Going for 100% from USA in 2021

CharlesB753

4 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I would, if I actually knew how you made an EU account on your PS3.

$42 dollars to get the Trials though, my gosh, yet I've spent more so whatever.

The system is region free, why wouldn't you be able to make an EU account. All you'd really need that's a must is a valid email address to verify. Or are you saying you don't know how?

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe
  • Like 1

Buying the ultimate bundle from the UK store to play Trials of St. Lucia works fine for NA region people.  This has been a known strategy since 2017 or whenever they removed the DLC from the NA PSN store.  I had to do it way back then myself and everything unlocks fine since the trophy lists are shared.  I played the trials earlier this year with a friend and things were still working then, but the servers are definitely not something you can depend on being up for that much longer, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

The system is region free, why wouldn't you be able to make an EU account. All you'd really need that's a must is a valid email address to verify. Or are you saying you don't know how?

I've never really used the browser funcionality on the PS3.  Can't I just do this on a PC, then download the DLC on the PS3?

Or just easier to do it on the PS3?   I guess you could say I don't know how.

9 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I've never really used the browser funcionality on the PS3.

You don't even need to use the browser on the PS3. Just select the region you want when making a new account (with a new email address).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I've never really used the browser funcionality on the PS3.  Can't I just do this on a PC, then download the DLC on the PS3?

Or just easier to do it on the PS3?   I guess you could say I don't know how.

1. Create a new account from your ps3

2. Enter a Europe address when prompted

You can't access the ps3 store via web browser anymore, but if you wanted to create the account on a pc I believe there is no problems with that either. You'd just need to browse the store from a console when it comes time to purchase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

1. Create a new account from your ps3

2. Enter a Europe address when prompted

You can't access the ps3 store via web browser anymore, but if you wanted to create the account on a pc I believe there is no problems with that either. You'd just need to browse the store from a console when it comes time to purchase.

5 minutes ago, Helyx said:

You don't even need to use the browser on the PS3. Just select the region you want when making a new account (with a new email address).

Thanks dudes, I will give it a go tonight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Thanks dudes, I will give it a go tonight.

I'm not the worst partner in the world, but I like to think I have a lot of experience with hack and slash games (all God of War games on my last account and some others). 

I've never played Dante's Inferno, and have always wanted to. Now seems like the time.

That Ultra Rare looks tasty! 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CharlesB753 said:

I will update this with my progress for those who are wondering if 100% this game is possible. 

For those that haven't seen the other Dante's Inferno forum posts, it appears that the DLC, Trials of St. Lucia, is no longer available on the US Playstation Store, but the EU store has the ultimate bundle. 

So I made an EU Account from my PS3.
Then, from G2A, I purchased a 30 Pound PS Card to buy the bundle (25 pounds). It costed me ~42 USD. 

Now, I'm installing the game. I will be playing through and enjoying the story first, then i'll move onto the DLC. 

This is a very good game imo. Enjoy it.

As for the multiplayer part... good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlesB753 said:

I'm not the worst partner in the world, but I like to think I have a lot of experience with hack and slash games (all God of War games on my last account and some others). 

I've never played Dante's Inferno, and have always wanted to. Now seems like the time.

That Ultra Rare looks tasty! 

No worries.  I will try to get an EU Account set up and see if I can snag the DL, you can send me a friend request.

I'm pretty good at this game so unless the online is brutal, it should be no concern.

EA has a long and storied history of screwing people over when it comes to making EA accounts, or trying to recover an old EA account they made a long time ago. If you can't recover your EA account, then you are basically screwed, since your EA account is tied to your PlayStation Network account. That's how some people got fucked when they tried to play Madden NFL games online.

The fact you have to make a EU account to get the DLC is more than what most people are willing to spend time on. Everything except for the trials looks pretty straightforward, just takes a bit of time to get done.

The two player trials stop a lot of people from earning the 100%, but if you can manage it, then you got yourself a prestigious 100%, since it does take a lot of work and effort to achieve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

EA has a long and storied history of screwing people over when it comes to making EA accounts, or trying to recover an old EA account they made a long time ago. If you can't recover your EA account, then you are basically screwed, since your EA account is tied to your PlayStation Network account. That's how some people got fucked when they tried to play Madden NFL games online.

The fact you have to make a EU account to get the DLC is more than what most people are willing to spend time on. Everything except for the trials looks pretty straightforward, just takes a bit of time to get done.

The two player trials stop a lot of people from earning the 100%, but if you can manage it, then you got yourself a prestigious 100%, since it does take a lot of work and effort to achieve.

