Loading times are really bad...

BeeR3Dx

12 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Play Metro Exodus and then talk about long loading time.

This ⬆️

After Metro everything seems short... I could take a nap, cook my dinner, go for a smoke break, and get back to the game just in time for the loading to be done ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeeR3Dx said:

I'm playing on PS4 Pro and the loading times after a failed mission are stupidly long, its so frustrating. Anyone else noticed this? I didn't notice anyone else complaining.

Bought the game finally and I was hoping for no trouble.  This doesn't sound good.

So do you find that it's after failing only, or is it other loading times as well Bee?

9 hours ago, kfree7 said:

Bought the game finally and I was hoping for no trouble.  This doesn't sound good.

So do you find that it's after failing only, or is it other loading times as well Bee?

I would say other loading times are around the same lenght, but they don't feel that long because it's understandable, it has to load everything and maybe you're just starting the game or a mission. But when you die in the exact same place many times and each time it still has to load for around 30 seconds, plus the death animation is suuuuper slow, slower than GTA 4 for example, and the loading screen is very boring, no tips, nothing, just your character standing there. All of this combined is pretty annoying.

I was excited to play this game too, the game is nice, often looks beautiful, but I've experienced alot of bugs, the final product just doesn't seem polished... I would never think a game like this could have so many bugs, don't get me wrong, they aren't like game breaking bugs, they are just little things here and there that break the immersion for the player. Plus the NPC's around town are pretty braindead.

It's a good game, it just isn't no GTA or RDR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeeR3Dx said:

I would say other loading times are around the same lenght, but they don't feel that long because it's understandable, it has to load everything and maybe you're just starting the game or a mission. But when you die in the exact same place many times and each time it still has to load for around 30 seconds, plus the death animation is suuuuper slow, slower than GTA 4 for example, and the loading screen is very boring, no tips, nothing, just your character standing there. All of this combined is pretty annoying.

I was excited to play this game too, the game is nice, often looks beautiful, but I've experienced alot of bugs, the final product just doesn't seem polished... I would never think a game like this could have so many bugs, don't get me wrong, they aren't like game breaking bugs, they are just little things here and there that break the immersion for the player. Plus the NPC's around town are pretty braindead.

It's a good game, it just isn't no GTA or RDR.

The loading times are definitely bad and weren't optimized at all for BC gaming on ps5. It makes me sad that this game never got next gen enhancements like 60 fps or loading time optimizations. Even if they don't release a native ps5 version of the game (which would be awesome, because i really love this game), a next gen patch wouldn't be too much work i guess. It's a shame that none of the mafia games (even including mafia 2 remastered) runs in 60 fps.