Worst game with trophies you’ve ever played (all PS consoles) and did you grind through to achieve platinum?

amurnin100

2 minutes ago, DaaneS97 said:

Beyond: Two Souls

Replaying it for so many times felt like a huge waste of time and it made me question trophy hunting in general

I felt like that about Detroit : Become Human :/

8 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Drakengard 3. Fuck that last boss, no I don't care about any 'Git gud' - playing a rhythm game with the TV screen going blank can go bounce a polonium coated cactus.

Just looked at the gameplay and I can see why you hate it ??

• Like 1

There's three:

Fallout 4: The mechanics suck, the game looks terrible overall, and there isn't a 60 fps upscale for PS5 users. The some trophies are also missable and the game takes at least 50 hours to platinum. I can't even handle a few hours playing this game.

Mighty No. 9: Really frustrating game. About a third of the trophy list requires some sort of skill to do. Technically I can do it, but the game is pretty bad so I usually take stabs at the trophies once in a while.

Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon Wildlands: Despite having the plat, this game is god awful and the collectables take 40 hours alone to collect. No 60 fps upscale for PS5 users either. Though I find this game to be more enjoyable with friends.

• Like 1

Worms Rumble is a decent game to play for maybe a couple of hours but unfortunately, the platinum is 100+ hours (I think I was at like 119 or something). The servers are horrendous to the point that hit reg was constantly its own fight, the game launched with three maps and three game modes, it's too much of a clusterfuck for there to be any semblance of strategy (especially with 32-player matches), and some of the weapons you had to grind levels on were both hard to keep and straight up useless to kill with. At least the movement was pretty satisfying.

The Fallout series has giant cockroaches, so they are all bad.

I normally don't experience buyer's remorse as I tend to love even a bad game and I know to avoid most boring ones (Worms Rumble being an exception since it was free) but my one exception is Caligula Effect. I only played it for roughly an hour but even then, I found the plot, the characters, and everything else to just be so unappealing that I just dropped it. Is it fair to judge a JRPG so quick? Probably not. But I did it anyway ?‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Segimon said:

There's three:

Fallout 4: The mechanics suck, the game looks terrible overall, and there isn't a 60 fps upscale for PS5 users. The some trophies are also missable and the game takes at least 50 hours to platinum. I can't even handle a few hours playing this game.

Mighty No. 9: Really frustrating game. About a third of the trophy list requires some sort of skill to do. Technically I can do it, but the game is pretty bad so I usually take stabs at the trophies once in a while.

Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon Wildlands: Despite having the plat, this game is god awful and the collectables take 40 hours alone to collect. No 60 fps upscale for PS5 users either. Though I find this game to be more enjoyable with friends.

I’ve played mighty o 9 and it will remain deleted on my PS3 ?

Drawn to Death

Tried it when it came to Plus years ago and got 3 trophies in before nope-ing out entirely. One of the least fun experiences I've had in all my years of gaming. Even if I could go back and get more trophies, I wouldn't - That's how much I hated it. There's been games where I've hated the grind I had to do to get the platinum (Hardware: Rivals springs to mind) but I enjoyed the games enough to stick at it. D2D left such a bad first impression that it was never going to get to the platinum stage. 

Been 4 and a half years and I still hold a grudge against it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

Worms Rumble is a decent game to play for maybe a couple of hours but unfortunately, the platinum is 100+ hours (I think I was at like 119 or something). The servers are horrendous to the point that hit reg was constantly its own fight, the game launched with three maps and three game modes, it's too much of a clusterfuck for there to be any semblance of strategy (especially with 32-player matches), and some of the weapons you had to grind levels on were both hard to keep and straight up useless to kill with. At least the movement was pretty satisfying.

The Fallout series has giant cockroaches, so they are all bad.

I normally don't experience buyer's remorse as I tend to love even a bad game and I know to avoid most boring ones (Worms Rumble being an exception since it was free) but my one exception is Caligula Effect. I only played it for roughly an hour but even then, I found the plot, the characters, and everything else to just be so unappealing that I just dropped it. Is it fair to judge a JRPG so quick? Probably not. But I did it anyway ?‍♂️

I haven’t played any work games since the original on PS1 until Battlegrounds came out on PS4, 30 mins later and was deleted for eternity, won’t ever go back to the series. 