On our 3rd attempt we got to the 2nd to last wave on Ascension.  So just clean up a few mistakes and we should get the 2P trials done by next weekend I'm thinking.

It's gone pretty good so far.  

I still have to finish the single player trials.  Just need a but of time as I'm juggling multiple games at once.

5 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

On our 3rd attempt we got to the 2nd to last wave on Ascension.  So just clean up a few mistakes and we should get the 2P trials done by next weekend I'm thinking.

It's gone pretty good so far.  

I still have to finish the single player trials.  Just need a but of time as I'm juggling multiple games at once.

Is it challenging in terms of skill, or are the two player trials a test of endurance? I haven't played them yet so I don't really know.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Is it challenging in terms of skill, or are the two player trials a test of endurance? I haven't played them yet so I don't really know.

A little of both actually. Some of the trials are rather long and most of them are pretty challenging. One person can't really 'carry' the team, both players have to know what they're doing.

Agreed with the above analysis of the 2P trial. I'd say the trials are definitely a test of endurance - Gates of Hell 2 on solo is a 2 hour endeavor as 1/40th of the bronze trophy, for example. Multiple EA trials are multiple hour endeavors, with Ascension, the trial that everyone deems the hardest, taking 45 minutes per run. LegendExeter and I did it on our 4th try, but it's not easy. 9 coop trials left and we are done :) 

I'm going to not bother with that trophy then. I've done some pretty hard stuff. Doing an old ass arcade game (Son Son) in Capcom Arcade Cabinet. Doing Commando Mode solo in Resogun. Both of which were catered more towards co-op. There's probably a couple more examples, but I can't think of them right now.

Doing a bunch of trials that take hours, hours each for some of them, and rely on an online partner who is skilled and determined.... no thanks. I'm automatically out. That's where I cross the line in regards to me trying to get trophies. Plus, my internet is poor, so I probably can't get that trophy anyway.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 8:59 PM, AJ_Radio said:

When you say endurance since I'm going through the Challenge Towers in Mortal Kombat it makes me think of those 2 on 1 fights that are totally cheap.

I guess I would agree with the above posters, it does take some skill, if you are completely inept at the game, then you could bring the other partner down and neither of you could finish the arena or overall Trial.  On the aspect of Endurance, this isn't a grind trophy per se', if so it's a Skill Grind, and not a Time Grind.  The issue of it is that you need to know when to use Divine Armor to restore your health and sometimes get the Health or Mana at altar's.  This is based on how much damage as well as how fast you take damage from the enemies, based on the enemies you are fighting that round, and the overall arena difficulty setting for that Trial.  Classic is Easy, Zealot is Normal, Hellish is Difficult, Infernal Hard as all Hell.  So basically its kind of like combat, mixed with health and mana management, yet it's a lot easier than I'm probably making it out to be.  You will adjust based upon what you see in the fights.  

Personally while it's harder than God of War in challenges, simply due to the variety of challenge types there are, it's also a lot more enjoyable.  Doing the take no damage or don't get hit round in GoW is pretty cheap.  While this game has a couple of "Take No Damage" rounds, yet doesn't feel as cheap as there are strategies you can employ.  Example, you could try to keep your distance with Dante, fly around and shoot fireballs with Lucia, or you could use Divine Armor magic and try to kill the enemies while that is on, as you take no damage from enemies during that time(yet you still can take trap damage).

I greatly enjoyed doing the MP with Charles, at the same time, after you really analyzed or did your research on how to beat the challenges, I found them strangely kind of fair or an acceptable difficulty.  I mean, you don't think the trophy is just going to give itself to you.  It takes a bit of work, yet I feel, it's worth it.

Granted this is me saying it with 4 SP challenges left, 3 Dante, 1 Lucia, yet I'm confident enough that I will complete the last 4 and get the trophy.  While harder then GoW, I would say to anyone that enjoys the Hack n' Slash genre, this is a challenge you can accomplish.

Edited by LegendExeter

5 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

Super Pack includes everything, though, correct?

This bundle includes includes a digital license for Dante's Inferno™ and all of the downloadable content for Dante's Inferno™: Trials of St. Lucia, Dark Forest, Devil Pack, Godlike Pack, Relics Triple Pack, Animated Film Dante Costume, Florentine Dante Costume, Free Soul Pack, Small Soul Pack, Medium Soul Pack, and Large Soul Pack. There are no refunds for this item. 

• Like 1