Holiday Connect 4 (Event Paused / Currently Closed)

New additions to the event card:

• Have another player recommend you a Holiday ( Sadie Hawkins day ) - Used Beyond: Two Souls, as the main protagonists is a female character instead of the common male protagonist and she also works for the CIA in a military role not that common for a female character, so I believe it fits in a day related to "gender role swap".
  • Use a Holiday primarily celebrated in Noth or South America (Canada Day)-  South Park: The Stick of Truth, as there is a part in the story the gang as to travel to Canada in a quite funny adventure.
  • National Sports Fans Day - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout,as it can be considered a sports game where you compete with other players
  • National Stress Awareness Day - Flower, which can be considered a game for stress relief
  • Miner's Day - Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug , the main character is a miner and the game is actually mining.

moBdHeW.png

Progress so far:

Spoiler

October

Have another player recommend you a Holiday ( Sadie Hawkins day ) - Beyond: Two Souls

Use a Holiday celebrated in the Spring or Summer

Use a Holiday primarily celebrated in Noth or South America (Canada Day) - South Park: The Stick of Truth

November

1 - National Sports Fans Day - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

8 - National STEM/STEAM Day - Probe: A Game Dev Experience

3 - National Stress Awareness Day - Flower

December

6 - Miner's Day - Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug

January

20 - Get to Know Your Customer - Donut County

12 - Shop for Travel Day - Jade's Ascension

I'm changing some stuff from my original post again and calling this completed.

OALqObK.jpg

Oct. 3rd - Techies Day - Guardians of the Galaxy. Lots of tech thanks to Rocket Raccoon.

Oct. 31st - Halloween - Violetti Goottii - This game was a horror to look at and play.

Holiday in Asia - Turkmenistan has a national day for their breed of dog. https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/turkmenistan-dog-national-holiday-scli-intl/index.html#:~:text=Turkmenistan now has a national,its 'wolf-crusher' dogs&text=Turkmenistan celebrated the first national,ceremony in the capital%2C Ashgabat. - Arkan the Dog Adventure - It's got a dog as the main character and it kinda looks like the Turkmenistan dog.

Dec. 4th - National Bartender's Day - Mass Effect 2 - Several storylines and side missions involving bartenders.

Holiday in Spring or Summer - Live Long and Prosper Day - Mass Effect 3 - Def invokes Star Trek but also with the ending I chose, everyone will live a long time and life will prosper.

Dec. 20th - Go Caroling Day - Mass Effect 1 - The Song of the Rachni was sung and will continue to be sung through the galaxy

Holiday primarily in north or south America - National Bacon Day - My Friend Peppa Pig - You know what's up.

Holiday from my country - National  Hunting and Fishing Day - Deeeer Simulator - Hunted those cops as a deer with a long neck.

Jan. 5th - National bird day - A Short Hike - You are a bird.

So i'm done, thanks for a fun event.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I got another plat but I forgot to mention it here!

December 18th: Bake Cookies Day - Stardew Valley

You have a bunch of recipes you can bake in this game... Including, of course, cookies! :D

Spoiler

Holiday Primarily Celebrated in Europe: National Day of Greece (3/25)

October 16th: Global Cat Day - Granblue Fantasy: Versus

October 31st: Halloween - The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition

October 2nd: International Day of Non-Violence - A Short Hike

Holiday Primarily Celebrated in Australia: Australia Day (1/26)

November 10th: International Pathology Day OR Sesame Street Day

November 1st: National Author's Day - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

November 11th: Origami Day OR Singles' Day

December 20th: International Human Solidarity Day - Afterparty

December 22nd: Be a Lover of Silence Day

December 14th: Monkey Day OR National Bouillabaisse Day

January 30th: National Escape Day OR School Day of Non-Violence and Peace

January 28th: International Lego Day

January 23rd: National Pie Day OR National Handwriting Day

January 3rd: JRR Tolkien Day OR Women Rock! Day

Sorry for the double post, but I got another plat!

