Holiday Connect 4 (Event Paused / Currently Closed)

@DoctorDrPepper, @MissShake, @be_minor, @kingofbattle8174: Thank you all for joining me for some bizarre and wacky holiday gaming! This is going to be so much fun!! Your cards have officially been added to the spreadsheet. ?

23 hours ago, MissShake said:

I got a freebie with October 31st lmfao

Sort of, lol. Not a full freebie (at least how this event defines it). But, you get to use Halloween! (also is a great crossover for the 13 plats of event!) So, I would definitely say luck is on your side, lol.

21 hours ago, be_minor said:

Count me in! I'm at a loss at what to do for quite a few of these dates, but at least I get a free space for November 31.

If you let us know the dates you're having trouble with, we can definitely try to help you with game / holiday suggestions, if that's something you'd be interested in. Also, yes, you've got a freebie for Nov. 31st. Lucky!!

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I have a plan partially in place. I think I am going to start with O3, which is Mean Girls Day. Didnt know that was a thing but I guess it is. 

Ooh. I didn't know Mean Girls Day was a thing either! (I'm old enough to remember when the film originally came out. Did not expect it to have such an impact...You learn new things everyday, I guess, lol). Thanks for sharing that. The day has been added to the OP as a confirmed alternative holiday. So, you can definitely use it!

• Like 1

So I am a bit confused. Once we choose a square and find a holiday, we have to platinum a game which is connected to that holiday. For example, one square on my card would be October 10. I found four holidays that happen on that day, like Cake Decorating Day. So I have to platinum a game which involves decorating cakes? How can I find a game based on cake decoration? :|

20 minutes ago, winter_bird_22 said:

So I am a bit confused. Once we choose a square and find a holiday, we have to platinum a game which is connected to that holiday. For example, one square on my card would be October 10. I found four holidays that happen on that day, like Cake Decorating Day. So I have to platinum a game which involves decorating cakes? How can I find a game based on cake decoration? :|

While you can try to find a game that has a literal connection to the holiday, you can also use a game that has a tangential connection to the holiday. So, while you may not find games on cake decoration specifically, there should be games that feature chefs or people that are artists or features art is some way. (Decoration is a form of art, for example). Alternatively, you can also use another holiday entirely. For example, October 10th, according to the WHO, is World Mental Health Day. So, if you chose that Holiday, you'd find a game that deals in some way with Mental Health.in some way, shape or form. So, the theme of the game could be mental health or a character could be dealing with mental health issues for example.

If we took the example of Mean Girls Day (October 3rd) that was mentioned in the thread earlier, that holiday celebrates the film. So, if someone wanted to use that holiday they could use a movie tie-in game, a game based on a movie, or a game that features a "Mean Girl" character. As long as you can explain the connection, I'm not going to be strict about it.

Edited by InfinateEternity
Added an additional example.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Any Fat princess game has a cake on it sooo... I guess that fits.

JIQeYGj.png

So:

October 8:   American Touch Tag Day  or  World Egg Day...

Game: Yoku's Island Express. (Bunch of eggs to hatch)

October 21: Babbling Day or Count Your Buttons Day or International Nacho Day or National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day...

Game: Either Sims4 or Yooka-Laylee (both feature a fake language.)

October 31: Halloween (Yaaii)

Game: Savage Halloween

October 23: National Mole day or Make a difference day or TV talk show day

Game: State of mind. A guy trying to change the world.

November 2: All Soul's Day OR Deviled Egg Day OR Look for Circles Day OR Plan Your Epitaph Day OR U.S. General Election Day...

Game: Soul Axiom

Have another player recommend you a Holiday (any month)

Game: ¿?

November 11: Veteran's Day or World Origami Day

November 22: Go For a Ride Day

December 27 Make Cut Out Snowflakes Day OR National Fruitcake Day.

December 30  Bacon Day or National Bicarbonate of Soda Day.

December 13 Ice Cream Day Violin Day

Game:¿?

