm not sure if I want to invest all the time and effort needed to complete it.

PGA TOUR 2K21 - like getting a cartload of donkey shit for free. Thanks.. I guess..?

3/10 month. When was it they gave away FF7:Remake and Control - Ultimate Edition? Going steadily downhill since then, for me at least.

3 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

if you think this one is bad, wait until you see what Xbox has been giving away in the past months and years on Games with Gold. It's downright depressing enough you'd want to sell your Xbox collection for a PlayStation instead. They'd happily trade their monthly games for ours.

I could argue that going back years, GwG has been just as good as PS Plus, maybe even better because you actually keep the 360 titles. I won't though, because ultimately we'd be arguing over which multi-billion-dollar corporation is the least shitty towards it's consumers.

I will agree that wishing Jim Ryan harm or a firing is ridiculous. PS Plus was hit-or-miss long before he showed up, and if he were to leave the company, he'd just be replaced with another high-functioning sociopath with the same goals in mind. I bet he does actually leave within the next 5 years. Seems like a lot of these CEO's jump around quite a bit, using success at one company to gain the same position at another with more wealth & stature. 

Edited by EverythingOnFire
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Firing of jim ryan it's not just for ps plus games, look all the things he says in interviews and you will understand.

You can have many consoles not just playstation man,  and future exclusives umm are going to be the same , i don't see different genres, i love playstation but i'm not a fanboy lol i can complain

Comment: Firing of jim ryan it's not just for ps plus games, look all the things he says in interviews and you will understand.

Response: Gaming is my favorite hobby and following gaming news and the industry is something I do on a regular basis (that can also be considered unfortunate but it's the truth).  I have read many articles about Jim Ryan, I know a lot of what he has said and what he has done (and not done).  My opinion, he's not as charismatic and doesn't connected with his audience as well as other top executives I've seen but it's clear he understands the industry, his competition, and extremely knowledgeable about Playstation and what it takes to be successful. 

I don't hate Microsoft or Xbox and I really like Phil Spencer.  Phil forces Playstation to be better, IMO.  But, you can't compare the lineup that Xbox has and will have (from what we know today) to what Playstation has and will have in the future.  There's no comparison.  Content is everything for a video game console.  Sure, you can argue the UX, the Store, even Game Pass (which I think is a great value for consumers), but it always comes down to who has the better games.  Playstation has the games.  You don't have to be a fanboy to see this. 

Comment: You can have many consoles not just playstation man,  and future exclusives umm are going to be the same , i don't see different genres, i love playstation but i'm not a fanboy lol i can complain

Response: Future exclusives are going to be the same?  You don't see different genres?  Serious question: what game company do you think is producing better results than Playstation?  Look at the line-up here:  Spider-man: Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU II, Gran Turismo 7, Wolverine, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War: Ragnarok.  None of these are the same type of game.  Yes, you can complain but I don't follow your complaint.

You say you love Playstation but I'm not seeing the love my friend :)

Edited by Paperclip1776
Updated info

I knew as soon as I saw this announcement that some people would not be happy about it.

Then again, there's being unhappy and then there's wishing someone who probably doesn't make the decision regarding the Plus games gets fired - or as I like to call it, unreasonable.

Nothing for me this month as I've played MKX (which is still a good game in itself), don't have a PS5 and haven't worked out my anger issues with Everybody's Golf (both regular and VR) so am not keen to play another golf game.

42 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Comment: Firing of jim ryan it's not just for ps plus games, look all the things he says in interviews and you will understand.

Response: Gaming is my favorite hobby and following gaming news and the industry is something I do on a regular basis (that can also be considered unfortunate but it's the truth).  I have read many articles about Jim Ryan, I know a lot of what he has said and what he has done (and not done).  My opinion, he's not as charismatic and doesn't connected with his audience as well as other top executives I've seen but it's clear he understands the industry, his competition, and extremely knowledgeable about Playstation and what it takes to be successful. 

