Chapter 5 Ending Crash

On 10/1/2021 at 2:54 AM, Forunth said:

The game worked fine before. bunch of people including me got platinums for PS4 and PS5 versions.  it seems to be a new patch that broke something. No need to be salty about FuLl pRiCe GaMe!!!111, noone forced you to buy it at full price, Glitches happen, the game worked like a charm before that patch, so it seemed to be throughouly tested. 

This is you saying: Fuck you got mine! How gross. 

Patches need to be "throughouly tested" too bud. The next time you pay for something that's broken or doesn't work how intended I hope you remember posting this little gem.  

On 11/30/2021 at 6:22 AM, drm85 said:

This happened to me too. Go into settings on your PS5, set resolution to 1080p and turn off HDR. This will resolve it for you.

This worked like a charm! Thanks for posting this. I'm glad I got the game that I paid for to work even though I didn't pay full price.

3 hours ago, Doomed_Gary said:

This is you saying: Fuck you got mine! How gross. 

Patches need to be "throughouly tested" too bud. The next time you pay for something that's broken or doesn't work how intended I hope you remember posting this little gem.  

This worked like a charm! Thanks for posting this. I'm glad I got the game that I paid for to work even though I didn't pay full price.

I see you took my message out of the context, like it wasn't a reply to someone that was complaining abiut developers being shitty. Did I say fuck you got mine? No. I said glitches happen, no need to say how terrible devs are because patch broke something. I got locked out of Ni no kuni platinum with last trophy after 130 hours, I would never shit on developers. Be frustrated, sad, angry, sure. But passive agressive comments how devs don't care is absurd. My comment wasn't "don't care if you get yours" it was "the game is awesome, was throughoutly tested because it worked beautifly before and now patch had a error that fucked something up".

But awesome you put words into my mouth. I am just tired albout people shitting on developers of games. You have right to fully working game, you have the right to fully complete product, but it doesn't hurt to be a nice person and understand how complicated games are and sometimes you have to iron out some wrinkles, which takes time.

Also who the hell buys game full price just to complain about full price and how the game is not worth it? 

With the latest Version 1.05 Patch, on my base PS4, the game is still crashing at the ending cutscene.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:22 AM, drm85 said:

This happened to me too. Go into settings on your PS5, set resolution to 1080p and turn off HDR. This will resolve it for you.

On PS4 at least, I don't have HDR enabled and my resolution was set to 1080p.

However, I was able to get a PS5 and downloaded the PS4 version alongside my save, and the game didn't crash during the final cutscene.

The video output settings on my PS5 are 4K, no HDR. 

I didn't have a PS5 when the 1.04 version was available, so I'm not sure if the 1.05 patch did anything for running it on PS5 at least, or if it was just me switching consoles that got it to work.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:56 PM, Amano_Aki said:

My ps5 still get crash when I play the PS4 version...even I patched update last night. It's not work for me.

(Though from the sounds of it, it was probably the latter). 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jon1277 said:

Hi, I've just gotten up to the Chapter 5 scene and it is crashing for me as well.  I only own a PS4.  I've checked updates for the game and there are no new ones.  It's very frustrating.

I did what was suggested earlier and it got me past the crash in the final scene. Set my display in the PS dashboard settings to 1080p and made sure my HDR was turned off. In my case, this was on a PS5 playing the PS4 version of the game, but hopefully that will help you out as well.

• 1 month later...

So I had the same annoying issue. The game crashed 3 times ate the final part, preventing the last trophy. Tried 3 times, all the same.

- Playing: PHYSICAL PS4 version with latest patch

- Console: PS4 Pro (don't have PS5)

Solution: went to console settings and changed to 1080p and turned off HDR

And that's it! The scene finally continued and I got the platinum! 

Never uninstalled the game or tried to move or anything, just did what I said above.

Hope it helps someone with the same problem

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 6:22 AM, drm85 said:

This worked for me. Playing on PS5 with the disc PS4 version. Kept crashing during the final cutscene at the same spot. Thanks. 