Holiday Celebrated primarily in Africa

Holiday Celebrated in México.

Game:

January 24: Beer Can Appreciation Day OR Compliment Day OR Global Belly Laugh Day.

January 16:  Appreciate a Dragon Day  OR National Nothing Day

Game:¿?

January 12: Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day OR National Hot Tea Day OR National Pharmacist Day

Ok so kinda hard to pick, might have to check my library and see what fits, kinda hard I accept suggestions tho.

Also hope someone gives me the Holiday recommendation.

Edited by MAUSZX
To complete holidays in the post
  • Like 2

Alright, so here's the different holidays I have found for my card... Might have to get really creative with this one

Holiday Primarily Celebrated in Europe: Saint Patrick's Day (3/17) OR National Day of Greece (3/25)

I was thinking either something that has a lot of greenery or a game set in Greece for this one... Maybe Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Bastion?

October 16th: Global Cat Day OR World Food Day

Games with cats or food in it might work? How about Cat Quest or Overcooked?

October 31st: Halloween

This is an easy category. I'm currently working on The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition, so my guess is that I'll use that.

October 2nd: World Farm Animals Day OR International Day of Non-Violence

A game based on farming or farm animals, or maybe a game with no violence. I might do Untitled Goose Game, a Harvest Moon game, or even Everything.

Holiday Primarily Celebrated in Australia: Australia Day (1/26)

This is kind of tough since there's not a lot of games based in Australia. I could do a game by a team in Australia like Hollow Knight, or maybe a game with an animal found in Australia like Crash Bandicoot.

November 10th: International Pathology Day OR Sesame Street Day

This was also a tough one. Pathology is the study of disease, so maybe a game with a disease/plague in it? Zombie games like Resident Evil could work. If I go with Sesame Street I could go with a game that is based on a children's property, or one that has mascots that kids would love. Spyro, maybe?

November 1st: National Author's Day OR National Sports Fans Day

I was thinking a visual novel for Author's Day, so something like Steins;Gate. Or a sports game, like AO Tennis 2 or something.

November 11th: Origami Day OR Singles' Day

Heavy Rain would have been perfect for this category, but I have the plat for that lol. Maybe a Japanese game could work? Singles' Day is easier, I'm thinking a dating game like Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace.

December 20th: International Human Solidarity Day

This is a toughie too. Human Solidarity Day is apparently about celebrating unity in diversity, so I'm gonna play a game with a POC as the main character. Afterparty works.

December 22nd: Be a Lover of Silence Day

I'm doing a game with no voice acting. Mumbles are fine. I'm thinking Minit.

December 18th: Bake Cookies Day OR Arabic Language Day

I'd do either a game with a baking mechanic or a game based in a region that primarily speaks Arabic. If I don't use Overcooked for October 16th, I could do that. Or Assassin's Creed Origins could work for the other category.
December 14th: Monkey Day OR National Bouillabaisse Day

Monkey Day is pretty self explanatory. Super Monkey Ball. In case you don't know what bouillabaisse is, it looks to be a fish based food dish. Maybe a game with a fishing mini game? Or even a game based underwater like Beyond Blue.

January 30th: National Escape Day OR School Day of Non-Violence and Peace

National Escape Day is about relaxing, so it could actually work with School Day of Non-Violence and Peace. I was thinking maybe Beyond Eyes or PaRappa the Rapper.

January 28th: International Lego Day

Easy peasy. Play a Lego game. I'm thinking one of the Lego Harry Potter games.

January 23rd: National Pie Day OR National Handwriting Day

I hear Fallout 4 has a pie in it? Or maybe a game with a letter in it. I think Unravel has a letter in it?

January 3rd: JRR Tolkien Day OR Women Rock! Day

A LOTR game sounds good. I think I have Shadow of Mordor. For Women Rock! Day, I could do a game with a female lead. What about Horizon: Zero Dawn?

Whew! That was a lot lmao.

