Trophy Thoughts?

Thephoenixshow

I'm so excited for this, I've only heard great things about this game. I know it's more of an action thriller/mystery and not horror but I've been longing for another game that has spooky vibes lol. Trophy list looks decent but I have no idea how much of a step-up the Nightmare difficulty would be so it might be provide a bit of challenge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Just like the achievements, nothing new which is dissapointing. Was hoping for something unique on the PS version. Still it will be fun getting all these achievements as trophies this time. Easy plat!

Edit: I just noticed that the PS version has easy mode unless it is simply miss typed which is likely knowing which company is remastering this game. 

Departure
You completed the game on Easy difficulty.

Xbox/Steam only have Normal, Hard & Nightmare.

I am now expecting buggy trophies, Since there is one for collecting all normal mode manuscript.

Picking Up After Yourself
You have found every manuscript page in Normal mode.

But normal mode is easy mode now so you does that mean we have to play on Hard? Guess we will have to wait and see if manuscripts spawn on easy.

Yea I'm very interested about this as well.

What I've read is that the Picking Up After Yourself pops collecting the Manuscripts on Normal, Hard or Nightmare, but the Collectible one pops only on Nightmare. And this talk around the net about Easy=Normal, Normal=Hard is confusing as heck xD

I actually think 'Normal Mode' just means that base Manuscripts which spawn on Easy, Normal, Hard or Nightmare and can actually pop even on Easy. Remember it says Normal Mode, not Difficulty but the Difficulty trophies actually say Difficulty.

Lots of players have popped Picking Up After Yourself on higher difficulties.

I think you can play easy, get all manuscripts to get Picking Up After Yourself, then do Nightmare and get those and you're golden. There are Normal and Nightmare manuscripts, the normals spawn on any difficulty, but nightmares only on Nightmare.

Though you can get everything on Nightmare if you play through first blind.

If we're lucky and Nightmare is unlocked at the start, means only 1 playthrough ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

It’s a fantastic game. I believe with all the collectibles you’re looking at 12 can towers, 100 thermoses and 130 Manuscript Pages. I believe 23 pages can only be found on Nightmare difficulty so this will require 2 playthrough minimum. Some of the miscellaneous level-based stuff is quite difficult too. Mostly Reaching Cauldron Lake in 30 minutes, Surviving Bright Falls without dying (lasts half a late game chapter) and the one for not killing a single taken in the entire final chapter. It’s such a good game though, ya’ll in for a treat 

• Like 1

I loved the original Alan Wake back then on xbox360, so I'm very excited. I didn't hate its achievements back then, but I didn't manage to get the 100%, now it's my chance to fix it. I really like the platinum trophy icon, too bad they simply named it "platinum trophy"... I hate that, I totally didn't expect that, Control had a normal name...

Edited by W0ndrful101
typo

38 minutes ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

It’s a fantastic game. I believe with all the collectibles you’re looking at 12 can towers, 100 thermoses and 130 Manuscript Pages. I believe 23 pages can only be found on Nightmare difficulty so this will require 2 playthrough minimum. Some of the miscellaneous level-based stuff is quite difficult too. Mostly Reaching Cauldron Lake in 30 minutes, Surviving Bright Falls without dying (lasts half a late game chapter) and the one for not killing a single taken in the entire final chapter. It’s such a good game though, ya’ll in for a treat 

Assuming Nightmare is unlocked in the same way, I'm hoping it's now unlocked from the start then it will be 1 playthrough minimum, though I know that's wishful thinking, one can hope ;)

Can't really find a good collectibles guide. Either way you'll want to do two playthroughs as Nightmare mode makes getting all collectibles tricky. 

1.) All collectibles playthrough on Easy or Normal.

2.) Nightmare run to get the nightmare only manuscripts.

Still, if anyone can find a good guide that'd be nice. The Rooster Teeth guide misses stuff

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Can't really find a good collectibles guide. Either way you'll want to do two playthroughs as Nightmare mode makes getting all collectibles tricky. 

1.) All collectibles playthrough on Easy or Normal.

2.) Nightmare run to get the nightmare only manuscripts.

Still, if anyone can find a good guide that'd be nice. The Rooster Teeth guide misses stuff

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/205346-alan-wake-color-coded-collectibles-guide

Right so I've completed Alan Wake on Xbox and Steam.

Trophies appear the same which is good, no American Nightmare which is also good.

Tips:

• 2 runs will be needed (Easy Normal & Nightmare)
    • Perform an easy/normal playthrough
      • Get the lay of the land
      • Collectables run (7 different types)
      • Be aware there are some level specific trophies (such as Child of the Elder God etc)
    • Perform a nightmare run
  • Collectables Guide:
  • Kill Specific stuff
    • A lot will occur naturally through the two playthroughs
    • There are some areas you can farm as they throw a lot of enemies at you
    • They can also count on DLC
  • DLC
    • Adds more difficult ones such as no reloads/death (I don't believe they're diffciulty linked which is good)
    • More collectables

I look forward to this. Just wondering about auto-pop between PS4/PS5

33 minutes ago, wardragon989 said:

Right so I've completed Alan Wake on Xbox and Steam.

Trophies appear the same which is good, no American Nightmare which is also good.

Tips:

• 2 runs will be needed (Easy Normal & Nightmare)
    • Perform an easy/normal playthrough
      • Get the lay of the land
      • Collectables run (7 different types)
      • Be aware there are some level specific trophies (such as Child of the Elder God etc)
    • Perform a nightmare run
  • Collectables Guide:
  • Kill Specific stuff
    • A lot will occur naturally through the two playthroughs
    • There are some areas you can farm as they throw a lot of enemies at you
    • They can also count on DLC
  • DLC
    • Adds more difficult ones such as no reloads/death (I don't believe they're diffciulty linked which is good)
    • More collectables

I look forward to this. Just wondering about auto-pop between PS4/PS5

Perhaps we need to wait and see first, I know we are all assuming the same as the original as we always do with re-releases, but sometimes unexpected things do change and in the meantime until those changes are discovered if any, we have some misinformation going around which makes the discovery of possible changes take longer as nobody is keeping an eye open because they have been told everything is exactly the same feature/mechanic wise before the game is even released!

I'm sure most will stay the same, though they may add a few more collectibles, it's possible Nightmare is unlocked from the start and it's also possible there may be accessibility features that don't disable trophies, just like in Control.

Some changes could turn it into a easy 1 playthrough platinum plus the DLC, though if this happens there will no doubt be a bitching thread on it.

I'm with you that nothing has likely changed, though I like to keep an open mind until I can 100% confirm ;)