Can't believe 4 months later it's still an issue. Got my platinum

• 2 months later...

Bonjour, 

Idem pour moi, en dématérialisé, ça plante encore aujourd'hui avec une version à jour.

Mais merci beaucoup à vous pour la solution, ça a fonctionné. En jouant là la version PS4 sur une PS5, j'ai mis sur 1080p dans les paramètres de la console et j'ai relancé la sauvegarde,  puis le jeu n'a plus planté. Merci encore.

Edited by loudid

• 1 month later...

I just want to chime in and say that I was also playing the PS4 version on PS5 and had the same crashing glitch twice in a row. I moved the game to my internal PS5 storage and turned off HDR and set it to 1080p and it finally worked. Not sure what part of that actually did the trick but I figured I'd say exactly what I did.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2022 at 4:11 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

I just want to chime in and say that I was also playing the PS4 version on PS5 and had the same crashing glitch twice in a row. I moved the game to my internal PS5 storage and turned off HDR and set it to 1080p and it finally worked. Not sure what part of that actually did the trick but I figured I'd say exactly what I did.

this totally worked for me as well

i transferred my ps4 save to the ps5 and those settings made it work (and made sure it was in the internal drive) 

• 2 weeks later...

I experienced crashes on the PS4 version. It happened at the ending. It would get to the part where snow had covered parts of the town then crash. I had the game installed on my external SSD. I deleted the game and reinstalled it without connecting to the internet and the ending went a little further than before, but eventually ended up crashing. 

If you are going through this is in 2022 or later, and you have more than one storage locations for the PS4, the fix seems to be putting the game onto the internal PS4 hard drive. I completed the ending with the default install (no update). The platinum trophy might not pop. Just go to chapter select and see which memory didn't upload. I had them all, but for some strange reason I had to get two more to get the platinum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/11/2021 at 11:03 PM, Sn1per666999 said:

Happened to me as well. New update out today. I'll try again later tonight and see if it is still an issue.

Update: Just finished it after being stuck on the final cutscene. Fixed for me at least.

On the ps4 version but playing on the ps5? It's now Jan the 2nd and I still can't get the last trophy ? anything that can help me because I sold my ps4 like a year ago.

I am playing PS4 disc version on my PS4... cannot get through the ending scenes. Get a crash at some point or another during the final scenes with Gabe narrating. Each reload puts me back at the beginning of the scene....frustrating! 

I've also tried turning off HDR, and I am on internal storage... it seems to fail at a different point each time. So I guess I will try a few more times!

Edited by JABing

On 1/2/2023 at 4:38 PM, afc-razor-84 said:

On the ps4 version but playing on the ps5? It's now Jan the 2nd and I still can't get the last trophy 1f3c6.png anything that can help me because I sold my ps4 like a year ago.

Yes. It was the digital PS4 version running on PS5.

Edited by Sn1per666999
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 23/3/2023 at 8:03 PM, guts_rage_ said:

I keep trying in every way, but nothing. It keeps crashing during episode 5 ending...it's so frustrating.

Congratulations on the plat! ?

Did you play the PS4 version on PS4? What did you do to resolve the issue?

I'm planning to start the game tomorrow.

I'm in the final part of chapter 5, the game still crashes during Gabe's monologue ? (tried playing on ps4 slim, ps5 and even via streaming, it always crashes at the same spot "4th fade to black scene")

update: managed to finally fix my issue (in the console settings I disabled HDR and changed the output to 1080. -credits to reddit user "zenotds"-) 

Edited by Midovich

On 11/30/2021 at 8:22 AM, drm85 said:

This worked for me right away. Thank you for this info. I was able to complete the story and get the plat because of this.

I experienced a single crash late in the third chapter on PS4. In other words, the final chapter went smoothly.

I didn't change anything prior to starting the game. My video output was at default (Auto) and HDR was not available since my screen was not capable of it.