• Like 2

Wow! Thanks for all the updates everyone! I'll go through everything and add holidays and games to the sheet and let you know if I come across any issues. It seems like we all had the same idea, as I also just finished my tentative plan, lol. It's below. My experience echoed what several of you have said regarding the difficulty finding games. So, in addition to adding the alternative holidays I used, I also changed the following rule: Instead of requiring all games to have a minimum 50th fastest completion time of 4 hours, all games must now have a 50th fastest completion time of at least 1 hour. This change to the rules in the OP in particular should help offset some of the difficulty in working around the holidays, especially for those that would like to only use games in their current libraries / backlogs.

My Current Planned Card:

EsBCX5G.png

My original blank card is in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

z2yg1Qg.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

Any Fat princess game has a cake on it sooo... I guess that fits.

Yes, technically the cake is used as decoration / art. So, Fat Princess would fit in a roundabout way. Also, welcome @MAUSZX! Your card has been game card has been added to the spreadsheet, and I've added the game you chose for Halloween as well. Thanks for joining us! Also, for your recommendation: I'll go ahead and give you Christmas - December 25th. :D

Also, seeing as you got the requirement for the African Holiday, might I recommend South Africa's Heritage Day (September 24th) or Benin's Traditional Day (January 10th)? In the case of Heritage Day, you can use a game that has a diverse cast of characters or takes place in Africa (since their cultural heritage is being celebrated). In the case of Traditional Day, you can use a game that has some form of ritual or traditions being observed in them or have a historical setting.

Kingdom Hearts games have very diverse casts from all sorts of settings, for example, and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris takes place in Egypt. Kingdom Come: Deliverance would fit Traditional Day due to its historical setting / emphasis on Old-world traditions.

I know that was a ton of info. But, I hope that helps!

4 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

For mean girls day, my thought is to complete Life is Strange 3. Both = teen drama.

That's absolutely fine! I've added Life is Strange: True Colors to your info for Oct. 3rd in the Spreadsheet. If I've got the wrong game, let me know!

4 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

@MAUSZX! Your card has been game card has been added to the spreadsheet, and I've added the game you chose for Halloween as well. Thanks for joining us! Also, for your recommendation: I'll go ahead and give you Christmas - December 25th. :D

Thanks and Noted: I'll end this list now.

October 8: American Touch Tag Day or World Egg Day...

Game: Yoku's Island Express. (Bunch of eggs to hatch)

October 21: Babbling Day or Count Your Buttons Day or International Nacho Day or National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day...

Game: Either Sims4 or Yooka-Laylee i will think which one will be (both feature a fake language.)

October 31: Halloween (Yaaii)

Game: Savage Halloween

October 23: National Mole day or Make a difference day or TV talk show day

Game: State of mind. A guy trying to change the world.

November 2: All Soul's Day OR Deviled Egg Day OR Look for Circles Day OR Plan Your Epitaph Day OR U.S. General Election Day...

Game: Soul Axiom. Has soul in the name...

Have another player recommend you a Holiday (any month) Xmas

Game: Batman Arkham Origins (I have some trophies but really I have to play the entire game and dlc to even have a chance to 100%)

November 11: Veteran's Day or World Origami Day

Game: COD MW remastered

November 22: Go For a Ride Day

Game: Burnout Paradise

December 27 Make Cut Out Snowflakes Day OR National Fruitcake Day.

Game: Everything the cover of the game is a snowflake.

December 30 Bacon Day or National Bicarbonate of Soda Day.

Game: Battle Chef Brigade

December 13 Ice Cream Day Violin Day

Game: Aerea a very musical themed rpg. De

Holiday Celebrated primarily in Africa:

Kwanzza, i read it is a traditional holiday originated by africans. (It also fits with traditional day, since is based in other Africans traditions. And they lit a lot of candles... So: Game Candle- the power of the flame.

Holiday Celebrated in México: videogame wise there is only one Holiday "Día de los muertos". Game: Grim Fandango

January 24: Beer Can Appreciation Day OR Compliment Day OR Global Belly Laugh Day.

