Update 1.07 thoughts?

Studfox

https://updatecrazy.com/splitgate-1-07-patch-notes-september-update-sep-28-2021/

Just booted it up and saw the changes from the most recent update and i'm split (har har.)

The new UI and menu looks clean but they cut down a ton of individual game mode queues (currently no laser tag or team fiesta which were my go-to quick wins for the 1047 wins trophy) and will cycle them in and out weekly supposedly. If this helps with queue times, I guess it's two steps forward one step back but still a bummer for some of those niche game modes I liked to play daily.

"Gameplay

Mantling – Adding support for mantling (ledge grabbing). Designed as jetpack boost so that there is not first person animation that interferes with aim/gunplay. Option to turn off in Settings > Gameplay"

^This will be cool to see because I have missed a jump by mere inches too many times lol

I also noticed that Contamination mode has no radar anymore. Also, last man standing on Contamination mode has the V.I.P status above their name. This makes hiding and waiting for the timer to run out impossible against human players. Haha. This was alot of fun for people. But also very annoying too for others. The cheesiness has been nerfed I guess. I was using CM for easy Bot wins for awhile. The 1047 wins trophy is quite a long haul for many. I am currently at 668 wins. Lot of work to go. So, yeah. I see that Zombie V.I.P is also gone. I enjoyed that mode for a few days. I never viewed the patch/update notes until just now from your post. I just played and found out. lol

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1