December 22nd: Be a Lover of Silence Day - Untitled Goose Game

No talking in this game... Just some honks!

Spoiler

Holiday Primarily Celebrated in Europe: National Day of Greece (3/25)

October 16th: Global Cat Day - Granblue Fantasy: Versus

October 31st: Halloween - The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition

October 2nd: International Day of Non-Violence - A Short Hike

Holiday Primarily Celebrated in Australia: Australia Day (1/26)

November 10th: International Pathology Day OR Sesame Street Day

November 1st: National Author's Day - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

November 11th: Origami Day OR Singles' Day

December 20th: International Human Solidarity Day - Afterparty

December 22nd: Be a Lover of Silence Day - Untitled Goose Game

December 14th: Monkey Day OR National Bouillabaisse Day

January 30th: National Escape Day OR School Day of Non-Violence and Peace

January 28th: International Lego Day

January 23rd: National Pie Day OR National Handwriting Day

January 3rd: JRR Tolkien Day OR Women Rock! Day

• Like 1

December update time!

Spoiler

FZ3HBG8.png

For "Stick it in Your Ear Day" (whatever that's actually supposed to mean) on December 8th, I swapped Persona 5 for Guardians of the Galaxy due to time concerns, as it has an extensive licensed soundtrack with some fun original songs sprinkled in. I also finished Kentucky Route Zero for International Day of Non-Violence on October 2nd and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim for Techies Day on October 3rd. Only Spiritfarer and Persona 4 Golden now stand between me and a full sweep!

Haven't posted in a while, but I've made a bit of progress and wanted to update! 

Do Something Nice Day (Oct. 5) - Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales 

Do Something Nice Day is about performing acts of service for strangers and loved ones in hopes of making the world a little better. Spider-Man not only embodies this holiday by always being kind when faced with adversity, the side missions in this game have Miles Morales doing good deeds for his NYC neighbors. 

Wright Brothers Day (Dec. 17) - Celeste 

Let’s celebrate Wright Brothers Day with a 2D platformer that utilizes flight - really extended dashing - as the main tool for overcoming obstacles and completing levels. 

Dongzhi Festival (Holiday celebrated in Asia) - Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition 

The Dongzhi Festival is centered around the yin and yang philosophy and finding balance and harmony in everyday life. Sleeping Dogs is about an undercover cop who has to manage his desire to follow the law and need to infiltrate Hong Kong’s toughest triad. A key struggle for the protagonist Wei Shen is finding the balance between both lives. 

I should be able to cross off a couple more games before the end of the event, but sadly, I won't be able to complete the whole board, like I'd hoped. 

• Like 1

New additions to the event card:

• 19 - LGBT Center Awareness Day - Vampyr (There are homossexual NPC's in this game, and this was the best I can get in the meanwhile, for the games I have right now)

• 22 - National Cranberry Relish Day - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Well, as all I can remember related to cranberry is the band, Cranberries, I opted to use their most known hit song, Zombie, to fill this square. Hope it fits ?)

• 29 - Tick Tock Day - Ion Driver (The year was ending and this was one of the last letters I had to complete the A to Z challenge i proposed myself to do in 2021)
  • 27 - National Chocolate Cake Day - When Vikings Attack! (There is one trophy to defend a cake, which seems to be a chocolate cake, so I believe it fits)

JeGt1G2.png

Progress so far:

Spoiler

October

Have another player recommend you a Holiday ( Sadie Hawkins day ) - Beyond: Two Souls

Use a Holiday celebrated in the Spring or Summer

Use a Holiday primarily celebrated in Noth or South America (Canada Day) - South Park: The Stick of Truth

19 - LGBT Center Awareness Day - Vampyr

November

22 - National Cranberry Relish Day - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

December

29 - Tick Tock Day - Ion Driver

January

27 - National Chocolate Cake Day - When Vikings Attack!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

sICqFJN.jpg

UPDATE:

Not my last update but man.... I am almost finished with AEREA, Sadly I won't be able to start and finish Yooka L. or Sims in order to complete another line, I could change Savage Halloween for another game that I did in October, but it won't change the completion of a line, so it don't matter. So there you go. 3 lines dones almost 4, I'll probably finished the 4th on the weekend.