Game: This one is hard, sadly I already have Afterparty platinum, because it was perfect... So between Catherine full body and Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry, I am going for the Larry one, it has Beer since aparently one scene is in a bar, he compliments a lot of women in a creepy way but hey, and is meant to be a funny game, so both check the 3 of them, but The LSL is way more doable

January 16: Appreciate a Dragon Day OR National Nothing Day

Game: either Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 or Dragon Age Inquisition or No thing. 

January 12: Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day OR National Hot Tea Day OR National Pharmacist Day

Game: Two Point Hospital

Let me know if a game doesn't qualify and I am still open for sugestions.

Edited by MAUSZX
Complete list
  • Like 1

I'm in! Everything to enjoy with you all and more if is for a good cause:  https://bingobaker.com/#4827ba18b120435a - Thanks for this @InfinateEternity

HOLIDAY CONNECT 4 (OCT 3/4)  (NOV 0/4) (DEC 0/4) (JAN 0/4)

Spoiler

Captura

October

- 31: (Worldwide) Halloween / Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (DONE).

Spoiler

They use costumes and there are monster in Batman.

- 17: (Worldwide) International Day of Eradication Of Poverty / Yet Another Zombie Defense (DONE).

Spoiler

In this game you need to gain money to keep the game on!

- 21: (Honduras and Mexico)  Army Force Day / Warface (Undone).

Spoiler

Warface is a comando army shooter game, also took place in all places in the world including latin america.

- Free spot: 31th October or 1st November - Samaín Saint Rows: Gat out of Hell (DONE).

Spoiler

Just the name of the game says it all

November: Where I got them

- 18: (Worldwide) Mickey Mouse Day / Adventure Time: Pirates of the Echidiron (Undone).

Spoiler

A really good, nice and famous cartoon just like Mickey!

- 7 (Worldwide) Daylight Savings Day / Medievil (Undone).

Spoiler

Sir Daniels fights the undead for the light in this awesome game

- 9 (Worldwide) Go To An Art Museum Day / The Last of Us Part II (Undone)

Spoiler

This game deserves to be in a museum lol, but no for real in the game you actually got to go and visit one

- 5 (Worldwide) Guy Fawkes Day / Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (Undone)

Spoiler

Conspirations and political interest

December: Where I got Them

- 25 (Lots of countries) Christmas / No game decided (Undone)

- 26 (Canada) Boxing Day / No game decided (Undone)

- 1 (Worldwide) National Pie Day / No game decided (Undone)

- 8 (Worldwide) Pretend To Be A Time Traveler Day / No game decided (Undone)

January: 

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MissShake said:

Alright, so here's the different holidays I have found for my card... Might have to get really creative with this one

Holiday Primarily Celebrated in Europe: Saint Patrick's Day (3/17) OR National Day of Greece (3/25)

I was thinking either something that has a lot of greenery or a game set in Greece for this one... Maybe Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Bastion?

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write all that up. I know it's a lot. And, yeah, this event is leaning more towards the creative side of things. I hope that's okay! For your European Holiday, St. Patrick's Day wouldn't count. Yes, it originated in Ireland. But, it is widely celebrated in the Americas, as well as Australia, too due to the many, many people who claim Irish descent in those regions (Source). The chosen holiday has to be one that is mostly only celebrated on the European Continent. So, Greece's Independence Day / National Day would work absolutely fine! I'll put you down for that and AC: Odyssey for now.

2 hours ago, MissShake said:

November 10th: International Pathology Day OR Sesame Street Day

This was also a tough one. Pathology is the study of disease, so maybe a game with a disease/plague in it? Zombie games like Resident Evil could work. If I go with Sesame Street I could go with a game that is based on a children's property, or one that has mascots that kids would love. Spyro, maybe?

Both of these are fine. (Dates have been added to the OP) I haven't played Resident Evil yet. So, I don't know how the Zombie stuff is activated. But, some of the characters are Virologists who study diseases. So, you're covered either way.

