Gaming Sessions Reputation Idea

willmill97

Man, on Friday I had a session for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, I needed 3 other people to show up to make a group of 4, which I needed at a minimum. I made the session open to unlimited players just because I've had a rash of no shows. I had 8 people sign up. 1 backed out the night before due to work, which was totally understandable. 2 rejected my friend request on PSN so I could invite them (what?!). Two never accepted my friend request and never showed up. The two that did show up were the last two guys to sign up. 1 was online at the time of the session start, but never responded to any of my game invites and messages and then went offline 10 minutes after it was supposed to begin. I wasn't just pissed, but PISSED. So were the other two guys. I needed 4 to do it, 3 were there. 2 people showed up out of 8.

So I would like to see a reputation system too. It's allegedly in the works and has been addressed in a few threads already. I just felt like ranting here. :P

• Like 3

LIKE, haha, I've had two sessions a few weekends back where only half the people showed up, in one of them, the person who created the session did not even join or add anyone!!!

MY SUGGESTION - I'm thinking maybe a menu after you complete a session that says "Who showed up to the session?", then under that it lists everyone's name with a "yes" in green or a "no" in red. then that goes towards a "reputation bar" similar to the YouTube like/dislike bar where the green part of the bar is time showing up and the red part of the bar is not showing up, with a percentage show-up rate along with the number of times sessions were completed (not sessions joined then left before the sessions started) that is displayed next to the show-up percentage rate.

Don't know where that info would go, I guess under your name on the right side of a game session page (Gamers in this Session area)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

Most recent (commented) part of the developpment updates.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11285-a-few-gaming-sessions-updates/

I plan to add a feedback system, initial notes editing and user invitations soon, also changing "friends only" to "private" which will require an invite to join.

Basically Sly is working on it.

Edited by Memnoch

Joined one gaming session where not everyone showed up (including the organizer). Started a second one for this morning and 1 of the people necessary didn't show up. Then, one of the ones who *did* show up, left right as we got a random online person to help out. Never have I felt so defeated. It's the last trophy I need for my Plat!!!

Feedback would be wonderful. Does anyone know why someone who joined my gaming session was 'Banned' right when they joined? I'm fairly forgiving so I'd probably only cut people off if they're at 50% or less with 10 or more gaming sessions, but the very members are undermining the whole point of this community.

• 1 month later...

I'm aware this is being worked on, but this really needs to be a high priority.
In the past 4 gaming sessions in a row, the other person either didn't show up, or told me they were too busy when it came time for the session. I've gotten up early just to do some of these sessions(because of time differences), and it's incredibly frustrating to just be blown off like that when I do. And people are so paranoid everyone is going to leave after getting their trophy(myself included), that I've had a couple sessions where people left because I insisted I go first, because I knew I wouldn't leave the other person hanging, but they didn't trust me.
People need to have some kind of consequence if they're not going to show up or if they're just going to leave mid-session.
Honestly, it's gotten to the point where it's easier to find randoms to grind out trophies instead of using the game sessions, and that's just sad.

I think this is needed, because I am sick of people in gaming sessions ditching everyone else as soon as they get their trophy.

This exact thing happened to me. My so-called "partner" completely bailed on me as soon as his trophy popped. It took me almost a week to find a new partner to help me finish. I seriously wish I could tell all future gaming session partners who add him to beware!

• Like 1

I tried to boost with someone, they requested the boost and set the time and date. The time was a little late but I figured screw it I wanna get it done. Time comes for the boost and I send the invite so we can get started. I get a reply message stating that he just then looked at the game and didn't know if he wanted to play it, then he decided not to. Being left with that wonderful WTF feeling time and again is the very reason why we need something like this. My main problem is when there are legitimate reasons why someone would not attend or leave a boost early, because life happens. After that the question is can such a system truly exist without people giving negative scores to people for the wrong reasons even if scores are distributed for just attendance and staying till all players receive the respective trophies? And will our community of gamers be happy with just attendance, and staying being the major or only contributing factors towards reputation? It would be awesome to be able to weed out the good guys from the bad guys but my cynical side thinks that because it's internet based there will be more than a few people who will find a way to devalue or take advantage of such a system. Putting us right back where we started with the craps shoot of not knowing who is a solid booster and who's going to screw you over. :shakefist:

Yeah, to be honest the biggest problem here is ''life happens''. I had an Arkham Origins session, and twice I had to cancel due to IRL intervening and one time where my TV wasn't even working for several days. I think a good way might be some kind of system where one can appeal negative complaints/votes, but I dunno how you can know who's lying and who's telling the truth.

People remember good boosters anyways. The feature would cause a lot of acrimonious back and forth as people would simply give negative feedback in exchange for negative feedback and so on and so on.

There are plenty of boosters I don't care to work with due to thier selfish behaviour, but usually if someone has screwed me by leaving a session after they get the trophy and not helping in kind, or shortchanging the number of winning rounds or something like that, ill remember and, if I get the opportunity, screw them over in some later session, or at least warn others about them.

• Like 1

Also don't forget this: A lot of people blame others when it's honestly their own fault.

Their boosting session doesn't go to plan and they blame the people who turned up on time.

(From a skate 3 session where the creator was late - and somehow I inherited all the blame.)

Yup, ive had shit like this.

I turned up to a Crisis 2 session. The host recognised me from a session on another game and knew I was reasonably good at keeping it organised and asked me to do the majority of the corralling. The rest of the people showed, I started talking and got 10 ppl shouting at me to STFU as 'who the hell was I to start telling them what to do' despite the host actually saying yeah 'this dude will run it'! Session went to shit.

i agree to above comments there needs to be a way we can let members kno who are reliable and who are selfish im fairly new to psnprofiles but have been able to help a few people with trophies but havent gotten the same in return and thats just not righ but i wont trip it is what it is and im pretty sure most people have school work kids etc as i do for the record i advise folks to check people profiles or pm them to see if they are serious i know i dont mind helping out just hit me up and if i have time and the game then we can work something out

There's people that actually do that? Get their trophy and then ditch you? Wow. Talk about doing dirty.

Never happened to me really, I'm been with people that after getting their trophies, help other people to get ones that werent in the session at first, people can be nice sometimes. But yeah I'm sure people do that.

About legitimate reasons for not showing up on a session. I don't think real life issues should be considered in the reputation system, if it ever comes to be. Yeah getting back feedback for something out of your control is not fair, but how many times do you think it interferes with gaming sessions? Those kind of problems aren't common, if you pick your sessions carefully. So if you can't make it due to more important issues, you will get a bad "score" but if you are a good booster then you should have a lot of good ones from previous sessions to even the average.

in general, I like how the 5 star system in the forums works fine and could be used on gaming sessions.

This is why i dont put exact dates and times. I share my consoles with others so i cant make exact times for when i am going to boost because someone else might be playing. I really like this idea and personally i like helping people i've already helped a bunch of people on all stars even though i got the plat ages ago. I also dont join sessions with exact dates and times because i dont know if i could make it. i feel like this is a good idea but people like me where time is limted on consoles will have a bad rep easily. That's probably the only downside i see with this idea, perhaps there should be a neutral rating.