I don't hate Microsoft or Xbox and I really like Phil Spencer.  Phil forces Playstation to be better, IMO.  But, you can't compare the lineup that Xbox has and will have (from what we know today) to what Playstation has and will have in the future.  There's no comparison.  Content is everything for a video game console.  Sure, you can argue the UX, the Store, even Game Pass (which I think is a great value for consumers), but it always comes down to who has the better games.  Playstation has the games.  You don't have to be a fanboy to see this. 

Comment: You can have many consoles not just playstation man,  and future exclusives umm are going to be the same , i don't see different genres, i love playstation but i'm not a fanboy lol i can complain

Response: Future exclusives are going to be the same?  You don't see different genres?  Serious question: what game company do you think is producing better results than Playstation?  Look at the line-up here:  Spider-man: Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU II, Gran Turismo 7, Wolverine, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War: Ragnarok.  None of these are the same type of game.  Yes, you can complain but I don't follow your complaint.

You say you love Playstation but I'm not seeing the love my friend :)

i read all of your comment and thanks you so much for being respectful, i can tell you all but i guess it's better on private message, can you?

The biggest thing i see is that Sony cannot win. 

2 scenarios : 

1 - Sony gives away AAA titles (genuinely good titles), and 80% of people bitch about already owning it. 

2 - Sony gives indie games or sportsgames, and people obviously still bitch about it. 

There's no pleasing anyone, and at the end of the day i see my ps+ subscription as paying to play online. Then i never get disappointed about the "free games".... I don't see it as me paying for the games, they just come with my sub to play online. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

The biggest thing i see is that Sony cannot win. 

2 scenarios : 

1 - Sony gives away AAA titles (genuinely good titles), and 80% of people bitch about already owning it. 

2 - Sony gives indie games or sportsgames, and people obviously still bitch about it. 

There's no pleasing anyone, and at the end of the day i see my ps+ subscription as paying to play online. Then i never get disappointed about the "free games".... I don't see it as me paying for the games, they just come with my sub to play online. 

That's my argument in a nutshell.

I understand where people are coming from. I still remember a couple years back when MLB the Show 19 came onto the PS Plus lineup SIX MONTHS after the game had come out. Everybody was bitching about that game to oblivion. It's a baseball game, which automatically turns off a lot of Europeans because that's not the primer sport for them. Football, or Soccer as us Americans generally call it, is the primer sport. We have our own American football, and it's by far the most popular sport here. You have soccer, football and WWE. Everything else is incredibly niche. Personally, I enjoy playing golf every once in a while, but I can't recall any PGA or Tiger Woods video game that I really loved. But for the most part, a lot of people here aren't sport fans. Some of us are, but we don't like the actual sport games like MLB the Show or Madden.

Mortal Kombat X is now an older game so I see why people are complaining. Sony can't win regardless, but what's obvious is the sheer entitlement that comes around every time these threads get made. Sometimes I'm rather pleasantly surprised by the offerings, other times I just completely ignore the lineup and move on.

I mostly keep my PS+ subscription for some online, plus there are some Plus games from years ago I still want to play. Watch Dogs for instance requires I have a PS+ subscription to play online, and I plan to do that game pretty soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zid2016 said:

It's 5 bucks a month, even less for most people who use deals. This year we have gotten shadow of the tomb raider,contorl, concrete genie,FF7,Zombie army 4,Wreckfest, plague tales, hitman 2. For me, subscription has been well worth it.

Yeah those were all pretty good, got my moneys worth. 

I also dont pay full price. Cdkeys.com is the way to go.

The last time they had 50% off, I snagged 3yrs, and bought a few for friends bdays.

Hoping they drop that low again this holidays, I need more...

At $2.50/mo, hard to go wrong with that.

7 hours ago, GinjAJ said:

Imagine thinking PS+ games are free

They are free. You're paying for the online 

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I didn't know ps+ subscriptions was free, gonna grab my games then.

1f611.png

You knew exactly what I meant.

7 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Imagine being as clueless as you. 

Imagine crying over games

• Like 1