3 hours ago, MissShake said:

November 11th: Origami Day OR Singles' Day

Heavy Rain would have been perfect for this category, but I have the plat for that lol. Maybe a Japanese game could work? Singles' Day is easier, I'm thinking a dating game like Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace.

Yes. A Japanese game would work for World Origami Day (Nov. 11th), as Origami is itself associated with Japanese culture. I've left the game part blank for that one for now, until you decide what you want to do. Otherwise, the info for Singles' Day has been added, and a dating sim/game makes sense.

Otherwise, I've added and confirmed all of the holidays that weren't on the main calendar links in the OP, and all of your other games look fine. So, all you'll have to do when you update is state the final game and holiday you used. Thank you for researching all those holidays, by the way! I'm positive they'll help someone out a ton! ? Just let me know if you notice any errors on the spreadsheet the next time you check your games.

• Like 1

here is my preliminary plan for my board

October:

3rd - Techies Day. A day to celebrate people in technology careers. I'd like to celebrate all the fine workers at Cyberdyne Industries by playing Terminator Resistance.

European Holiday - All Souls Day. The catholic Day of the Dead. Celebrated in many predominantly catholic countries all around Europe. Flipping Death is a puzzle platformer where you play the Grim Reaper. So that fits.

31st - Halloween. A gimme. I'm using Blair Witch.

Asian Holiday - Lunar New Year. Celebrated mostly in East Asia. Gonna represent this holiday with Deliver Us The Moon which takes place on the moon itself.

November:

18th - Occult Day. A day to practice the occult. Talking to spirits and such. Using The Medium for this holiday.

24th - Tie One On Day. Sounds like a day about drinking but is actually more like a "Pay It Forward" Day. Gonna use The Walking Dead Collection where your good deeds are paid forward through each season of the game.

12th - World Pneumonia Day. A day in observance of pneumonia by the World Health Organization. Pneumonia can be caused by several infectious diseases. So i'll play The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker.

6th - Book Lovers Day. No one loves a good book more than the author. So i'll play Alan Wake Remastered as he tries to put his manuscript back together.

December:

4th - Santa's List Day. A day celebrating the naughty and nice lists is weird but whatever. Cthulhu Saves Christmas is a game about Cthulhu saving Christmas, which will probably get his name on the nice list.

Australian Holiday - Bounty Day A public holiday commemorating when the mutineers of the HMS Bounty landed on Picairn Island. Mutineers are basically pirates so i'll play LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean on the PS3.

Spring Holiday - March 26th - Live Long and Prosper Day. A day for Star Trek. Mass Effect 2 is close enough

20th - Go Caroling Day. A day for singing should be celebrating with singing. Disney Sing It Family Hits should work for this.

January:

North or South American Holiday - Oct. 1st - International Coffee Day. Picked up Coffee Talk on a sale a while back and this seems a good excuse to finally play it.

29th - Puzzle Day. Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle is Slayaway Camp with Jason Voorhees in a block sliding murder puzzle game.

U.S. Holiday - March 9th - Barbie Day. I happen to have a ps3 copy of Barbie and her Sisters: Puppy Rescue I found at a garage sale I need to play.

5th - National Bird Day. I picked up this game called Chicken Police: Paint it RED where you're a chicken cop solving murders or something. I dunno. Chicken's a bird though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MissShake said:

November 1st: National Author's Day OR National Sports Fans Day

I was thinking a visual novel for Author's Day, so something like Steins;Gate. Or a sports game, like AO Tennis 2 or something.

May I suggest something?

Ken Follett's The Pillars of Earth is a game based on a book. In theory you can also do any Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter games.

6 hours ago, MissShake said:

January 30th: National Escape Day OR School Day of Non-Violence and Peace

National Escape Day is about relaxing, so it could actually work with School Day of Non-Violence and Peace. I was thinking maybe Beyond Eyes or PaRappa the Rapper.

