String it together Trophy

JakobDonkey

This video is the most helpfull i have seen but i still cant do it. I need to sit down at some point and dedicate some time with it. 

Its very much about patience and muscle memory. 

Ive got as far as the lasers. I would also say the parts you struggle with the most, practice them until you can do them consistently without dying

29 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

This video is the most helpfull i have seen but i still cant do it. I need to sit down at some point and dedicate some time with it. 

Ive got as far as the lasers. I would also say the parts you struggle with the most, practice them until you can do them consistently without dying

Thank you for the guide and tips!! I just completed it, and got my trophy. I dont think I have ever grinded for a trophy so hard lol. Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 0:51 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

No problem. Have you got any tips for me ?

I spent 2 entire days just practicing, practicing, practicing. I also played on single player, so I would occasionally pause when my hands would get too sweaty lol. But honestly, repetition is so important.  You will eventually get the hang of it!

I dont know if this will help. I finished the run once only by walking/running. I think i rolled only once in the air in the section with the mosquitoes. I reached the final section ( clocks ) at the 10' mark. Finished it with 8:47.

What i mean by that is that you don't have to even rush on the platforms. Take your time and try to go as far as you can.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i just got this myself after a few hours trying spread over a couple days. i know it's been said before in other places, but it can not be overstated: GO SLOW!!! seriously, take your time. i took quite a bit of time on a few sections, especially the ones with the crabs and the spike plants. i ended up getting to the final area with a time of 10:15-10:20, and there are more than enough clocks in that area to get you back down comfortably under 10 minutes. just focus on surviving rather than trying to get a quick time and you'll get it eventually

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Managed to pull this off the other day, some advice I would give is take your time with each of the 15 Trials before attempting Trial 16, take each one slow and learn your own comfortable route that you can consistently do then move on to the next trial.

Then when you attempt Trial 16 and you get to a section that's giving you problems, practice it over and over until you get it down.

I found consistent strategies that worked almost everytime for me in each stage but watching some of the speed run videos online done more harm than good sometimes because you don't have to take as many risks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/09/2021 at 2:10 AM, dannyswfc9 said:

After a few hours of repeatedly re-trying the trial, I just got it first time after watching this video. On my successful run I spent the entire level talking out loud to myself "don't rush, there's plenty of time". Previously I was taking way too many risks and dying needless deaths, especially in the back half of the level. 

Edited by Evs-Win
spelling

• 1 year later...

finding this thread to voice my opinion, yeah f this trophy, not when i get so far and the camera messes up. this makes me hate the game haha. fighting lingering will in kh2 with reverse controls would be easier then this mess. sorry i needed somewhere to rant before the controller goes in the wall or out the window lmao

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got this trophy earlier. The key is lots of practice! I lost count of the number of times I replayed the first 7 parts just to get the bit I was struggling with.
For some sections I went back and played the original trial so that I could get the pattern of play straight in my head.

Don't give up, it can be done, it just takes time. I must've spent a couple of days on Ripsnorter, that's total time over a few days, not 2 days solid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I think one of the biggest tips that can help with this trophy is DON'T RUSH!   If you hit a part that gives you issues, you can take some time to make sure you don't die.  Most of the people I've seen attempt this challenge feel like they have to rush it, but the 10-minute time limit is actually pretty generous.  Eventually you'll blast through the first 6 or 7 sections, and then the harder sections you can afford to be a bit more cautious

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2023 at 2:57 PM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

One huge tip that I didn't discover until like the very end of the game: Go into Settings -> Game Assistance, change the Roll command from Tap to Hold, and change the movable platform command from Tilt to Right Stick. That will let you hold :circle: to roll instead of having to constantly mash it, and let you move the purple platforms with the right joystick instead of tilting the entire controller. My hands were in agony until I found these!

And of course I read this after I get the plat. This sure would’ve been useful 😂

• 1 month later...