October's PS+ Games announced - Hell Let Loose, Mortal Kombat X, PGA TOUR 2K21

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, the money you pay is for a service that was to give you, in addition to unknown games, exclusive access to those demos, trials and betas.

That's not the point. Point is everyone paid for the monthly games. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Every one of your posts has been negative. Complaining about conplainers: even more obnoxious than the initial complaining. I think its fair that people express their discontent about a service they pay for. That's all. Why does that bother you? They pay for it. They can't get a refund. There's no simple alternative here. If people don't like something they spend money on, it's pretty darn typical for them to voice a complaint.

So it's negative to point out the sheer amount of entitlement in these topics? 

No alternative? Don't sub. It's not brain surgery ?

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

That's not the point. Point is everyone paid for the monthly games. 

No they didn't. You pay for the other stuff. If you don't use the online save backup. You don't play online and you don't make use of the plus discounts. Then don't sub. Just get a months sub if there's a game offered that you want. Is it really that hard to understand?

• Like 2

Just now, GUDGER666 said:

That's not the point. Point is everyone paid for the games. 

Your point originally was that Plus started as only for games. That was proven false.

And I don't think you can speak for everyone and why they choose to pay for Plus.

• Like 2

Have to confess I'm surprised MKX was made a Plus freebie, it was my very first PS4 title back in 2015. Don't get me wrong, I know it can't always be new titles offered but this is a 6 year old product. Seems a little odd to do this so late in the PS4 life cycle, even more so because nearly anyone who'd wanted to play it has done so by now. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I would suggest some you just quit paying for plus. Seems like it upsets you significantly and isn’t worth the cost or emotional distress anymore. I hate this month too but every couple months there’s something I was either:

A) looking at and considering buying.

or 

B ) a release I wasn’t even considering that ended up being a game I really enjoyed . 

So like another person mentioned I now try to look at it as “online fee that just happens to have games attached to it.”

As long as there’s a couple months where something is fun for me that we get it’s well worth the cost (especially if you get Plus at a discounted price!)

With that said I’m still trying HLL.

Yes exactly. If I can get a few games a year that I'm happy with then that's a fantastic bonus but it's not the reason I sub.

Maybe Sony should be more direct and actually spell it out to people what you're actually paying for, as some clearly don't understand.

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

When you pay for something you are entitled... 

Again you aren't paying for the games. How many other ways can I explain this before you understand. They're an added freebie.

I got a new life insurance which gave me a free pen. With your understanding I should be judging my life insurance by the quality of said pen. Which in this case I'd say isn't great ?

3 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Have to confess I'm surprised MKX was made a Plus freebie, it was my very first PS4 title back in 2015. Don't get me wrong, I know it can't always be new titles offered but this is a 6 year old product. Seems a little odd to do this so late in the PS4 life cycle, even more so because nearly anyone who'd wanted to play it has done so by now. 

They really should have given the XL version.

7 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I got a new life insurance which gave me a free pen. With your understanding I should be judging my life insurance by the quality of said pen. Which in this case I'd say isn't great 1f602.png

Will they take away your pen when your insurance expires?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Again you aren't paying for the games. How many other ways can I explain this before you understand. They're an added freebie.

An added freebie? So online is free on PS3 what was everyone paying £40 a year for? 

Edited by GUDGER666

Just now, sk_lp_him said:

Will they take away your pen when your insurance expires?

I'll hide it where they'll never find it :)

Just now, GUDGER666 said:

An added freebie? So online is free on PS3 what was everyone paying £40 a year for? 

Someone's already told you that. Can't you read? Maybe that's the problem here.

14 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

So it's negative to point out the sheer amount of entitlement in these topics? 

No alternative? Don't sub. It's not brain surgery ?

You are moaning about people who are unhappy with a service they pay for. Whether you want to use the term entitled or not doesn't change what this is. If you pay for a service, you expect it to be of quality.

Alternatives are unsubscribe (Sony blocks you from unsubscribing, you must wait for the aubscription to end)/get a refund (also blocked by Sony), or switch to a new service to play online (buying a new pc to play on steam is also not really that practical for many). 

So yeah, you aren't pointing out anyone as being entitled. And yeah, you are being negative. And yeah, its obnoxious, and yeah, you come across as very whiny and boomerish yourself.

Many people are unhappy about the poor selection of games this month and they have every right to say so without people trying to act all high and mighty about it (i.e., you). You like the games or whatever, that's fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Alternatives are unsubscribe (Sony blocks you from unsubscribing, you must wait for the subscription to end). 

Is this a region issue? I can always turn auto renew off which prevents my card from being charged (which even though I use codes they still like to turn my auto renew on each time.. tricky bastards lol.)

edit: speaking of this reminds me to go look…

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

19 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don't think you can speak for everyone and why they choose to pay for Plus.

Correct, and I've always subscribed primarily for the games, so I'll continue to express my displeasure when warranted. It's not exactly a big deal, though, since I rarely pay more than $30 a year. Might switch to Now at some point.

Just now, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Is this a region issue? I can always turn auto renew off which prevents my card from being charged (which even though I use codes they still like to turn my auto renew on each time.. tricky bastards lol.)

I'm just talking about the fact that if you're subscribed for 9 months, you can't cancel it halfway through. You can turn off auto-renew, of course, whenever.

2 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I'm just talking about the fact that if you're subscribed for 9 months, you can't cancel it halfway through. You can turn off auto-renew, of course, whenever.

Yeah that’s true. I figured that’s what you meant! :) 

It does stink that Sony’s refund stance is very lackluster when compared to Steam. But I do know why they are at the same time, once you’ve worked retail you realize people abuse refunding significantly. (which ruins it for the rest of us.. :() 

What Sony should do is allow you to refund the months unused and then suggest to the person to maybe pay monthly to prevent disappointment next time. I think that’s a good business practice at the very least. :) 

23 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

You had PS Plus since day 1?

I have. I got the gift they gave out for the anniversary too

32 minutes ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Correct, and I've always subscribed primarily for the games, so I'll continue to express my displeasure when warranted. It's not exactly a big deal, though, since I rarely pay more than $30 a year. Might switch to Now at some point.

And that's totally cool. Some people will get insurance or subs to get free gifts offered too. But you gotta remember that they are the gift section of the subscription. Not what you're actually paying for.

8 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Not what you're actually paying for.

Yes, you've made it abundantly clear that this is your view. It's not mine, however, so feel free not to read my "entitled" complaining in the future if it irritates you so.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

So if the games according to you are a freebie. What were you actually subscribing for? 

Someone's already said that too. Don't you read?

With all this back and fourth the original intent of my first post has gotten lost somewhat.

It's perfectly fine to be disappointed in the games. They can't please everyone. My comment is aimed at the people that say Plus is crap, the games are crap, always crap and the one person threatening. Theres a huge difference between not being for you personally and being bad games.