January 23rd: National Pie Day OR National Handwriting Day

I hear Fallout 4 has a pie in it? Or maybe a game with a letter in it. I think Unravel has a letter in it?

For Jan 30 i mean it sounds like a pun but hey, you can do The Escapists.

And for 23rd I would suggest to you Typoman, which is everything madre from letters. Or Oddworld New n Tasty there are a bunch of adds about pies.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

This is a pretty impressive idea. The range of games that will be played across all participants will be pretty interesting to see. I'm so in! My board looks like this.

Spoiler

4BNH9VNl.png?1

Here's what my current plan looks like:

October:

18 - Persons Day (Canada). Annual canadian celebration about a landmark case concerning the right for women to be part of the Senate of Canada. Will go with a female lead: Aloy in Horizon: Zero Dawn.

26 - ?. The big choices I have for this date are Austrian National Holiday (can't find any games made in or featuring Austria apart from simulation racing games) or National Pumpkin Day (no real clue for a game there). Would love some suggestions.

9 - Fire Prevention Day (Technically week, but always on the week of the 9th). PSNow has Firefighters: The Simulation which is perfect for that day.

14 - World Sight Day. An awareness holiday about visual blindness/impairment. I'll take a shot in the dark (ha) and go with The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince.

November:

23 - Saint George's Day (Using the Georgian church dates). To celebrate people named George, I'll go with Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (which features George, the town sheriff).

31 - Free day! Will see what strikes my fancy.

Europe Holiday - Bastille Day. National Day of France. To celebrate, I'll go with a french developper, Quantic Dream, for Beyond: Two Souls (the PS3 version).

17 - International Students' Day. Commemoration of the storming of Czech universities by the Nazis. Morbidly, I will also go with a game about students dying with Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload.

December:

28 - Massacre of the Innocents. Biblical execution of all male children 2 and under. Morbidly, again, those babies had a decent chance of not being baptized and unbaptized babies are featured in Dante's Inferno.

30 - Bicarbonate of Soda Day. Bicarbonate of Soda is often used in cooking (either that or volcanoes), so my game selection will be Overcooked.

16 - ?. The only big choice I'm seeing is the Day of Reconciliation for South Africa. Would love some suggestions for games about reconciliation/peace (Google is failing me in this).

Recommended by another player - International Ninja Day (recommended by MAUSZX). For a day celebrating ninjas, I will go with The Last Blade 2 which features Zantetsu who is dubbed The Last/Strongest Ninja.

January:

North/South America Holiday - Groundhog Day (February 2). American superstition holiday/event about pedicting the end of winter by a furry animal. Most predominantly known through the movie of the same name; which shifted the meaning of the name to refer to a time loop. A pretty good time loop game is Life is Strange (the PS3 version) (I don't know if I went too weird/far with this one; I can change ii if it's the case).

Spring/Summer Holiday - Obon (Late August / Early September). Japanese holiday about sending our ancestors' spirits to their final resting place. A perfect game about this subject would be Spiritfarer.

Asia Holiday - White Day (Japan). Reverse japanese Valentine's day which is usually features white gifts. The color white is also a major part of The Unfinished Swan (especially the Minimalist trophy).

2 - Ancestry Day (Haiti). Commemorates ancestors. I will take a trip through time and meet those ancestors in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

No guarantee that everything will be completed, but it's a good incentive to complete some games.

Edited by ArtikSkarab
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NordicSaiyan said:

I'm in! Everything to enjoy with you all and more if is for a good cause (I'm in the phone, as soon I enter a Pc I will put image well) 

https://bingobaker.com/#4827ba18b120435a

Thanks for this @InfinateEternity

(Work in progress)

October

31: Halloween Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham ( )

Re: hosting - It's no problem at all! I'm looking forward to doing this with everyone! Also, thank you for the link to your card. Once you've officially posted the image, I'll add that and your tentative Halloween game to the spreadsheet, as noted in the OP. ? If you have any problems getting it to be an image, let me know.