About the games.

Holiday: October 8, World Egg Day.

Game: Yoku's Island Express.

Love this game, basically you are an insect and you roll around in a ball, looks like an egg, maybe it is an egg I don't remember, but basically is like a mixture of Pinball and Metroivania game, so fun. Btw there is an Egg in the game, which you hatch once you 100% the game to get the true ending, so there it is it fits.

Holiday November 2: All Soul's Day

Game: Soul Axiom.

Very interesting, this is a sequel of Master Reboot, or at least is on the same universe, so you explore different memories and dreams, that are basically registered in a cloud, is a good game.

Holiday: Have another player recommend you a Holiday (any month) XMAS

Game: Batman Arkham Origins.

Well this game is awesome and it is placed on Xmas in a very early life of the Batman in Gotham City, basically it explains how Blackwater jail wasn't enough so at the end there is an agreement that Arkham should be reopened for this super criminals. I think this is the best Arkham game in so many levels, it has the best Story, best dramatic moment and the best Boss Battle (Deathstroke). The problem is that this game came out with a lot of bugs and even now  there are some bugs here and there which makes the trophy hunting and sometimes even the combat, a little bit annoying at some moments, super hard Platinum and super time consuming.

Holiday: November 22: Go For a Ride Day

Game: Burnout Paradise

I can't believe I didn't play this game before, is so addicting, the driving is so fun, the modes have a lot of variety, and it still looks pretty cool.

The trophies pop super fast, at least in my experience, just by playing naturally, some multiplayer trophies here and there, but it is very easy and doable, even for non racing fans, this is a game worth a try.

• Like 2

Book Lover’s Day (Nov. 6) - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 

You can collect so many, many things in Skyrim. For an adventurer who has every dragon priest mask, daedric artifact, and wheel of cheese in the nine holds, there’s only one thing left to do: acquire a library worth of lore and books to sift through as my personal bard plays one of three songs over and over. Which is what I do every time I create a new character in Skyrim. No matter the build, they’re always insatiable readers. 

King’s Day (Holiday celebrated in Europe) - Dragon Age: Inquisition  

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a vast game with powerful NPCs using their influence to outmaneuver the inquisitor (i.e. playable character). The nobility consists of royal families, empresses, and - what matters for this holiday challenge - kings. 

FREE SPACE (Nov. 31) - Dragon Age II 

And with that, I've completed as much as I will for this event. Congrats to every one who's made progress for charity! 

Final board: 

Spoiler

Vm9aNZU.png

• Like 1

Final additions to the event card:

• Use a Holiday celebrated in the Spring or Summer - 12th September - National Video Games Day (US) - Energy Invasion (Guess any videogame would fit to celebrate this day)

• 26th December - Kwanzaa - The Walking Dead: Michonne (As it is an afro-american celebration, decided to go with a game where the main character is afro-american)

• 5th December - International Ninja Day - LEGO Ninjago Movie: The Videogame
  • 7th January - Italy Flag Day - Grid 2 (A game where the italian flag is present)

Thanks for giving us the chance to participate in this event! Didn't thought I would end up completing the event card, but it feels good to see I could finish it on time.

wfD6W3A.png

Progress done:

Spoiler

October

Use a Holiday celebrated in the Spring or Summer (12th September - National Video Games Day (US) - Energy Invasion

19 - LGBT Center Awareness Day - Vampyr

November

22 - National Cranberry Relish Day - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

December

26 - Kwanzaa - The Walking Dead: Michonne

29 - Tick Tock Day - Ion Driver

5 - International Ninja Day - LEGO Ninjago Movie: The Videogame

January

7 - Italy Flag Day - Grid 2

27 - National Chocolate Cake Day - When Vikings Attack!