15 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Final Fantasy XV is the worst game I've ever played irregardless of trophies.

Never played any of them, it’s not my genre at all, but heard they can be grindy…

Edited by amurnin100

Munchkin Quacked Quest - A poor adaptation of a beloved card game. Too many unobtainable trophies because the publisher is garbage (Asmodee Digital).

Aliens Fireteam Elite - A great game that leaves a bad taste in your mouth due to horrible performance and multiple trophy glitches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

Drawn to Death

Tried it when it came to Plus years ago and got 3 trophies in before nope-ing out entirely. One of the least fun experiences I've had in all my years of gaming. Even if I could go back and get more trophies, I wouldn't - That's how much I hated it. There's been games where I've hated the grind I had to do to get the platinum (Hardware: Rivals springs to mind) but I enjoyed the games enough to stick at it. D2D left such a bad first impression that it was never going to get to the platinum stage. 

Been 4 and a half years and I still hold a grudge against it.

I was so tempted to download this at the time but had too much going on with other games , glad i avoided it :/

6 minutes ago, objectioner said:

Goat Simulator - specifically the 'flappy goat' Flapmaster  trophy. 

Normally I wouldn't touch a game like this but since it was free on PS+, I thought I would have a quick and easy 'free' platinum.

Got all the other trophies relatively quickly with the Flappy Goat one left to last...

Christ! That single trophy had me contemplating what exactly was I doing with my life and why on earth I even collect Platinum trophies.

The biggest problem with a rather simple sounding trophy is how the game is almost deliberately designed to be broken.

So even though you timed the jumps correctly, the wonky hitboxes could randomly say you hit the sides even though you could clearly see a several pixels wide gap.

Ultimately this game alone had made me more picky about Platinum-ing games - there no point putting yourself through pointless mental stress over a virtual achievement, especially on a game you know you were not likely to even enjoy playing to begin with. 

I’m gonna be honest here , unless I’m extremely lucky , I had no issues with this , both on PS3 and PS4 however I have seen people rage quit over this so I can understand the doubt :D

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Munchkin Quacked Quest - A poor adaptation of a beloved card game. Too many unobtainable trophies because the publisher is garbage (Asmodee Digital).

Aliens Fireteam Elite - A great game that leaves a bad taste in your mouth due to horrible performance and multiple trophy glitches.

Any game with Alien franchise that had online I avoid like the plague, hence the exception of Isolation , all it needs is a VR port and upgrade to PS5 and it will be enough to finance a sequel , no heard of the other game game though :/

Energy Invasion - Especially Linear mode.  I raged quit and deleted the game couldn't get passed lvl 17 and the fact you have to do in all one session was the final straw.

I've played so terrible games but do tend to soldier on.. this one though can take a long jump off a very high cliff ! ( Of course if any dear readers love this game and want to share play to prove me a noob feel free to offer ..)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

L353e76.png

Space Overlords

This product is to the gaming industry as a urinal cake is to the baking industry.

Yes!!! Absolutely agree , this game is based on luck and the AI not being a d*** , not to mention the grind you have to do after for the creator mode , platinumed but never again. 

Edited by amurnin100

2 minutes ago, PaoloGaldor said:

Energy Invasion - Especially Linear mode.  I raged quit and deleted the game couldn't get passed lvl 17 and the fact you have to do in all one session was the final straw.

I've played so terrible games but do tend to soldier on.. this one though can take a long jump off a very high cliff ! ( Of course if any dear readers love this game and want to share play to prove me a noob feel free to offer ..)

Don’t suppose you changed the difficulty to easy ?, done this 3 times across platforms and regions ?

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

THIS BAD ... THING

L659eab.png

"What's worse than a bad game? A boring game"

Well this game is both bad and boring! And grindy!

Easiest of the 3 in the trilogy , but grindy and boring bloody palace takes its place here , agreed :)

• Like 1

For me it would be Alone in the Dark 2010/09.

It takes forever to find all the evil trees to burn down and plus you basically have to go car hunting to get more health sprays/ any spray to use for your lighter.

Red Faction Guerrilla

The grind to 250 matches finished in ranked match same with all the mp challenges just painful

Another I will say is that should be on here is Far Cry 2 I have yet to plat it but I got everything planed to, I got my saves backed up in case shit hits the fan. the same with the buddy sub mission things and so on. basically backed up all of this to make sure all goes well but the online dear god I had to change my id name to get the shitty online trophies fuck me doing that again I like far cry 2 but fuck the online and the dumass bugs and glitches that ruins the fun of it.