@MAUSZX and @DoctorDrPepper Thank you both for your updated list! I'll go through it and add the holidays and games to the spreadsheet, and let you know if I come across any issues.

@SpaceCoresDad & @ArtikSkarab Thank you both for joining us! Your cards have been added to the spreadsheet. I will also go through your games and holidays and let you know if I come across any issues. I'm so glad you both find this interesting / fun! And, thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot! @SpaceCoresDad, it's really cool that you ran something similar a few years ago! If you have any tips on things that should be changed / streamlined, let me know!

(This also goes for everyone else. I'm open to any suggestions & feedback on how to make this better. So, if you come across any issues, don't be afraid to tell me!)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

Have another player recommend you a Holiday (any month) Xmas

Game: Batman Arkham Origins (I have some trophies but really I have to play the entire game and dlc to even have a chance to 100%)

Holiday Celebrated primarily in Africa:

Kwanzza, i read it is a traditional holiday originated by africans. (It also fits with traditional day, since is based in other Africans traditions. And they lit a lot of candles... So: Game Candle- the power of the flame.

I've added your games to the spreadsheet based on the holiday and game combinations that made the most sense. So, when you go to check the spreadsheet you'll notice that the holidays have been pared down some. I just have a few additional notes:

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins - If you wish to use this game, please know that you do not have to 100% it if the Plat is separate. So, you don't have to worry about DLC if the Plat can be gotten without it.

Re: Your African Holiday - Unfortunately, Kwanzaa doesn't work. Yes, it was created to honor African heritage. But, it is actually An American Holiday developed by African-Americans, and is primarily celebrated in the US, with some spread to other continents that have people of African descent. But, it is more widely considered an American Holiday. In order to count, the holiday must specifically be an African one that is predominately celebrated in Africa itself, rather than another continent. With that being said, I was able to find evidence of African religions that use candles in their practices. So, the game still counts for Traditional Day. I've added Kwanzaa as an American Holiday in the OP.

11 hours ago, NordicSaiyan said:

October

- 31: (Worldwide) Halloween / Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham ( ) . Why: Costumes, monsters and stuff haha

- 17: (Worldwide) International Day of Eradication Of Poverty / Toy Story Mania ( ). Why: Getting points and money in the game

- 21: (Honduras)  Army Force Day / Still Looking for a Game ( )

- Free spot: 31th October or 1st November - Samhain or Samaín / Saint Rows: Gat out of Hell ( ). Why: Look the celebration and you will know!

I've officially added you to the spreadsheet. Thanks for updating that with an image of your board. I've also added the necessary holidays to the OP. Just one note: If you're going to be updating this post further, please let me know when you've made changes so that I don't miss anything. I don't get notified about edit-based changes, only new posts. ☺️

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

I've added your games to the spreadsheet based on the holiday and game combinations that made the most sense. So, when you go to check the spreadsheet you'll notice that the holidays have been pared down some. I just have a few additional notes:

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins - If you wish to use this game, please know that you do not have to 100% it if the Plat is separate. So, you don't have to worry about DLC if the Plat can be gotten without it.

Re: Your African Holiday - Unfortunately, Kwanzaa doesn't work. Yes, it was created to honor African heritage. But, it is actually An American Holiday developed by African-Americans, and is primarily celebrated in the US, with some spread to other continents that have people of African descent. But, it is more widely considered an American Holiday. In order to count, the holiday must specifically be an African one that is predominately celebrated in Africa itself, rather than another continent. With that being said, I was able to find evidence of African religions that use candles in their practices. So, the game still counts for Traditional Day. I've added Kwanzaa as an American Holiday in the OP.

I've officially added you to the spreadsheet. Thanks for updating that with an image of your board. I've also added the necessary holidays to the OP. Just one note: If you're going to be updating this post further, please let me know when you've made changes so that I don't miss anything. I don't get notified about edit-based changes, only new posts. 263a.png

Alright will do :)

• Like 1