One other that comes to mind is Dead Space 3 trying to get the hardcore mode trophy. I did it normal and had to redo it again when I found out a bug happens at the end for me that is tied to the final boss making it impossible for me to beat, I tried to do it on my other ps3 same thing. I tried to do it with another copy I ended up cheating it by using a glitch in the unpatched one of the game to keep the handconnon gun to go to hardcore and use it there to make getting to the end a lot easy. And then, found out even in the unpatched one of the game it didn't work even without the handconnon. the only way to fix it was to get a friend to do co op with at the end and it bloodly annoyed me as they had to basically fight the final boss while am just using tk on the rocks to help fight the boss couldn't help with the normal enemies in coming and yeah. It was for a lack of a better word a nightmare.

Last one I can think of with a grind that was painful to do was Damage.inc for Mercenaries 2. Fucking painful due to the fact the ea servers suck so badly that i ended up screwing myself out of 6 partners to help me on getting it. As you need to be in a friends game and make i think 1mil in dmgs and it is easy but it never popped and due to how bad the servers is if the game bugs out you and your mate you can't reconnect to your friend you have to find another and try again and it keeps happening and happening and yeah it finally popped after but yeah fuck that trophy.

Edit: Another game I remembered is DMC2 i done it 2 times once on ps3 and once on ps4 never again as fuck that game. I had to cheat on the ps4 one to make the game finish faster on the 9999 floors trophy. But i had to deal with all the floors on ps3 because there was no real good way to cheat them floors and it was just boring to hell and back on both ps3 and 4 never again will I play it again

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

For me it would be Alone in the Dark 2010/09.

It takes forever to find all the evil trees to burn down and plus you basically have to go car hunting to get more health sprays/ any spray to use for your lighter.

Red Faction Guerrilla

The grind to 250 matches finished in ranked match same with all the mp challenges just painful

Another I will say is that should be on here is Far Cry 2 I have yet to plat it but I got everything planed to, I got my saves backed up in case shit hits the fan. the same with the buddy sub mission things and so on. basically backed up all of this to make sure all goes well but the online dear god I had to change my id name to get the shitty online trophies fuck me doing that again I like far cry 2 but fuck the online and the dumass bugs and glitches that ruins the fun of it.

One other that comes to mind is Dead Space 3 trying to get the hardcore mode trophy. I did it normal and had to redo it again when I found out a bug happens at the end for me that is tied to the final boss making it impossible for me to beat, I tried to do it on my other ps3 same thing. I tried to do it with another copy I ended up cheating it by using a glitch in the unpatched one of the game to keep the handconnon gun to go to hardcore and use it there to make getting to the end a lot easy. And then, found out even in the unpatched one of the game it didn't work even without the handconnon. the only way to fix it was to get a friend to do co op with at the end and it bloodly annoyed me as they had to basically fight the final boss while am just using tk on the rocks to help fight the boss couldn't help with the normal enemies in coming and yeah. It was for a lack of a better word a nightmare.

Last one I can think of with a grind that was painful to do was Damage.inc for Mercenaries 2. Fucking painful due to the fact the ea servers suck so badly that i ended up screwing myself out of 6 partners to help me on getting it. As you need to be in a friends game and make i think 1mil in dmgs and it is easy but it never popped and due to how bad the servers is if the game bugs out you and your mate you can't reconnect to your friend you have to find another and try again and it keeps happening and happening and yeah it finally popped after but yeah fuck that trophy.

Ea servers are s*** so don’t blame you and my brother finished AITD and hates every minute of it, any wonder the franchise is dead :/

• Like 1

The Quiet Man - Be me, thinking "nah, it can't be as bad as everyone says it is, Imma gonna give it a chance, it's on sale after all!" And thus commences some of the most boring drivel I've ever played. And being the masochist I am, I played it twice so I could experience it in all its voice acting glory in the second playthrough, which somehow made it even worse. Didn't bother getting all the trophies though, fuck getting through the entire game without ever getting hit. I still remember the game crashing on me near the end of my 2nd playthrough and I had to endure the 20-30 minutes of progress I lost again.

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories - I couldn't tell if this game was supposed to be some kind of parody by the end of it. It's like it was constantly trying to tell meaningful, heartfelt stories about people and how they react to the disasters around them, but then it also constantly broke the 4th wall and had characters behaving very... Strangely, to put it mildly, while buildings are collapsing and shit. Suffered the platinum for this, but thankfully it was one of those "so bad it's good" experiences.

Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit - I felt like I was playing through some 16 year old's bad power fantasy fanfic with shoddy characters and writing. I don't really like David Cage games much in general but holy shit this game was fucking ridiculous on so many levels. Didn't suffer for the platinum for this, I'd much sooner play through the Quiet Man again as my preferred method of self torture.

Xblaze: Lost Memories - Haven't ever played a BlazBlue game, and don't intend to ever play one. I played this simply because it was free on PS+, and decided to give it a chance, even though I never read the first VN, cause why not? Big mistake, it's insanely boring, and I've managed to trudge through boring otome VNs for longer (I like VNs, but I'm not a fan of entirely romance centric VNs). I ended up skipping through most of the dialogue for the plat.

Nightcry - My most recent one. This game runs at a steady 5 frames per second, lower during chase sequences. Graphics look late PS2, complete with textures that literally never load in, and a few game breaking bugs that require you to restart the entire game to get it working properly again (e.g. Item menu that will never appear, to your character no longer moving no matter what you do after a cutscene). Pretty much everything has a loading screen attached to it, some lasting up to a minute or so, and if you're really lucky, it will freeze during a loading screen, forcing you to close the application. I also suffered through this to get the platinum, but thankfully it didn't take much backtracking after the main game was complete.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaoloGaldor said:

Yeah tried on "easy" mode would'nt be a problem if it had level select !! but can only bash my head against a wall for so long lol !!

Yeah I think trying it on Vita might be the trick , even with remote play for PS4, smaller screen therefore you have better reactions, only thing I can recommend.

1 minute ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

The Quiet Man - Be me, thinking "nah, it can't be as bad as everyone says it is, Imma gonna give it a chance, it's on sale after all!" And thus commences some of the most boring drivel I've ever played. And being the masochist I am, I played it twice so I could experience it in all its voice acting glory in the second playthrough, which somehow made it even worse. Didn't bother getting all the trophies though, fuck getting through the entire game without ever getting hit. I still remember the game crashing on me near the end of my 2nd playthrough and I had to endure the 20-30 minutes of progress I lost again.

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories - I couldn't tell if this game was supposed to be some kind of parody by the end of it. It's like it was constantly trying to tell meaningful, heartfelt stories about people and how they react to the disasters around them, but then it also constantly broke the 4th wall and had characters behaving very... Strangely, to put it mildly, while buildings are collapsing and shit. Suffered the platinum for this, but thankfully it was one of those "so bad it's good" experiences.

Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit - I felt like I was playing through some 16 year old's bad power fantasy fanfic with shoddy characters and writing. I don't really like David Cage games much in general but holy shit this game was fucking ridiculous on so many levels. Didn't suffer for the platinum for this, I'd much sooner play through the Quiet Man again as my preferred method of self torture.

Xblaze: Lost Memories - Haven't ever played a BlazBlue game, and don't intend to ever play one. I played this simply because it was free on PS+, and decided to give it a chance, even though I never read the first VN, cause why not? Big mistake, it's insanely boring, and I've managed to trudge through boring otome VNs for longer (I like VNs, but I'm not a fan of entirely romance centric VNs). I ended up skipping through most of the dialogue for the plat.

Nightcry - My most recent one. This game runs at a steady 5 frames per second, lower during chase sequences. Graphics look late PS2, complete with textures that literally never load in, and a few game breaking bugs that require you to restart the entire game to get it working properly again (e.g. Item menu that will never appear, to your character no longer moving no matter what you do after a cutscene). Pretty much everything has a loading screen attached to it, some lasting up to a minute or so, and if you're really lucky, it will freeze during a loading screen, forcing you to close the application. I also suffered through this to get the platinum, but thankfully it didn't take much backtracking after the main game was complete.

Only played Xblaze, was easy but hare the anime genre ( don’t hate me) and Indigo Prophecy was the worst out of all Quantium Dreams games , after 1 playthrough , it was enough for me , and the quick time on hard is unforgivable….